14 7.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png
'

Last edited by a moderator:

ESC94

Had to upgrade from :6: to :7:, still not my favourite but I kinda enjoy it now, especially when my day at work was bad. xmetal

Btw, the most important German fanblog ESC kompakt started their annual songchecks with :hr::

I translated what the bloggers said about the song.

Benny - It´s unbelieveable that Baby Lasagna was only moved to the preselection retrospectively. A diverse and energetic song, additionally with socially relevant lyrics. With the staging Baby Lasagna still has to work a bit, but I´m in good spirits when it comes to that. :12:

Berenike - "Rim Tim Tagi Dim" is a neat mix that directly ignites enthusiasm. The song is energetic, diverse in instrumentation, has lots of engery due to the Rock elements, a cathy chorus and an onomatopoeic hook that you can sing along immediately. :10:

Douze Points - Somehow the melody/sound is really familiar and almost predictable for me. I like the song very much as a stage song, not so much when it comes to listening, that´s to aggressive and spit out. I can´t imagine it that much as an ESC winner. :8:

Flo - It´s not surprising that Croatia is currently leading in the odds. "Rim Tim Tagi Dim" has not only a visually convincing package but Marko Purišić also has a big aura and lots of charisma. Additionally this lovely dancing choreo in the bridge, exactly this moments belong to the ESC. :8:

Manu - As an audio I like listening to "Rim Tim Tagi Dim", but I still find it very much overrated now. Of course the rhythm is pushing the song forward, the short electronic break brings some variety, but all in all it´s too plain for me. . Baby Lasaga doesn´t have all that much charisma on stage for me, the performance in the NF was too conceptless and the live vocals were pretty weak. Thanks to the present message still :6: after all.

Max - The song does with me what it actually shouldn´t do, placing somewhere in the middle. Yes, it´s edgy and yes it will stand out, but in a year where many countries put on hip and edgy songs, Croatia is somehow falling out for me. Will it win as the odds predict at the moment?? I´m excited to see where the journey goes. :6:

Peter - Rim Tim Tagi Tim. This is art. THAT is the reason why I love the ESC. And Croatia is one of the most creative countries in the ESC community anyway. A big party song with a lot of individuality, a message AND a tempting drive. Croatia is living a celebration. I like, I like, I like. And Marko looks great (only in passing, logically it doesn't matter). The techno bridge is fantastic. Outstanding. :12:

Rick: I wasn´t sure at the beginning whether the Croatian entry is musically "innovative" enough for me. A growl song for the stadium isn´t really groundbreaking. BUT the whole package carried me away very quickly, especially the mixture of shrill show and serious issue, the emigration quota of Croatia. The entry is standing out, is authentic and
memorable. Did Käärijä serve as an inspiration?? For sure. Does it bother the casual viewer?? I don´t think so. :10:

Last edited:

Citelis

Normally Croatia would be the obvious winner this year. However the national final performance wasn't convincing at all and that made it to feel a bit doubtful. If he improves by a lot during the rehearsals then he is more likely the winner.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I think Lithuania, Finland and The Netherlands are gonna be main reasons for this not to win. Too many countries are going Kaarja style bop this year.

You meant Estonia probably not Lithuania?

Otherwise agree. He's going to be max 6th with the juries and he'd need a landslide in televote for this to win (Käärijä style) and he won't succeed in that because Netherlands will probably win it.

Ezio

Veteran
I also think Baby Lasagna runs too close to the sun, Käärijää, and there is much more competition in this genre than last year.

So Lasagna loses in uniqueness by comparison to last year and in terms of overall competition this year.

Alcatraz

You meant Estonia probably not Lithuania?

Otherwise agree. He's going to be max 6th with the juries and he'd need a landslide in televote for this to win (Käärijä style) and he won't succeed in that because Netherlands will probably win it.
No way NL wins the televote.

blue00eyes

This year's ESC is just so bad that we have a winner like this.

Edit: nothing can be worse than the chicken entry

empo21

Veteran
I really don't like the way he sings "There's no going BA-ack" in the live version. Other than that he seems to be improving as seen from his last performance.

FilipFromSweden

i jUsT CaNt sEe ThIS WiNnInG!!1 - comment said about literally every song that has won Eurovision. Last year it was Tattoo.

Maia

i jUsT CaNt sEe ThIS WiNnInG!!1 - comment said about literally every song that has won Eurovision. Last year it was Tattoo.
Gosh were people actually saying that about Tattoo? :LOL: I didn't think there were any doubts about it winning

jatojo

I was looking for support for my opinion that the Croatian song is bad. So I played it for my old mother - thinking that a song like that doesn't appeal at all to the elderly. But - unfortunately - she likes it! A devastating blow ...

Top Bottom