14 7.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png
'

Last edited by a moderator:

akoz

Easy :12: points from me. Simple but entertaining and with meaning behind it. This song was in my top5 of national season and I'm really happy he is going to ESC.
Studio version is great, I really like the staging but not performance overall and camerawork. Semifinal performance was a disaster, but final - much better, but still need a lot of work. You or training to sing and vibe all together for all 2 months till Eurovison or you move less, sing more stable and give all the movements to dancers and let the camera do the work.
But even without all of this I think it's a locked top6 finish in the final, but I'll hope for polished performance in May and then maybe even a win for Croatia. xheart

jasna11

I would like the Eurovision Song Contest to start changing. I'm really sick of generic pop that often comes in combination with ethnic sound. That monster must die in the 21st century. Hope was born a long time ago, when the Lords won, but it soon died. Hope was reborn when Maneskin won (you remember Damian's scream Rock never dies). Then Kaarija blew me away with half of his song and disappointed me when he turned the second part into a children's song. And now finally comes Baby Lasagna, who holds the song from beginning to end and does not turn it into a sleazy mockery in order to flatter the majority, but grinds fiercely to the end. And that's why I hope he will win. Not because he's from my country. I simply want more rock, more punk, techno, metal to come to the Eurovision Song Contest. I can no longer listen to one and the same type of music all the time, which boils down to one and the same genre. Pop lemonades in which singers compete to hit the highest notes. If Baby Lasagna wins the televoting, it will be a sign that there is hope for ES. And I predict that there will be a massacre in televoting and that you will be very surprised :)

ayzelto

The studio version is catchy enough and enjoyable. But let's be realistic, a song like this will probably never win if there are juries involved in the voting. At least is hasn't happened an entry like this in the 22 years I have been following Eurovision (with the exception of Finland 2006, but at that time juries were not voting).

In my opinion, Finland last year was much better than this one, and Kärijää had a charisma this guy doesn't have, and still, he managed to get only 150 points from the juries. I am afraid this won't get more than that. 1st in the televote? Maybe, but there are a lot of (similar) songs that can do really well in the televote this year (and more to come, probably).

The staging? That's not a problem; it can be improved. But those vocals? I really hope he can take some training sessions or whatever he can do because I am sorry, but his live performance is not good.

I understand all the Croatians being excited for having an entry that has a shot (I actually think it will do well), but for me, this is not a winning entry. For now we have Ukraine, that will probably do very well in the televote (as we all know) and will do better than this in the juries for sure.

TiagoFS

I saw that this is a big favorite, and I understand that some people have fallen in love with it. However, that's not the case for me. To me, it's just too much noise, with vocal cracks everywhere and a very amateurish performance. I can't give it more than 3 points.

Lietuvis

I didn't watch the studio version, only the live performance, so I'm basing my opinion on that. A couple things.

1. While I don't particularly enjoy these almost "joke entries" (it's not real music in my personal view), I can't argue that it is a rather catchy collection of sounds and I'm sure the Eurovision fans will eat it up. So no surprise that Eurovisionodds has this entry as one of their favorites to win. That live performance though...

2. Surely I can't be the only one bothered by that EDM break in what seemed to be a pop rock entry of some type? That felt like a strange clash of styles.

I'll give it 7 points for now because for better or worse it didn't leave me indifferent and it is catchy. I learned not to expect much quality or good taste in the eurovision anyway. But I wish Croatia good luck, and it would be amazing if the Eurovision would be hosted in Croatia next year, the most beautiful country in Europe in my book.

LakZaNokte

I understand how bookies made an impact. And I don’t like it.

At this point, it is rediculous to talk about win for anyone. So that part can and should be skipped.

Being 2nd with bookies is just a sign it could end up high. That could be any top 10, for that matter. It does not mean it will end up 2nd.

So, we all have to chill.

Btw, it has been years since we were in top 10 so such placement would be huge.

Lietuvis

What the hell. I'd say that part is the only reason why Timdigidongdong is catchy in the first place.

goncalovieira

It is a nice and catchy song. Lock qualifier. But come on, no way this is winning.
The jury will not give more than 50 points in the end.

Ajeje Brazorf

I would like the Eurovision Song Contest to start changing. I'm really sick of generic pop that often comes in combination with ethnic sound. That monster must die in the 21st century. Hope was born a long time ago, when the Lords won, but it soon died. Hope was reborn when Maneskin won (you remember Damian's scream Rock never dies). Then Kaarija blew me away with half of his song and disappointed me when he turned the second part into a children's song. And now finally comes Baby Lasagna, who holds the song from beginning to end and does not turn it into a sleazy mockery in order to flatter the majority, but grinds fiercely to the end. And that's why I hope he will win. Not because he's from my country. I simply want more rock, more punk, techno, metal to come to the Eurovision Song Contest. I can no longer listen to one and the same type of music all the time, which boils down to one and the same genre. Pop lemonades in which singers compete to hit the highest notes. If Baby Lasagna wins the televoting, it will be a sign that there is hope for ES. And I predict that there will be a massacre in televoting and that you will be very surprised :)

Käärja and Baby Lasagna are both pop. Call It alternative pop, maybe, but both of their entries are pop. That said, I like both, but both are not my winners for the respective years.

jasna11

Käärja and Baby Lasagna are both pop. Call It alternative pop, maybe, but both of their entries are pop. That said, I like both, but both are not my winners for the respective years.
Cha Cha Cha' is a compound of metal, rap, electronica and schlager.
Rim tim tagi dim is rock, metal, techno, electronica and trap. That's what I hear in those songs. If there is a pop, it is very well disguised.

Iker

Veteran
Cha Cha Cha' is a compound of metal, rap, electronica and schlager.
Rim tim tagi dim is rock, metal, techno, electronica and trap. That's what I hear in those songs. If there is a pop, it is very well disguised.

Yup.

Top Bottom