• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png
'

Last edited by a moderator:

Yazy

So I listened to everything in full.

Objectively speaking, there is definitely here more for people to dig into compared to last year selection.

For me personally though, nothing appealed that much.

The only song that somewhat did do it for me is "Plavi Leptir" but even that one I find it flawed. Primarily cause the chorus, while captivating at first, becomes one note and repetitive.

Last edited:
When I listen to (shitty boring) song Pavel sent to Dora and remember their main member was in jury picking songs for Dora two years ago everything becomes crystal clear :rolleyes:

A furious article on index.hr has been just published in this regard, gotta love this journalist knowing all the tea about selection committee choosing their friends year after year 🤣

https://www.index.hr/mobile/magazin...43.aspx?index_ref=naslovnica_magazin_ostalo_m

This gives me an idea of a stronger EBU control to guarantee the independence and quality of Eurovision, for example, by EBU's delegate that would supervise national competition process...

aef

Rim tim tagi dim is one hell of a song, wow what a stunning surprise. It's the best example for a positive trainwreck that works in every aspect. So catchy, and captivating. Eurovision also needs this, together with more serious acts. I wonder if he can deliver live though? This song definitely has very big televoting potential.

As much as I was disappointed by Damdiggida today, as much do I love Rim tim tai dim!

But what on earth did HRT smoke not to have this song in the original lineup???

I hope Let 3 won't win again anyway ?!? I still hate them.

Last edited:

Bmbriga

A furious article on index.hr has been just published in this regard, gotta love this journalist knowing all the tea about selection committee choosing their friends year after year 🤣

https://www.index.hr/mobile/magazin...43.aspx?index_ref=naslovnica_magazin_ostalo_m

While I agree to some extent, it's not surprising mostly HRT employees are involved in Dora, again it's mostly the same thing in all of the countries, because, shockers... It's a broadcaster competition :eek:
Also his The Voice hate is (he hates it in almost every article) is misplaced. It's a stupid Saturday fun that mostly doesn't produce stars in any country and we have it every few years. So his whining about "tax payers' money" being wasted and going for that is tiring.
It's a TV show with singing people, not some career generator. :rolleyes:

With that said, HRT has a tendency of calling their friends from the industry.
I don't care if their radio host guy is part of the jury or not, but when including musicians just
don't call that Pavel guy to pick songs for Dora, then hire his wife/vocalist of the band next year to be in ESC jury and then third year pick their bland boring song for the competition.
And all of that while they have one half hit in 20 years. xfacepalm

I also agree with him that thight circles in our music industry basically killed it.
They are pushing their boring friends and then those boring friends push their boring mediocre friends, then they give eachother awards and tap eachother on the back how great they are. :sick:

Now, what he doesn't take into account is that young people in Croatia are also boring. You can put them in two categories, those who listen to cajke and those who listen to music from 40 years ago.
Maybe pop music in Croatia is dead, but it's not in the rest of the world and look at the same old boring foreign songs young people pick themselves for blind auditions at the voice. xexcuseme
If I hear Hallelujah one more time I'm going to spare my TV and just go directly trash their studio.

Also, mainstream music and old people aside. Kids don't watch HRT to find their music and the complete lack of kids who make music and push it out online is astonishing.

So, sure. HRT sucks and mainstream music industry sucks, but it's not their fault alone.
Unfortunately, it's not like streams are full of great modern production songs from young artists who can't catch a break because of industry shenanigans. xcoffee

This gives me an idea of a stronger EBU control to guarantee the independence and quality of Eurovision, for example, by EBU's delegate that would supervise national competition process...
EBU doesn't have anything to supervise, because there's no rule you need to have public national selection.
We're mad at the process here, but in the end it's completely pointless because they can do whatever they want and HRT could just as easy pick a song internally, like a lot of other countries.

Of course they would never do such a thing again, because that means less exposure for their friends and they know there's no other way to make people listen to Saša Lozar's song two or three times.

The hype for Lasagna in Croatia is such that the journalists are pursuing him relentlessly for 2 days straight.

The hosts of a national licence radio station very popular amongst youngsters have announced that the radio station will be playing Baby Lasagna every day as they want him at Eurovision.

This kind of support is extremly important for artists such as Lasagna as he has no label behind him unlike other competitors. He's self-made.

His 1st interview with a big magazine was published today.

He says that he received numerous messages from unknown people with advices how to stage the song for Dora. The bubble got wet 🤣

He says now he has to change his initial plans re staging as the song has exploded. Which means he didn't have any idea that he would be loved by the audience. He's now preparing something "bigger, darker and more energetic". Says he's a fan of Rammstein, so he will go that way.

Last edited:

MAD20

Such a step up from the Dora last year, well done Croatia! 100% team Baby Lasagna here, let's just hope the live performance is great and does not let everybody down as Harmonija Disonance did.

Such a step up from the Dora last year, well done Croatia! 100% team Baby Lasagna here, let's just hope the live performance is great and does not let everybody down as Harmonija Disonance did.

Yeah, prayer circle! Or maybe we should continue bombing his inbox as CRO bubble does every day 🤣

Some comforting differences from Harmonija Disonance lady's choir are that he has already performed as a bassist on Dora and with his brother's band on metal festivals in Germany. He has also released 2 videos of his songs with interesting visuals. So he "gets the business".

He's also hot, not to dismiss that as well 🤣

62714056-baby-lasagna.jpg

Now it's proper moment to share my fascination with these legs 🫠🤣🤣

He would be lacking funding for Eurovision, though.

Yazy

Guess I´ll have to wait for the live shows to see if my personal liking of this line up improves (because my opinion of DORA 2021 for instance definitely improved with the live show).

As of right now, I´m really not feeling either baby roga or baba lasagna.
:unsure:

Croatian broadcaster HRT being criticized for putting Baby Lasagna on reserve list by its own contractor, famous chaser Dean Kotiga from HRT's version of The Chase. 🤣🙃

By saying "The boss shocked when I said at 14:40 PM [time when the song was aired] that Lasagna is a fav to win Dora or even Eurosong but he was at a reserve list" he alludes to the editor-in-chief of HRT, Marija Nemčić. 🙃🤣🤣🤣

Just for the record, one of the members of HRT's selection committee was president of OGAE Croatia. That guy has a lot to explain.

Last edited:

HarryUK

Veteran
May or may not have had Rim Tim Tagi Dim on in the car via YouTube and my boyfriend's reaction was "I don't know if this is the best or worst thing I've ever heard"

I think we may be a Baby Lasagna household this year! :hr:

May or may not have had Rim Tim Tagi Dim on in the car via YouTube and my boyfriend's reaction was "I don't know if this is the best or worst thing I've ever heard"

I think we may be a Baby Lasagna household this year! :hr:

You wanna say that you both might or might have not liked it but still your heads were nodding Rim - Tim - Tagi - Dim - Dim - Rim - Tim - Tagi - Dim - Dim - Meow back. I understand. I understand both of you. 🤣

Info from the WiWi's interview with Baby Lasagna:

1. Staging
- raw energy
- dancers
- a band
- some FOLKLORE (I see why, rim-tim-tagi-dim hits hard as Balkan or Slavic "kolo" dances rythm or tempo does)
- he found himself a professional for staging

2. Song
- is dedicated to the Croats who left their country en masse due to the politics to pursue better luck elsewhere
[The boy knows how to fish national votes for Dora and then diaspora votes at ESC, I see 12 pts televote from Austria, Germany, Ireland, Sweden, right away 😆]
- is completely written, recorded and produced BY HIMSELF

3. Eurovision Trivia
- got pissed off last year when Kaarija didn't win, wants to meet him once, he loves him
- a huge Måneskin stan

There, he's ticked all my boxes, plus the legs. We're married already, he just doesn't know about that. 🤣

jatojo

Rim tim tagi dim is one hell of a song, wow what a stunning surprise. It's the best example for a positive trainwreck that works in every aspect. So catchy, and captivating. Eurovision also needs this, together with more serious acts. I wonder if he can deliver live though?

As I see it, they can have some other guy singing the high notes in the chorus, so the vocal part should be pretty easy. Finland did well last year with a non-singer.

lasse braun

when we get the officiell songs from croation tv via youtube?
until now have heard only a fistful incl. let 3 and only the song from baby lasagne can fit my taste - it is tasty song but not so tasty than the talharpa sensation from estonia - together with mistra and gate from norway i have at the moment 4 interesting songs in my noticebook. xqueenbitch

Top Bottom