Contact us

Cheating in Eurovision voting

Jeansy

Re: Proof that Azerbaijan cheats in Eurovision voting

i don't understand russian. can someone translate it? thank you!

just load the story and get google to translate it for you.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member

I just can't understand all this fuss about Azerbaijan on this forum. Why Azerbaijan, not other country? Why not Denmark? It was obvious that Swedish and EBU made Denmark as winner even before show.

Quent91

And how could they even end up in 8th place in 2008 ? Once again, they got a lot of 12 points for that horrible song xpuke

Quent91

It was obvious that Swedish and EBU made Denmark as winner even before show.

Still a better winner than that bland song which finished 2nd xshrug

If Az. had been sending the song from Ireland, they would still be in the top 10 IOTAP

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

I just can't understand all this fuss about Azerbaijan on this forum. Why Azerbaijan, not other country? Why not Denmark? It was obvious that Swedish and EBU made Denmark as winner even before show.

What rock have you been living under Trece?:lol:

Some of us, infact a lot of us are not happy with Denmark's special treatment either.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member

and this "proof" has NOTHING with real.
I easily can make THE SAME video how Malta bought Belarusian 7 points for example :lol:

Venage

I'm also not surprised. The Azeri songs haven't been that good every year to deserve such a high placing. This stinks a lot! EBU should only allow one vote per phone. Then it would be especially hard to buy votes.

LalehForWD

Sabina deserved every single vote she got 2012. Bought or not! :D

Mozz

how you think about :az: i think :nl: bought EBU this year that qualify finally and get high place (with such dreadful song) and no surprise that exUSSR didn't gave it any points (thank God)

Sorry, but a big fat

LOL.

The Dutch like to see a good result at Eurovision, yes, but we're not desperate about image-building and reputation in Eurovision. Eurovision is not that important for the Dutch.

You just don't have the sensitivity for songs like Birds, instead you like uptempo latin disco songs for example. It's just a matter of music taste. You've deeply hated Birds from the start, but you don't need to use it as an example (in such a ridiculous way) in this discussion.

Venage

Don't even think about that :lol They're going to lose a lot of money if they restrict the votes by telephone xshrug

How much money do they get if a vote costs only 14 Cents?! :confused:

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member

new example:
Loreen got the most little points from :it: (:0:) and :sm: (:3:) last year. Now :it: and :sm: gave BOTH :12: to :dk:. Even :sm: gave :12: not to :it:. When :it: and :sm: became SO mainstream? :rolleyes:

Jeansy

Strangely enough Britain wasn't allowed to vote by text, anybody else told they couldn't?

LalehForWD

I don't understand it either. But then why Sweden and EBU would give a victory to Denmark is equally mysterious. :D

Venage

Strangely enough Britain wasn't allowed to vote by text, anybody else told they couldn't?

No it was possible, although slightly more expensive (20 Cents) than the televotes.

Kicker

I'm actually pretty sure that Azerbaijan isn't the only one cheating in the voting... Eurovision definitely becomes worse and worse...

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Sabina deserved every single vote she got 2012. Bought or not! :D

Sabina was great (only Azerbaijani entry in recent memory i've enjoyed) but I believe she unfairly took a certain dreadlocked legend from Albania's rightful position on the scoreboard:rolleyes:

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member

I don't understand it either. But then why Sweden and EBU would give a victory to Denmark is equally mysterious. :D

Promotion of Scandinavians? Finland 2007 Oslo 2009 Malmö 2013 next Denmark 2014...
Of course, no one thinks that Denmark could bought EBU and votes... this is not Azerbaijan which easily to pull without any argument because Azerbaijan has not good image in the world
it seems i am only in the world who likes all countries and nations, including Azerbaijan and its friendly and talented people

LalehForWD

Sabina was great (only Azerbaijani entry in recent memory i've enjoyed) but I believe she unfairly took a certain dreadlocked legend from Albania's rightful position on the scoreboard:rolleyes:

Both did really well last year I think.

Top Bottom