Getting up is growing old

If your world is breaking
And growing up is getting old
Know that you're worth saving
And getting up is all you've got​

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
Bulgaria should be able to secure another Top 10 spot with this song, because it adds to the diversity and is quite unique.

But, it's not in the running for victory. The song is not dreamy but drowsy.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Unfortunately both these returning female artists (Roxen and Victoria) came back with worse stuff for me. But on the other hand Senhit from San Marino and Uku from Estonia the exact opposite! And Switzerland '20 = '21 after subsequent listenings.

No, I mean back in March 2020 when "Cherry Red" lost to "Alcohol You" and the fandom went into a mental breakdown and started cancelling Roxen for "sabotaging" the former. I agree though that both came with weaker stuff than last year ^^

Iker

Veteran
No, I mean back in March 2020 when "Cherry Red" lost to "Alcohol You" and the fandom went into a mental breakdown and started cancelling Roxen for "sabotaging" the former. I agree though that both came with weaker stuff than last year ^^
Thank you for reminding me that ... I recall reading sth about it last year.

I bims

Veteran
God that was so annoying. I liked Cherry Red too but it was absolutely not Roxen. Even if she tried her best it would never really match the song. Should not have been in the selection to begin with.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
God that was so annoying. I liked Cherry Red too but it was absolutely not Roxen. Even if she tried her best it would never really match the song. Should not have been in the selection to begin with.

Yeah, I rooted for "Cherry Red" as much as the next guy, but it was clear the record label forced her to add it to the selection and she's not much of an "owning the stage bop" performer. Even this year it's very visible that she doesn't have much freedom in how the entry was presented (like that album cover, girl...just no).

Victoria seems to have way more liberty and BNT is much more professional in dealing with things, I wish TVR would fucking learn already.

i anixi

Been listening to all the songs for the first time, so had no time to create any kind of favoritism. Felt like they were all high quality songs, all marked by the same personal touch and bearing several common elements which were iconic to TGS. All of them lacked its instant magical appeal, but some got more depth instead.
I believe she chose well. The song is a grower and nowhere as instant as last year's Tears, but all the beautiful melody is still there, all around the wordy lyrics. The ending is epic and will be remembered with a chill of admiration.
If only every country were going for this kind of standard...

Last edited:

Nicfedy

Whichever was chosen would have my 12. I just love her music and can see her having a lot of international success in the future. She has something really special In her voice and style that is incredibly beautiful.

Ezio

Veteran
I gave it 7 points for now, because I am disappointed about their choice, which is good enough to make an impact at Eurovision. It' also more impactful than Switzerland to me, at least I can remember the song and my eardrums wont squelch.

FilipFromSweden

I love Victoria and think she's the bee's knees, but the song is bland and fails to stand out to others in the same genre/style. I totally respect and like that she chose her favorite song. Imaginary Friend really could've won, but oh well :5:

Ezio

Veteran
"Bland" for a quite original song is a "choice". I would say the song is low-key but bland not really.

DanielLuis

I am so so happy she chose this one! By far my favourite from the start.
Imaginary friend would be good as well, and maybe it would have been smarter to choose what seems to be the fans overall favourite, but if this is the one she truly connects to the most then she made the right decision.
Anyway, I relate with "Growing up is getting old" in a way I really haven't connected with a Eurovision song in a while, these lyrics just hit me so strongly on the current place I'm at in life. And besides the personal connection, I really think this is the one that offers THE moment when the violins hit during the last minute. If they can stage it properly, it's surely a contender. Either way, it's getting my :12: in the poll and my vote in May's semifinal and final, that's for sure.

FilipFromSweden

"Bland" for a quite original song is a "choice". I would say the song is low-key but bland not really.
You really think that Victoria is the first one to do this type of song? Have several seats, it's been done for years. You may disagree with me but you can't say that this song is original. In fact I'd argue incredibly few songs in Eurovision are ever original

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
I just got home to find that Bulgaria have given me my new #1 on the year. As I engaged more with the lyrics, the more I realized that this is exactly the song I need at this moment in my life. Right now is, for me, a kind of suffocating, scary moment, and this song is like being told that everything is valid and will be okay. It's just an incredibly mature, wise song. I feel such comfort from it and am so grateful that it's here. :12:, obviously.

Frenchbaguette

So I usually wait to film a reaction video but since i'm traveling till saturday I won't be able to shot any.

I decided to listen to the bulgarian song, out of curiosity, and also because I had not listened to any of her songs.

But guys....

The first minut went by and I was intrigued by it, i kept on watching.

At some moment, the song started to really get into me and i had goosebumps and chills everywhere. Her lyrics really got printed in my brain and i started tearing up, and when in the MV she hug this little girl (which looks exactly like my little sister), I started sobbing, litteraly, I saw myself, 2 years ago, saying goodbye to her, as she was 9, knowing she won't have the chance to grow up with a big brother always looking out for her, as I had the chance to have 2 big sisters protecting me. I love you Zoé, you're the strongest girl I know.

Another thing was the "growing up is getting old" chorus, I am afraid of growing up, I don"t know what I want for sure, I'm really scared sometimes and I have nightmares about "who will I be" later, It kinda sounds ridiculous, but oh well.

Victoria Thank you for being such an amazing artist, this song has got winner vibes, I felt every emotions while listening to it and it didn't happen since 2016's Jamala (hopefully winner song).

:12: And best song for me so far. Number 1, please, let it be Sofia 2022 ! (or paris huehue)

Ezio

Veteran
Hm so I listened three times in a row to this song but why.... :)

hawadharma

I totally respect her decision to choose GUIGO.
I can see already the potential of this song on big stage.

For me, Victoria has taken a calculated risk, in order to promote her EP.
Imaginary Friend would not need ESC stage to be popular as it is instantly catchy - so maybe this song will grow just as well on radio.
GUIGO on the other hand, is a grower which needs just a little bit of boost in terms of visual representation. It is also the closest song to Tears Getting Sober.

Good luck Bulgaria, best NF so far. :12: from me.

Top Bottom