2 1.5%

4 3.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

gigi_copp3

I have a question: if Belgium wins, which TV station will organize the event and which will choose their representive?

0scar

I'm not Belgian so what would I know but my guess would be that RTBF would host it, most presumably in Brussels.
When they hosted in 1987, the Walloon broadcaster hosted and the Flemish one picked the representant, just as normal, but I can imagine RTBF/VRT agreeing that RTBF would also pick the representant if they host, with it being VRT's turn in 2026 again.

Alternatively, RTBF/VRT will collaborate and host Eurovision but what I hear from my Flemish friends, I feel like that wouldn't sit right with lots of people on both sides of the language border. I guess it's safe to assume that if Belgium wins in 2024, it won't be Antwerp 2025 lol

Judas

FSC Mod
Staff member
One of the growers for me. I didn't enjoy it much at first listen but it is becoming more impactful for me.

toinou03

This is brilliant, very classy, maybe too much. I don't know why, I don’t connect to the song although I'd like to love it. Maybe because that's not what I expected from Mustii. Hopefully, the live will help to unpolish it and make me love it !

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Can't speak for Wallonia since i genuinely don't know. Interest has improved in Flanders over the years, and VRT has attempted to get a few big names in with the 2023 selection (and only sort of succeeded). Hoverphonic doing it was a huge deal.

Ted Talks

The more I’ve heard this on the 2024 playlist during my evening walks, the more my opinion has solidified.

Those first 2 minutes are slow and lifeless. Despite having heard it several times now, I simply don’t recognise the song from those first 2 mins. It just kind of exists until that final minute kicks in.

I really like that last minute - it’s great - and I think could really make an impact on stage with the crowd getting involved there. But getting to that moment is still the issue.

It takes too long to get going…

Seregil Korit

Yeah, I've been constantly skipping this on the playlist. It feels so uninspired. Shame for a great visual. Going from :5: to :4:.

Ezio

Veteran
For me this song is also a skipper, although I don't think it's bad. It just takes itself too seriously and doesn't create a captivating moment. It's an unrelatable song and I think it could flop heavily in the Final.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I'm still highkey surprised that RTBF managed to round up a room full of fans (including Jacotte Brokken for some reason?) and gaslit them into excitement for a song that builds up very slowly into a climax that isn't even that good.

Upgrading my :4: to a :5: though. It's better than several of the other songs I'm meh on, and it tries to be good and forward-thinking. But let's see what the live has in store before I give any more. I defo do NOT feel like :be: are a lock in that second semi.

Wynnter

This shit fucking SLAPS. xheatxheatxheat

I am in love with the structure of the song. How it starts with this pulsating and calm, but also ominous beginning, which then beautifully builds up through the first chorus into a more upbeat second verse, and then hits the two minute mark from where it just... explodes! That last section is the shining crown of the song, honestly. The amount of raw power that shines through is so GOOD.

I really hope the staging is nailed through and through. If they do, then this is in my opinion a jury winner. If not, then it at least should be. xcheer

:12: points

rasmuslights

Veteran
I'm also giving this masterpiece a 12.

Belgium apart from 2022 and 2023 has consistently been in my top 10 every year since 2015!

Etanna

I sort of overlooked it at first but now it's one of my most played songs this year. The ending is simply epic. Fingers crossed that after having sent 500 moody songs in the past few years, Belgium will have learned how to stage such an entry xpray

esc87fan

I'd say Belgium's in a good spot in the running order, coming after Georgia (a mid- to up-tempo song) and before Estonia (a frantic, hip-hop/folk song). Mustii will stand out for sure, I just hope it's staged well

Last edited:
Top Bottom