Contact us

Bavaria

Eulaliya

Future talk now folks!

While DK might be contenders for the crown or not (only time and fate will tell), my Bavarian reign will be short as this is a holiday region. From WV99 on there will be a surprise switch to any one of these places:

Basque Country
Brittany
China
Faroe Islands
Guatemala (just to send Gaby Moreno and friends)
Iran
Kazakhstan (hooray for their jESC debut!)
Malaysia
Pakistan
Philippines (there are more gems to send from my beloved homeland including the return of Asin or Lea Salonga)
[insert any random African country that never took part in WV before]

(Feel free to suggest any region as long as it's not a US or UK region!)

Talking about celebrations for WV100 and my upcoming anniversaries, I'll do my best to make them as grand as possible, and I hope y'all come! ;) xcheer

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Well I don't want to sway you or anything, and i'm sure you'd find gems from any of those places. I did though enjoy very much seeing you play with your homeland. Asin and The Camerawalls were my favourites of your entrants..... until SoBs came alongxheat Pakistan intrigues me simply for the fact it's never been at WorldVision before.

Eulaliya

Heyho! We've achieved another victory, not a gold one but another bronze. Danke schön for all the support! xlove xhug

:12: :pt: Aegean Region
:10: :ca::paci::kr::ee:
:8: :lond::jp::lv:
:7: :vn::cali:
:6: :hu::de:
:5: :en::sobr::ba:de
:4: ::wenl:it::nz:
:3: :dk::no:rr:susa:
:2: ::onta::lein
:1: xpokerface

Speaking of deadlines, I hereby declare that you have until August 10th 23:59 CEST to vote in the Bayernfest NF on the previous page. Have fun! xcheer

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Congratulations Eulaliyaxheart Gosh, some mighty fine editions you've been having with two bronze medals in the space of just four editions and a 4th place too? That slayagexheat

Sorry I didn't give Moskau my 12:( I think it was one of the hardest decisions i've ever had to make playing this game, as it's such an iconic song. Thrilled to see it do so well though. Ralph Siegel knows how to write catchy tunes.

Eulaliya

Hey-ho! Would like to thank our sponsors Kai, Luis and Oleg for the next three votes, and here's our current standings:

The race between the current first and second places seems to be a tough one, but only fate will tell which one of them will prevail at the end... xheat
And for those who haven't voted yet, you have only two days left and until Friday one minute before midnight to do so :)

Amir

Veteran
:ba:de has voted. I think the winner of this NF is mooooooooore than obvious :lol:

Eulaliya

We have recently concluded this NF with the votes from our last three voters James, Amir and João; and with them counted, we have a winner by a considerable margin apart! xheya

And once again, our warmest thanks to our voters :sc: :it: ::yohu :paci: :pt: :au: :jp: :ba:de :lond: for your contributions! xlove xhug

Eulaliya

::bava WV97 :west:
Richard Wagner - Ride of the Valkyries

The Bavarian slayage saga continues with Kill the Wabbit... no, it's the Valkyries of the Norse Mythology shouting their warcry "Eeeeuuuulaaaaliiiiiiaaaaaa!" (Pardon me if it brings back Redwall references, I just can't help it :p )

Okay, so to sum things up, "Ride of the Valkyries" is the first thing that come to our minds when we hear the name Richard Wagner, along with the Bridal Chorus from his opera Lohengrin. Despite Wagner's misconceptions and controversies, he was a musical genius in his own right.
So enjoy the music and I hope you like it! xheart

Eulaliya

And I've just realized I forgot to post the NF results, so here you go:

YFprCYf.png

Eulaliya

Ten points short of qualifying (therefore breaking the qualification streak in the process), and now I'm currently not sure which one to send as my last Bayern entry before the switch. :( Oh well, the blues may strike at any time, but it will vanish soon...

Eulaliya

I'm still in the dark what to send next edition, so any suggestions via PM are welcome. Maybe if in time I've garnered a few of them, then I would put up a secret National Final (like Sultana once did).

Looking forward to your thoughts and insights! xheya

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
It's a shame that my favourite didn't win here. :( you would have been my 12 pointer for the second time in a row, in case you qualified. with faun. :eek:

I love instrumentals, but this one is a bit too heavy to me, It just missed my top 10 though. Better luck next time, Eulaliya! :D

Eulaliya

It's a shame that my favourite didn't win here. :( you would have been my 12 pointer for the second time in a row, in case you qualified. with faun. :eek:

I love instrumentals, but this one is a bit too heavy to me, It just missed my top 10 though. Better luck next time, Eulaliya! :D
Thanks Luis! xlove I would have to bring them back just in case I ran out of hopefuls (or sent suggestions) for the next entry!

Eulaliya

Re: BAYERN : BAVARIA :: WV98 ::

For the meantime, help us search for the next Bayern hopefuls through scavenger search challenge. If we found so many eligible ones, we have to narrow down to a few; if we found a few at all, then it's up to me to select amongst them. :)

Eulaliya

While we are searching for the hopefuls, let's listen to the amazing Eurobeat cover of Moskau:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

tenor.gif

Wow, such a cover of Moskau. It makes me want to hear other iconic songs done in a Eurobeat style.

For next edition, if you can't think of anything else then I don't think you should shy away from sending Faun. They would make a lot of people happy. The support they got in your NF was very strong.

Eulaliya

A sincere danke schön to all who've supported that epic classical piece in the semi... as a gift, here's his beautiful non-opera composition Siegfried Idyll (see above) played just for you xlove

:12: :cali: ::yohu
:10: xpokerface
:8: :sobr: :ca:
:7: :sc:
:6: xpokerface
:5: :sl: :gr: :mx:
:4: :svea: :lv:
:3: :jp: :ie:
:2: :za: :it: Piedmont
:1: ::nswa

For next edition, we are still going on an instrumental route, this time forward to about a century after Wagner's death :) It's because when I was scavenging, some nostalgia kept playing in my mind, and I think I found the mysterious hopeful :eek:

Eulaliya

The main post has been improved with brand-new titlecard created by yours truly. Isn't it aesthetic? :D
And I decided not to add my WV history to the thread because this is a holiday region for me, and that history is reserved for a more stable place.

Top Bottom