The weather

It hurts so fast
When love goes bad
Until at last
We fade to black

And I'm numb, numb
Numb, numb

Wait
I need some time to fix this can't you wait ?
We can't afford to miss this
You back off slowly through the door
You always go and blame the weather
The weather

It hurts so fast
When love goes bad
Until at last
We fade to black

And I'm numb, numb
Numb, numb

We're living in a memory
The present is the price I pay
Fade to black
Fade to black

It hurts so fast
When love goes bad
Until at last
We fade to black​

mauve

Veteran
It's just another male ballad that will go under in SF, I think. Nothing special, in case it is really the entry.

hijirio

Veteran
If the leak is true, this is Tom Leeb 2.0 and it will be the first time Azerbaijan is in my bottom 10.

What a year. Please cancel it fast.

Mainshow

Veteran
Are you guys talking about "My Getaway"?

If that´s the case:

- I´m really blown away by his voice. Nadir sounds absolutely stunning on the demo: His pronuncation doesn´t sound bad at all (unlike in the live performances which got shared in this thread). What a great voice!

- I really love the verses and the last part of the chorus "I hate to leave you behind"

- The song is not a slow ballad, though, and the "faster singing part" in the chorus followed by these "it´s up to you, up to you, up to youuu" sounds quite contemporary, imo.

- The chorus, however, is indeed very Tom Leeb-ish - especially the final one - I just hope that they will add some ethno-elements or some very modern (or a mix of both elements) to cover up the huge amount of cheese which will be sprinkled amongst us.

Don´t know how the final arrangement will sound like but I can´t see Azerbaijan being in my Top 5/10 for a third consecutive year but it will also not be part of my bottom 5/10.

Last edited:

crashworld

Veteran
There is no such rules on official reveal date. The delegations just need to abide to the submission date by EBU. They can reveal as late as they want as long as the final product has been submitted. But bear in mind, the delegations can still make changes to the song if they want even after the due date as long as it's not a major change I think because France 2019's version on stage is different from the official version.

hijirio

Veteran
Are you guys talking about "My Getaway"?

If that´s the case:

- I´m really blown away by his voice. Nadir sounds absolutely stunning on the demo: His pronuncation doesn´t sound bad at all (unlike in the live performances which got shared in this thread). What a great voice!

- I really love the verses and the last part of the chorus "I hate to leave you behind"

- The song is not a slow ballad, though, and the "faster singing part" in the chorus followed by these "it´s up to you, up to you, up to youuu" sounds quite contemporary, imo.

- The chorus, however, is indeed very Tom Leeb-ish - especially the final one - I just hope that they will add some ethno-elements or some very modern (or a mix of both elements) to cover up the huge amount of cheese which will be sprinkled amongst us.

Don´t know how the final arrangement will sound like but I can´t see Azerbaijan being in my Top 5/10 for a third consecutive year but it will also not be part of my bottom 5/10.

It’s not Nadir’s voice for sure. People say it might be Sandro.

hijirio

Veteran
And my Azerbaijani deep web sources say it will be a reject, but not clear whose reject it is.

Mainshow

Veteran
It’s not Nadir’s voice for sure. People say it might be Sandro.
Damn, I really, really, really, preferred these vocals to anything I´ve heard from Nadir so far.

I´m living for this right now, though.

The EBU meeting is about to take place RIGHT NOW - all songs have been already submitted (or are about to be submitted at this very moment) but we still have no clue about Azerbaijan - have to listen to rejects, fake vocals and are heavily discussing it/relying on tiny bits of information/rumours.

Most fans (me included) are annoyed by :am: and :az: for taking so long to release their entries - exceeding the non-existing deadline which has been formed in our fans´ minds - but actually, we should be grateful since they give us another exciting "Super [insert week day here]" even if it´s an "artificial" one - Imagine :az: releasing its entry on the same day like :am: - We will be getting a last "Super Saturday".

hijirio

Veteran
Or perhaps a Senhit reject 💀💀💀
The history book on the shelf, is always repeating itself 🎶

crashworld

Veteran
Just heard the leaked version. That can't be Nadir's voice right? I recall people saying his dictions are poor, so I am expecting an accent. The person who sings on the leaked version sound like he is native English speaker. It's so American pop, like your late 2000s male ballad.

And where is Julius Caesar? There is nothing about him.

I think the leaked version is likely not the chosen song. And it doesn't seem like it would be something Nadir would do.

hijirio

Veteran
CONFIRMED: It’s not Nadir’s song.

Let’s celebrate 🥳🥳🥳

Realest

Apparently the Title is "Closer to you".

Top Bottom