Contact us

Austria || WV174 - Entry Sent

EDC0708

Many thanks to everyone who helped decide the Austrian entry, and apologies to those of you who tried to vote but couldn't due to my inbox filling up, I got a lot more votes than expected. I will ensure my inbox has sufficient space next time.

There was a six point margin between 1st and 2nd, and only a five point gap between first and last for a countrys vote, so an additional vote would not have changed the winner at least.

Last edited:

EDC0708

Here are the results from the WV144 National Final:

Flieger
62​
Der Gartenzwerg
56​
Hoch Am Berg
55​
Tui Tui Tat
49​

WV146 National final to follow!

EDC0708

Unser Lied für Österreich!

This is my second attempt at a national final, and the first to feature multiple competing artists. The line-up includes four former Austrian worldvision entrants, including Nadine Beiler (WV17 and Eurovision 2011), Erste Allgemeine Verunsicherung (WV27), Falco (WV113 and backing music for Austria at Eurovision Dance 2008) and Alf Poier (WV144 and Eurovision 2003). Completing the line up are Austrian pop-rock bands Opus and Mondscheiner. I have used a mixture of live/ mimed performances and music videos this time.

My scores so far haven't been great, my first two entries finished second last in their semis, while Valerie did slightly better last edition, finishing 20th place. All three finished last on REJU voting however. My target for this edition is to at least make the teens in the semi final, hopefully one of these songs can do that!

Use the points system
:12: :10: :8: :7: :6: :5:
to rank the 6 songs below

Send all votes by private conversation to me. I have cleared some space in my inbox in advance, let me know if my inbox fills up again, if you have an open conversation with me, you can reuse that if needed, as I have space for messages, just less for new conversations!

SONG 1: Rock Me Amadeus by Falco

SONG 2: Right On by Nadine Beiler

SONG 3: Live is Life by Opus

SONG 4: Alpenpunk by Erste Allgemeine Verunsicherung

SONG 5: Dieser Tag by Mondscheiner

SONG 6: Der Gartenzwerg by Alf Poier

Voting closes 5PM BST on 18th August 2021

Last edited:

EDC0708

Thanks everyone who has voted, and for those who have provided feedback, voting closes shortly!

EDC0708

Change of plan unfortunately, I submitted the winner of this NF yesterday, but have been informed I need to change it. As one of the voters had mentioned they had planned at some point to send a version of the song that ultimately finished runner-up as well, I have opted for the third placed song as my replacement entry. Thanks again to those who voted, and good luck to the other contestant. :)

Last edited:

EDC0708

Last edition you overwhelmingly selected Falco as the winner, but due to an unforeseen clash, Austria ended up being represented by Nadine Beiler as my back up entry. Nadine still scored 40 points across both regular and resu voting, but I haven't yet placed higher than 20th in a semi. Falco may represent Austria with a different song in a future edition, and I may send the regular version of Rock Me Amadeus to a spin off edition if it fits the theme, as a way of honouring your votes from last time.

Two artists return from last edition, Mondscheiner, with the same song, and Erste Allgemeine Verunsicherung, with a different track. Joining them are Georg Danzer and Kitty in a Casket, as well as former Eurovision entrant Natalia Kelly (2013). As with last time, I have used a mixture of live/ mimed performances and music videos this time, and quite an eclectic mix of genres!

The song with the most points will (hopefully!) represent Austria this time, while the song with the second highest score will be sent as my backup entry. If you are aware of any issues with any of the songs, please let me know :)

Use the points system
:12: :10: :8: :7: :6:
to rank the 5 songs below

Send all votes by private conversation to me. I have cleared some space in my inbox in advance, let me know if my inbox fills up again, if you have an open conversation with me, you can reuse that if needed, as I have space for messages, just less for new conversations!

SONG 1: Bride of the Monster by Kitty in the Casket
NOTE: If, like me, you aren't great with fake blood, you may wish to look away from 1:55 in the video :)

SONG 2: Ba-Ba-Banküberfall by Erste Allgemeine Verunsicherung

SONG 3: Face the Day by Natalia Kelly

SONG 4: Weiße Pferde by Georg Danzer

SONG 5: Dieser Tag by Mondscheiner

Voting closes Midnight BST on 9th October 2021

Last edited:

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Hope there are no clashes for you anymore! I will vote later

hijirio

Veteran
Isn’t Oida Taunz an ESC NF entry, thus not eligible for WV?

btw issa bop !!!!

EDC0708

Isn’t Oida Taunz an ESC NF entry, thus not eligible for WV?

btw issa bop !!!!

Wow, I've made a mistake already! Many thanks for letting me know, no one has voted yet, so I will cut the national final down to the other 5 tracks.

hijirio

Veteran
Wow, I've made a mistake already! Many thanks for letting me know, no one has voted yet, so I will cut the national final down to the other 5 tracks.
RIP…..
So unfortunate as I loooove Oida Taunz, it would have fared much better than Woki Mit Deim Popo.

EDC0708

Before I start the next national final, here is how the results looked for the last national final, thanks to everyone who voted:

Bride of the Monster 72
Dieser Tag 59
Ba-Ba-Bankuberfall 58
Face The Day 57
Weisse Pferde 55

So virtually nothing between 2nd and last place, but a clear winner for Bride of the Monster. The song finished 21st in the semi, just below my previous best result of 20th with Valerie Sajdik, but it was only 13 points off qualifying, so good choice!

Last edited:

EDC0708

Kitty in A Casket return with a new song after missing the final last time, also returning are Mondscheiner, with the same song that just missed out the last two times, and Erste Allgemeine Verunsicherung, with a different track. Joining them are power metal band Dragony, as well as former Eurovision entrants The Makemakes (2015) and Zoe (2016). As with last time, I have used a mixture of live/ mimed performances and music videos, and quite an eclectic mix of genres!

The song with the most points will represent Austria this time, while the song with the second highest score will be sent as my backup entry. If you are aware of any potential issues with any of the songs, please let me know :)

Use the points system
:12: :10: :8: :7: :6: :5:
to rank the 6 songs below

SONG 1: Million Euro Smile by The Makemakes
SONG 2: Ins Offene Messer by Kitty in the Casket

SONG 3: Legends Never Die by Dragony

SONG 4: Inspektor Tatü by Erste Allgemeine Verunsicherung

SONG 5: Tout Paris by Zoë

SONG 6: Dieser Tag by Mondscheiner

Voting closes 11am CET on 31st October 2021

Last edited:
Top Bottom