3 1.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
The good: ORF is here to have fun and serve the gays what they want. After years of being too serious now they are bopping 3 years in a row. The video doesnt set high expectations for the staging unlike last year. So there is a learning.

The bad: this the least original Austrian entry since 2017. It's quite basic and overproduced.

The ugly: if Sweden selected this I would say it's a soulless piece of plastic. The Dutch Eurodance bop is more charming and quirkier. For me personally the song is very distressing and anything but edifying.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
No Marvin in the video? How disappointing. He must be "raving" with jealousy now.

Kaleen filming a MV with all these hot guys and then going home to Marvin right after. ❤️

aef

Live footage of this music video throwing us all (gays, lesbians, straights and bi's) in the horny jailxheatxdance2

7LVq.gif
So true actually, my bi body felt this nostalgic oversexed music video so much it’s insane.

theditz83

Veteran
Kaleen in the music video is giving me Dorit Kemsley from RHOBH meets Valentina Monetta 10 years ago... Such a weird combination that I never knew I needed! xheat

I'm not sure why this song is not quite firing fully for me anymore. The production could have been tighter, the ending could have been less messy, it could have been less cut-and-paste with the drum samples and loops, especially towards the end.

But will I still lose my shizzle when she hits the Malmö stage? You bet you ass I will :lol:

akoz

Looks like Kallen is going for 2024 version of Chanel - a lot of hot sexy dancing and I'm actually happy with it because it could be the best option to stage this song. But instead of giving us some hints about choreography and make me believe more in success of this entry, they just go with typical 2010 EDM music video - video about nothing but video with a lot of half naked people. Well, I find Kallen a really beautiful woman so why would I complain about this mv :LOL:

Sherlock

I love the music video.

It's good, that she doesn't dance too much in there. On stage it will be amazing I guess.

shameless

Sorry but I am harsh on this one: It indeed feels like copy+paste overproduced and especially overcalculated stuff that gets suprisingly cut in the semi. If Halo didn't even make the cut...be prepared, Austrians.
Kaleen (did I already state that I hate when people with german-names try to sound english?) is a charisma-vacuum. Not optimistic about her singing live either.

Lindon

I have summed up the video for people in a hurry

njdevils94

Veteran
Sorry but I am harsh on this one: It indeed feels like copy+paste overproduced and especially overcalculated stuff that gets suprisingly cut in the semi. If Halo didn't even make the cut...be prepared, Austrians.
Kaleen (did I already state that I hate when people with german-names try to sound english?) is a charisma-vacuum. Not optimistic about her singing live either.
Halo was completely crap live. There is a little more hope for We Will Rave if Kaleen isn't completely charisma-less

marty

Kaleen is certainly not the best singer, but she is a perfectionist. She will use every minute to work on her performance. I am confident that we will see a great dance performance at the end. In my eyes it will need a bit more than that: a technically stunning show. I am not sure if ORF is willing to invest in props. My biggest concern is that it will not sound as good as in the studio version. Still I am confident that this years performance will be much better than in 2022 and 2023.

Datura

Kaleen is certainly not the best singer, but she is a perfectionist. She will use every minute to work on her performance. I am confident that we will see a great dance performance at the end. In my eyes it will need a bit more than that: a technically stunning show. I am not sure if ORF is willing to invest in props. My biggest concern is that it will not sound as good as in the studio version. Still I am confident that this years performance will be much better than in 2022 and 2023.
well i don't think that ORF will invest in props, but i guess Marvin Dietmann will. they paid for the video and lots of other stuff themselves so i'm sure they will do everything possible (and i guess they get some reduced prices with the connections they have ;) :D )

i'm sure this will be staged a lot better than halo (and edgar), my concern is: it seems so polished it doesn't really excite me. i'm not sure if people will be emotionally invested or just think it's somehow impressive but don't connect with it. (there's no deeper message like eg in edgar, it's just a plain dance banger with 1 hot girl and most likely 5 hot men - and that bothers me a bit tbh)

mauve

Veteran
The sure Q from Semi 2 are Norway, Belgium, The Netherlands, Estonia and Switzerland. shaky candidates are Latvia and Denmark. We don't know yet about Israel, Georgia, Armenia and Greece. I think Austria should sail thru if the staging is right. But in the Final I see her rather in the bottom, there are too many good uptempo songs with good stagings.

aef

well i don't think that ORF will invest in props, but i guess Marvin Dietmann will. they paid for the video and lots of other stuff themselves so i'm sure they will do everything possible (and i guess they get some reduced prices with the connections they have ;) :D )

i'm sure this will be staged a lot better than halo (and edgar), my concern is: it seems so polished it doesn't really excite me. i'm not sure if people will be emotionally invested or just think it's somehow impressive but don't connect with it. (there's no deeper message like eg in edgar, it's just a plain dance banger with 1 hot girl and most likely 5 hot men - and that bothers me a bit tbh)
I’m also confident about the staging outcome. And about the result, I mean what’s the big difference to unicorn for example, did that song have any deep message? So we could achieve a similar result.

In general I think that we are quite alone with our product this year which is a good thing of course. There are a bunch of uptempo fun song but no uptempo polished girl dance bop so far. Seems like an advantage.
The sure Q from Semi 2 are Norway, Belgium, The Netherlands, Estonia and Switzerland. shaky candidates are Latvia and Denmark. We don't know yet about Israel, Georgia, Armenia and Greece. I think Austria should sail thru if the staging is right. But in the Final I see her rather in the bottom, there are too many good uptempo songs with good stagings.
I’m not saying that a top 5 or top 10 result is locked in but in my opinion we are a safe Q. The staging won’t be a total mess, I believe. The song is good enough. And yes if it will click enough with juries and televoters it will have chances for top 5 imho.

han-g

Israel is a sure q should they participate. I'm not as certain about Estonia as you are, but I'd put them as likely. Don't rule out Albania, the diaspora here is impressive.

mauve

Veteran
The song is good enough. And yes if it will click enough with juries and televoters it will have chances for top 5 imho.
Do yo mean in the final? Top 5? I doubt that tbh. If the choreo is really impressive and she sings perfectly ...

Lindon

Very funny. Only a few examples what people think it's a rip off

1. Maggie Reilly Moonlight shadow

2. Vampire Blade song

3. Rhythm is a dancer

4. Smack My Bitch Up

5. Misscatylove - Intro

6. ICE MC think about the way

7. Romeo ja Julia

8. Damdiggida

9. Prodigy Firestarter

10. Rhythm of the night