Contact us

Austria AUSTRIA 2023 - Teya & Salena - Who the Hell is Edgar?

How do you rate this entry?

99 45.2%

25 11.4%

22 10.0%

12 5.5%

15 6.8%

12 5.5%

4 1.8%

5 2.3%

6 2.7%

6 2.7%

13 5.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Spain is so overrated tbh - I can't see this in the top 15

You can't see because you need an ear to hear 🤣

I'm afraid you are all too optimistic about their live performance only because they are obviously better than Pia who was a mess.

But are they really that good to perform up to decent vocal standard on that big stage?

IMHO no. Theya is very shaky in both low pitched and high pitched tones and has very very middle range vocal. Salena has naturally a higher pitched vocal so it sounds better, but it is also mid-range of unprofessional singers and is shaky as hell on high notes.

And with those vocal capabilities, they will have to move a lot or dance because that is what this song is all about.

That's exactly why this song is lacklustre in the verses - the verses are mid-talk rather than singing lines, and the bridge entirely pre-recorded, so that these 2 could have breath enough to sing the chorus when it comes next.

Overall, this entry is one of the best in this ESC, if not top 5 production and originality wise, but they have to bring it out on stage. Without struggle. And that probability is debatable.

Last edited:

midnightsun

Veteran
I didn’t like Halo straight from the beginning. I didn’t like Pia's voice from the beginning. I said AT wouldn’t qualify (before we even knew Pia's live voice).
WTHIE is so much better.
WTHIE is on another level.
It either fails as a whole package OR it will qualify no matter the voice, staging etc. This is an all-or-nothing song. IF people respond well to this they won’t care about the voices or what T & S do on stage (unless they are standing numbed to the spot). These girls have charisma (no judgement about Pia here - I just feel T & S are much livelier).
They can do whatever they want and it will grab the audience. WTHIE is such an event!
I wish them all the best! I hope it qualifies, they‘d deserve this!

Lindon

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
Fun fact to boost our enormous Austrian ego

2 jury and 1 televote win in the last decade

no one else did that

since 2009:

1st NOR, SWE, ITA, AUT 3x
2nd GER, DEN (?), POR 2x
3rd AZE, RUS, UKR, ISR, MKD, SUI, GBR 1x

Realest

Fun fact to boost our enormous Austrian ego

2 jury and 1 televote win in the last decade

no one else did that

since 2009:

1st NOR, SWE, ITA, AUT 3x
2nd GER, DEN (?), POR 2x
3rd AZE, RUS, UKR, ISR, MKD, SUI, GBR 1x

Mans and Loreen won the Juryvote
Loreen won the Televote (and Eric Saade as well without San Marinos Juryvote which was added to the Televote).

Ezio

Veteran
Oh hey. It’s you. Again.

Ezio

Veteran
Edgar is now officially a Lip Sync for your life song

:eek::love:

Ezio

Veteran

Ezio

Veteran
Sankt Pölten as a chosen city to host cracked me up.
Skyline.jpg

The skyline is just drop dead boring and they don't have enough rooms. Fans would have to sleep in Vienna which is 25 Minutes away by train.

At least they have an arena and they could run Eurovision on solar power obviously.

ST_Poelten_Luft.jpg

aef

Hahaha he is so cute and confused when listening to the song. And then at the end when he realizes the meaning of the lyrics… brilliant.

Iker

Veteran
Skyline.jpg

The skyline is just drop dead boring and they don't have enough rooms. Fans would have to sleep in Vienna which is 25 Minutes away by train.

At least they have an arena and they could run Eurovision on solar power obviously.

ST_Poelten_Luft.jpg

I know it's pretty! I've even been there once.

But it's a little town so this would be (and I guess this idea was meant as a joke) if even remotely possible.

midnightsun

Veteran
lol, even if I have given this :12: points in the poll initially it still grows on me even more. Each of the past days I‘ve been thinking "wow, this is actually so good, you should give it more points" only to find out I‘ve already awarded them the 12, haha.
I think it will go up in my top ten even more, now residing at #8 or so. I think I have to re-arrange my top list.

aef

I know it's pretty! I've even been there once.

But it's a little town so this would be (and I guess this idea was meant as a joke) if even remotely possible.
The five buildings on this photo are basically the only five beautiful ones, the rest of the city is just industrial/ commercial zone more ore less…

Ezio

Veteran

Lindon

I don't know if it's luck or bad luck that the new stadium in Linz isn't completely covered with a roof when I think of its name.
raiffeisen-arena-1-800x369.jpg

Top Bottom