'Cause heaven can't wait for us to finish the fight

And I'm stronger than angels
I'm fearless in danger
And I will bring dark to the light
Let me be your halo
'Cause we've been through hell and back in only one night​

Iker

Veteran
Wiwi's reaction to Halo shows just how out of touch they are with modern pop trends - comparing it to 90s Eurodance and Corona is like "WTF???" It's surely much closer to the likes of Dua Lipa's "Physical" and all the other pop/dance/retrowave tracks that we've had recently...

Also, this is stuck in my head every single morning in the shower - it's a proper feel-good wake up song xlove
Yeah, this track is not even Eurodance musically speaking.

Lindon

Outfit, boots and jewelry will be all by Italian designers. Good Decision.

Ezio

Veteran
Wiwi's reaction to Halo shows just how out of touch they are with modern pop trends - comparing it to 90s Eurodance and Corona is like "WTF???" It's surely much closer to the likes of Dua Lipa's "Physical" and all the other pop/dance/retrowave tracks that we've had recently...

Also, this is stuck in my head every single morning in the shower - it's a proper feel-good wake up song xlove
Are they/them william's pronouns?

Ezio

Veteran
Yeah that was rubbish. It gives me David Guetta feat SIA or Dua Lipa vibes. Fresh and contemporary.

midnightsun

Veteran
Well, it’s not Eurodance, but days ago I already called this cheap 90s techno. Sorry. Not everyone has to like it. :D Let people their opinions, for God‘s sake.

Lindon

A sound engineer explained to me that it is wether an 80's beat nor 90's. It's a Kick 'n Bass. Very contemporary.

Last edited:

hungo

Well, it’s not Eurodance, but days ago I already called this cheap 90s techno. Sorry. Not everyone has to like it. :D Let people their opinions, for God‘s sake.
nobody reacted to your post from days ago. everyone let your opinion. just relax.

Phoenix

Not this being compared to 90s Eurodance, the best and most random/fun era in music, I wish. Imho this draws inspiration more from the 80s, artists should really stop milking that era, it's been done to death in the last 15 years or so. That said, I guess this is the bop that we need, not that there are many anyway. At least it's fun. Are they any good live?

theditz83

Veteran
Not this being compared to 90s Eurodance, the best and most random/fun era in music, I wish. Imho this draws inspiration more from the 80s, artists should really stop milking that era, it's been done to death in the last 15 years or so. That said, I guess this is the bop that we need, not that there are many anyway. At least it's fun. Are they any good live?
I think we're yet to see a full "live vocal" performance of the studio version - I believe there's just been clips of Pia singing acapella much more slowly, so we need to see if she can keep up with the pace when it's performed at normally speed ;)

Lindon

I'm totally impressed by this guy. When you play it with a piano it sounds like a Chopin sonata:

Sammy

Veteran
I'm totally impressed by this guy. When you play it with a piano it sounds like a Chopin sonata:
Ok - I‘m a BIG fan of LUM!X and Pia Maria, of Halo and the guy in the video plays very well.
BUT!
This is NOTHING comparable to Chopin!
It has not even the slightest flavor of it!
Not at all!
Not even close!
Not in a million years!
In no universe or parallel universe!

Don‘t mess with Frederic! xpunish
;):lol:

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
Entering at #20 on the official Top 40 without a full week of sales.

Lindon

According to "My Eurovision Scoreboard" app Austria is number 2 in the ranking of semi 1 only beaten by the Netherlands. We are in a very thight race with Albania and Greece. In order to be able to vote in that ranking you need to make a payment to the app owner.

Edit
This result was achieved after 1610 people voted.

Last edited:

Datura

The Song "Das Meer" by ANGER that was the runner-up in the internal preselection was just released, you can listen here on Spotify - music video will be released later today

marty

The Song "Das Meer" by ANGER that was the runner-up in the internal preselection was just released, you can listen here on Spotify - music video will be released later today
I like it but it was a good decision to choose LUM!X. I miss the female singers voice, his voice is dominating too much in my eyes. But it has a nice build up and I like the italian lines.
Cool that there have been three songs with great potential in the austrian selection.

aef

It’s a nice song but I guess I’m also fine with it being not chosen. It’s quite weird that he’s singing 90 % of the time, a lost opportunity of bringing the whole duo power into the song. I like the mix of English German and Italian. Yes and it also has got a nice build up. All in all the song is somehow quite MÖWE, if you want to compare it to other :at: artists…

I wonder how it would have done at Eurovision. Probably not so well… a BQ. The language mix would have added a new flavour to the contest though!

midnightsun

Veteran
nobody reacted to your post from days ago. everyone let your opinion. just relax.
I didn’t even notice it until now and only because you mentioned it (and I don’t care because if nobody has the same opinion that‘s totally fine). I was talking about the criticism of William from wiwi, that’s why I wrote that I called the song cheap techno long before him, he is not the only one thinking this song isn’t particularly good. But some people are going crazy because they don’t want to understand that. Especially William is criticized a lot here and if he doesn’t like a fan fave it’s even worse. Austria fans are unusually pissed this year if someone doesn’t like the song.

Top Bottom