Contact us

Australia AUSTRALIA 2024 - Electric Fields - One Milkali (One Blood)

How do you rate this entry?

5 3.9%

4 3.1%

10 7.9%

14 11.0%

10 7.9%

20 15.7%

19 15.0%

17 13.4%

12 9.4%

4 3.1%

12 9.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Jupiter

The entry isn't weak per se IMO, but it's not really anything special or great either (if the leak is completely correct). If Marina Satti releases a banger tomorrow, I'll start to think SF2 might actually be stronger then SF1, because the second half of SF1 is basically Raiven and Windows95Man IMO (like "No rules" or not, in a televote only semi it qualifies for sure).

empo21

Veteran
This is kinda too repetitive. I think I'm going to give it a :5: maybe :4: after seeing the very very bad music video

heke1988

5-6 points for me. Good, that they got their change to represent Australia at Eurovision. Unfortanately this song isn't for me.

MopManMoss

Veteran
Spotify played 2000 and whatever immediately after and it showed just how medicore this entry is unfortunately

Also is Australia Decides just jury service at this point? Is everyone that's been in it at somepoint just going to be internally selected at some point?

:4:

rasmuslights

Veteran
The entry isn't weak per se IMO, but it's not really anything special or great either (if the leak is completely correct). If Marina Satti releases a banger tomorrow, I'll start to think SF2 might actually be stronger then SF1, because the second half of SF1 is basically Raiven and Windows95Man IMO (like "No rules" or not, in a televote only semi it qualifies for sure).

Yeah, semi 2 (at least song-wise) is a lot better.

I mean semi 1 first half is very strong, but the 2nd half apart from Slovenia and probably Portugal... is a bit awful, isn't it.

Sabrewulf238

It's enjoyable. I like it though I don't think it'll be among my favourites. I'll give it :6: points.

I feel like that could be it's undoing in the semi, it feels like something that the average person might like but not place among their favourites.

Mainshow

Veteran
I like the didgeridoo sound.
Apart from that, it's pretty weak, generic and slightly dated (sounds like a soundtrack to a series straight from the 00's to me).
The 2nd verse is utterly horrendous. Is that the guy's voice?!

:2: from me and my second to least favourite entry from Australia.

rasmuslights

Veteran
And to no surprise, it was South Australia that sponsored the participation, no wonder the video is one of the cheapest videos to have been published on the esc channel...
as I said, they're only participating for the sake of participating (like San Marino and Moldova - whoever has the money or the sponsor goes)

Jupiter

Yeah, semi 2 (at least song-wise) is a lot better.

I mean semi 1 first half is very strong, but the 2nd half apart from Slovenia and probably Portugal... is a bit awful, isn't it.
Yes, SF1 is super uneven. The first half is better then either SF2 half arguably, it has some of the heaviest hitters (Croatia, Ukraine, Lithuania). But then the second half is rather weak. SF2 by comparison is more even. At this point, I also think SF2 is more difficult to predict. Which truly makes it the semi I'm more excited for.

As for the Australian entry - it's pleasant and I like some aspects of it, but it's a bit too toothless & repetitive. A :4: for now.

theditz83

Veteran
I like this. But working for an Australia and New Zealand touring operator, I spend my days training about First Nations culture and experiences, and this does feel very watered down. Which I get in the interests of accessibility, but I wish it went more "all out" on the indigenous culture angle.

Anyway, I won't skip this and it's very pleasant to listen to... Time will tell if it stands the test of time for me or fades into the background...

:7: for now

MopManMoss

Veteran
Spotify played 2000 and whatever immediately after and it showed just how medicore this entry is unfortunately

Also is Australia Decides just jury service at this point? Is everyone that's been in it at somepoint just going to be internally selected at some point?

:4:
It's actually absurd looking at it there have been 3 editions of Australia Decides but 7 of its entrants have been eurovision artists yes andy lamby was for cyprus shut up

BorisBubbles

Veteran
The way this is a lot better when you don't look at the vid lmao. Why is the vid just lyrics over them making stupid doe-eyed faces, idk. Are they trying to sell soap alongside their song?

The song's good-not-great. I like the layering, the instrumentation, the lyrics. Zaachariaha Fielding is a great vocalist who will outsell it in Sweden. My personal gripe is that it's not very catchy for an electropop song. I've heard it three times now and I still can't remember the hook. One Milkali probably qualifies because it's in the second half, but had it been on earlier I would not been so sure, if I'm honest.

Still, I like it and Citelis and ESCGeek both hate it, so that makes it clear I'm on the right track opinionswise. :7: points in the poll.

Top Bottom