2 1.3%

8 5.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

HBKaus

I like the song. Easy to listen to and if Voyager can keep the energy at the live performance, this has the potential for top 10.

Mainshow

Veteran
Where did you see those complaints?! May I guess, was it on twitter? There's a lot of woke virtue signalling there.

That´s why we can´t have nice things.
:au: have been in all in terms of diversity - people complaining about Voyager beeing "white" and "male" should stop following Eurovision - just look at the demographics of Australia - most people are indeed white and like @MopManMoss already mentioned, it´s the first time that :au: is sending a male-led act who´s white... In 9 years.... if you really want to talk about "representation", one could have even said that SBS/:au: did it the "other way round".... which is neither a good nor a bad thing - just pointing it out - the act/the song is what matters... but being outraged that a predominately white country submits a band whose members happen to be white (representing the majority of that country´s population) after that said country had been sending female acts, openly gay artists or acts of Asian or Aboriginal ancestry/descent/ethnicity is absolutely stupid and make them look like hypocritical fools.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
Let´s have a look at :au: past participant:

2015Guy Sebastian :my: Malaysian Indian of Tamil origin and Ceylonese descent
2016Dami Im:kr:
2017Isaiah FirebraceAboriginal Australian (father: Yorta Yorta / mother: Gunditjmara
2018Jessica Mauboyfather: :id: mother: Aboriginal Australian (Kuku Yalanji)
2019Kate Miller-HeidkeCaucasian / white
2020-2021Montaigne:ar: with other ethnicities such as :es: :ph: :fr:
2022 Sheldon Rileyfather: :ph:
2023VoyagerCaucasian/ white - lead singer is from :de:

Honestly, I can´t think of another Eurovision country which submitted such a different/diverse bunch of talented singers to Eurovision in recent years.

ollibox

Idk, I don't understand that ethnicity "black" or "white" thing at all. I'm not from that diverse country, maybe that's the case. If the song and the performance is good, it's GOOD, no matter the skin colour and origin of the singer(s). Who regards these things as relevant, I don't get it? :rolleyes:
Although, we have a specific political party here (Estonians know to who I refer) who frequently likes to label people.
For example, after Eesti Laul they wrote in their party newspaper something like: "Oh, look, little black girl got into the final!" and "the boy-lookalike girl was also in the competition". And of course, what they say about Ukrainian refugees... I'm not gonna quote. Not the right thread for that.
Anyway. F*cking horrible people! :mad:

BernadetteCydonia

wait what's that thing about Danny being German? does this mean that his specific branch of lawyer job makes sense in that regard?

crashworld

Veteran
Congrats on Voyager getting their ESC ticket since they won the televote last year. However, their entry is just a poorer version than their last year's entry. Think it's an alright entry, decent, but not my kind of music and won't be actively reaching out to listen it again. Giving it a :4:.

grazy2266

Australia certainly have provided a variety in songs since they joined the contest. Not a bad entry 5.

Mainshow

Veteran
OMG. I just listened through my DAC and headphones and OMFG this is amazing. Better than Dreamer. I don't care if they lose. I'm so proud of them. Amazing. Lots of love to all of Europe. I wish I was there. I'm in Sydney for World Pride.

They won´t "lose" - Personally, I think it´s weaker than "Dreamer" (which would have been part of my personal Top 10 last year) but it´s still a good entry and since :au: "competes" in semi 2, I think that it´s slowly becoming a surefire qualifier, imo.

Franzilein

I really want to love this one, it's catchy as hell and they have a really interesting experimental sound going for them. But I find the singer's voice a bit off-putting and I can't even say why :( Nevertheless, 10 points from me! Maybe I will get used to his "voice / vocal colour" (does that term work in English? "Stimmfarbe" in German...), so I can give another happy 12 points. In any case, I think this is my favourite Australian entry to date.

pjelacki

hesitating to call this proper rock music, many parts of this song are so bland it defeats the entire purpose

:6: based on the studio version

I am confident that these guys' live can elevate the song a lot though

also if this was sent by Bulgaria instead it'd be bottom 3 in all YouTube rankings lol

BernadetteCydonia

Now that San Marino and Poland - the two partners in crime that they are - chose a not so pleasing winner imo, Australia is becoming clearer and clearer at taking my #1 spot this year. Good to know some things never change and that I would have not given my top #1 slot to anyone else

(actually if my winners won in Poland and San Marino I still would've had Australia as my first, but the other songs would've fit in my top 5 so well)

Top Bottom