So far away

I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no

Years go by, I tried and tried
My father asked if today I smiled
I said, "Yes I did", but that's a lie
Oh, I always tell those lies

And you run and hide, hide the break inside
Do you realise that the light shines bright?
Through those, oh, who broke inside

I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no

'Cause you never want to be a kind of person
You can work it for those ones who cannot word it
Because you've been the kind of person who felt this pain
Yeah, I felt this pain

So you're gonna leave the pain and find another way to make yourself another game
Maybe one for all to play
'Cause it's not just me who's not the same
We are not the same

I'm not the same, no
We are not the same, no
We are not the same, no
We are not the same, no​

Last edited by a moderator:

tuorem

Based of her follow-ups to Rabbit Hole I hope Jaguar Jonze returns. I'm sure @anaraqueen agrees with me.
Aw :( She was robbed. Her visual performance was Eurovision ready, the song was different, and the vocals were on point.

I cannot believe Rykka's long lost sister won the NF instead.

Whoever applies next year (or gets internally selected?), I want to see no traces of DNA whatsoever. More experimentation will be welcome as far as I am concerned.

Preuss

lol that comment about Dami hahaha...

yeah but it is returning, right, Australia Decides that is? I would love to see the Veronicas and Delta Goodrem tbh!

It's nothing against her as she's one of my favorite acts of all time... but that's parts of why I don't want her to return -- and I want to see others give it a go for Australia than Dami again, eww...

Who knows, I mean, probably? I doubt Delta Goodrem will do it and I suppose every Australian on this forum would confirm so. The Veronicas would be great and have shown interest in doing Eurovision so who knows

Preuss

Jaguar was great and I'm glad for her she didn't have to experience this mess that happened with Montaigne xthink

Lance Esgard

yeah but it is returning, right, Australia Decides that is?
Yes it would return and it looks like it is very much here to stay.

TVTonight recently had an article indicating that part of the reason Australia Decides is being done is not just to pick the Australian entrant but as part of an ongoing pitch to persuade the EBU about the ability of Australia to host in the event of a win, either internationally but with it being less of a co-production with another broadcaster or potentially in Australia early in our local time so it still airs in Europe in primetime.

0scar

I can't see Eurovision being hosted in Australia though, no matter how good of a job they would do.
Probably an amount of broadcasters will withdraw due to increased costs (and effort) to fly all the way to Australia, and I bet lots of eyebrows will be frowned in Europe - most of the Dutch think it's really weird Australia is participating in the first place.

An Australian production in an European city seems most likely to me in case Australia wins.

A-lister

Veteran
I can't see Eurovision being hosted in Australia though, no matter how good of a job they would do.
Probably an amount of broadcasters will withdraw due to increased costs (and effort) to fly all the way to Australia, and I bet lots of eyebrows will be frowned in Europe - most of the Dutch think it's really weird Australia is participating in the first place.

An Australian production in an European city seems most likely to me in case Australia wins.

I think it's already pretty much settled by the EBU that if Australia wins, then a European city will host it (but I assume it should be an Australian production and sold to the viewer as it's Australia hosting?).

So there is no risk of having the contest physically in Australia, it will never happen due to obvious reasons.

Lance Esgard

I think it's already pretty much settled by the EBU that if Australia wins, then a European city will host it (but I assume it should be an Australian production and sold to the viewer as it's Australia hosting?).

So there is no risk of having the contest physically in Australia, it will never happen due to obvious reasons.
That does seem to be the case but apparently Jon Ola Sand at least was open to the idea but he's out and I don't think delegations would ever find the increased travel times acceptable. Still, the Australian delegation is what it is *shrug*.

seagull

The experience would presumably be useful if a Asia-Pacific Contest really takes off over the course of this next decade or two given they are nearby enough to host themselves as well?

Zeus

Would like to see something less slick for once. Just send Chet Faker for example. Cool guy.

JOHN BUTLER 😍:

Kaz

Y’all I met Jack Vidgen at a club in Sydney last weekend and let’s just say I have a hunch this isn’t the last we’ve seen of him xcrazy

but fr it was so funny, i was behind him in the line at the bar but he thought i was lining up to speak to him so he turned around and said hello, so i just went with it and ended up getting a photo with the bloke ahahaha he’s so awkward in person xheart

For me, if Australia wins, it shouldn't bear the production costs alone. The country that will host the ESC together with Australia still enjoys economic benefits (tourism) and visibility (even if it is not part of the "Evil Five" xdiablo). If Australia wins, a co-production will have to be done or the one you always feared, A-lister, that "the ESC walls will collapse" and that the competition will lose its European identity will win xshrug Or maybe I'm wrong. Is it possible that if the money comes out of the pockets of others they are all our relatives? xthink My grandmother was right "Money can send water up" :lol:

Ianp16

I have a feeling that Australia might do a UK after 2021 result and start to go downhill. We have a similar culture so now that someone has failed the effort to win decreases and negativity slips in.

Preuss

Australia did very well after their first poor result, so Montaigne's flop should be seen as an encouragement to do better next year. I'm not thinking nor expecting that it will be a lazy attempt... that would be quite sad because Australia have so many capable artists. Not Jack Pigeon, though the chorus of his song was kinda memorable... but weird

hijirio

Veteran
The 2020 NF was quite poor tho..... I didn't see any safe qualifier from that bunch.
I hope they shake things up for 2022 and bring a NF as strong as the one they had in 2019.

Preuss

I agree, the 2019 NF as the best of the entire season imo, but I'm not sure how Electric Fields would've done tbh as their live vocals were very inconsistent

So glad Kate won and we got that magic moment on the Eurovision stage xlove

Mainshow

Veteran
Australia has gone downhill since they introduced their national finals.
Eurovision fans in Australia seems to be quite tasteless... I can still remember how they gave like 12 pts to Belgium's "What's The Pressure" and thus, I somehow agree with @Ianp16 's hypothesis....

Top Bottom