ANDORRA 2013 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
ANDR0001.GIF

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Re: ANDORRA 2013

According to ESCXtra, a team from the EBU has visited RTVA, the national broadcaster of Andorra in the aim to get them to return to the contest.

Looks like they haven't pulled out of the EBU yet, and are negotiating to return.

Source

Yoni

On 8 November 2011, it was announced by the Andorran broadcaster; RTVA, that they would leave the EBU, due to financial reasons and a cut of subsidies from the Andorran government. Therefore, Andorra will not be participating in the Eurovision Song Contest until RTVA rejoin the EBU, which is unlikely to happen in the near future.

so EBU is going to bribe them to participate? :lol:

CPV4931

Would be nice to see them back one day. They always had nice songs and artists and Andorra belongs to my favorite ESC-countries.

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Well, this is a quote from the article I posted above;

ESCXtra said:
It was the first time that a senior delegation from the EBU has been to Andorra, and they travelled with the aim of getting the principality back to the Eurovision Song Contest. Andorra pulled out after the 2009 contest, and last November was even on the verge of pulling out of the union all together due to financial problems.

Looks like the EBU convinced them to stay as a member, and maybe they'll work with them to bring them back to the contest? It's interesting... :p

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator

This thread is pointless, Andorra aren't coming back.

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Sorry guys, seemed there was a chance that they'd return since they were meeting with the EBU, and that's what these threads are for, right?

FilipFromSweden

Oh Andorra i miss you so much, your my casanova ;(

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
I don't think that they'll come back soon :(

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Andorran public broadcaster RTVA will not be quitting the European Broadcasting Union after all, but an Andorran Eurovision comeback is not likely to happen in the near future. The head of government of the Principality, Antoni Martí, explained the situation of the Andorran broadcaster to the General Director of the EBU, Ingrid Deltenre, during a recent meeting held at the RTVA headquarters in Andorra la Vella.

FULL ARTICLE

SRBIJA

Banned
Well TBH Andorra's entries have never been bad. I just looked at their past entries and realised I liked almost all of them. Nice songs really, and they never got even close to qualifying :( ( Except in 2007 ) The fact they were finish near bottom regardless of what they send put them down. :( I wish they come back someday. :(

musicfan

I think the songs have been better overrall than San Marino. The first two songs they entered were perhaps the best, the first one my favourite of them all. I know her performance wasn't that great but gorgeous song. But of course Eurovision isn't truly a SONG contest and that's why they didn't do that well, as well as not having neighbours to vote for them.

Top Bottom