4 3.5%

7 6.2%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

empo21

Veteran
I don't get why Albania keeps ruining their entries with English versions.

Titan is their first full English revamp since 2020, and if you don't count that, it's 2017. Sekret had English added to it, but that already happened during FiK.

Wynnter

I enjoy the chorus and its melodies, and the song has a good overall progression, even if the faster section at the end comes out of nowhere. All together it doesn't do much and I'm left without any impressions. The first minute is quite good, but then after that nothing exciting happens.

:5: points

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
it's kind of catchy but I fail to see who would vote for this apart from the diaspora.

Like it's not ethnic, it's not dancy, it's not qualify, it doesn't have the most amazing vocals, it's not modern... it's just bland.
yeah im not voting in semi 2 but if I could I wouldn't vote for it

at least it became more memorable to me because I only heard the original once and cant remember a thing of it other than it has a random rap

Loindici

Veteran
I don't feel strong emotions about this song, it's there to be played on the playlist without being in my favorites. I really like the outro, and the choral melody sticks to my head.

Maybe a :4: is enough for now.

SpiritofKeiino

For me this is the weakest Albanian entry in a while. It just does nothing for me and the English version is worse.
I loved Duje last year and also enjoyed 2021 and 2022 entries.

Loindici

Veteran
It depends. If "Zemren n'dore" were written as an English song before it was translated to Albanian, it might sound better, perhaps?
if it had been written to be performed in English it would have sounded worse in Albanian, and may not have won FiK.

Such is the risk of Native Language Only formats (see also (and no, i'm NOT letting it go): Iceland).

Finally, the Albanian representative explained why her song “Titan” has revamped from being performed in Albanian to English. Besa states: "I chose English because the song does not have an ethnic folkloric style. The song was originally written in English, then adapted to Albanian. In English, the song will reach more people."

What a turn of events, Boris.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Imagine that. The Revamp into Albanian for FiK improved the original and she still went with the suboptimal English version.

Wisdom, as it seems, does not always come with age.

aef

Once again they destroyed a song with revamp and English lyrics. From :4: to :1: point.

ESC94

Today it was time for :al: at the ESC kompakt songchecks 2024.

The verdict of the bloggers:

Benny - Too bad that "TITAN" isn´t in Albanian anymore. Otherwise though I find the song absolutely interesting and like how versatile Besas voice is in the song, for example in the rap part. It took a while, but meanwhile I really like Albania. :6:

Berenike - I will always mourn the beautiful melody of “A ke ti”; It's a shame they didn't leave the song in Albanian. The new version has a nice arc of suspense, and Besa also conveys the confident content of the text well with her voice. Nevertheless, I regret that the song could now be from anywhere, seems very smooth and no longer has the country-typical elements of the original version. :5:

Douze Points - A very modern midtempo song that I like quite a lot with the exception of the rapped second verse. But I think it's a shame that the so versatile Besa doesn't appear even more powerful and eye-catching here. So it's rather half-baked for me. :7:

Flo - "TITAN" is neither really a balald nor uptempo, and that makes it difficult to classify the song. Due to the revamp the production became even more modern and the transition into the rap part a bit smoother. At the same time I have the feeling to get multiple songs in one, especially the discopop-reversal at the very end feels out of place somehow. :4:

Manu - It didn´t really surprise anyone that Albania would revise its chosen entry. The result is the English language pop song called "TITAN" wich folkloric influences that hardly reminds of the original. The previously angular rap part was also deleted without mercy. Especially in the second verse/chorus, the song feels uninspired and poorly produced for me, and it only picks up speed in the last 30 seconds. Too late for me: Only :3: weak ones in the revamp

Max - Different than the fandom I find the revamp not that bad, I don´t miss the missing rap part either. But the song doesn´t really get me, the special something is missing for me. Not a bad entry for me though. Albania should slowly dare a bit more again though... :5:

Peter - "TiTAN” is a good proof of how much a revamp can make a difference. The song has two UPs: Firstly, Besa has a strong voice and at the same time a strong charisma. And secondly, a lot happens here in the last third, both in terms of the anthemic bridge and the danceable outro. Also very cool, but not so relevant for Malmö: The official music video has an elegant and haunting style. All of this together saves a (slightly better than) mediocre song and makes me give it :7:.

Rick - I like the much more modern production more than the original version and the rap part still sounds good. But I belong to the many fans who can´t fully understand why Besa absolutely wants to perform the song in English, several parts were stronger in Albanian. The more I like it that Besa isn´t "suffering" in an overdramatized way, because this is something you´ve heard from Albania often enough already. The last (Disco influenced) part of the song is very cool. :6:

Mainshow

Veteran
The arrangement + the final chorus and her pronunciation at parts make me laugh so much when I listened to the song on CD.
This is the worst Albanian revamp for years. I even prefer "Fairytale" to it, tbh Oo

Iker

Veteran
The arrangement + the final chorus and her pronunciation at parts make me laugh so much when I listened to the song on CD.
This is the worst Albanian revamp for years. I even prefer "Fairytale" to it, tbh Oo

Oh dear ... calling that Fairytale revamp a superior one is the ultimate diss in my book lol.

Last edited:

jatojo

The first part of the chorus reminds me of ... some song I can't exactly point out.

crashworld

Veteran
I don't know why but this song grew massively on me to the point I can't even remember the original Albanian version.
The revamp version does still have its merits in certain parts. Upgrading this to a :7:.

Top Bottom