3 2.7%

4 3.5%

7 6.2%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

MAD20

I did not like this song originally, and neither I like this revamp. The English chorus sounds like it doesn't match the music, as opposed to its original lyrics...

ag89

I am sorry, but this revamp is a proper disaster: I see no difference between Titan and That's why I love you o-o.
The only thing that kept the song together was Albanian language - and they decided to get rid off it.

I see Albania in the final only if Albanian diaspora gets super ready to vote and if Besa sings this like never before. At the moment I see no scenario where this qualifies.

ag89

All the other active/competing ex-Yugoslavian countries are in favor of :xk: debuting and the juries in :rs: prevented the patriotic song aiming at Albanians from winning... they'll eventually come around.
It's irrelevant what other ex-Yu countries think at this moment: Kosovo is not an UN member state nor EBU is willing to sacrifice Serbia (that creates the buzz around ESC recently) to get smaller Kosovo in.

I would like to see Kosovo at ESC, but that will not happen anytime soon.

ESC94

Have to downgrade it from :4: to :3:, the Albanian version wasn´t great either but it sounded at least kinda unique, in English its totally sterile and bland. :confused:

hpp0

At the beginning, I thought it was a fairly promising revamp, like if it was a standalone song, it would be pretty good. But the more it kept going, the less I liked it. It feels as if it lacks character compared to the original. It will be a :4: from me.

Seregil Korit

Yeah, the production is atrocious and the English lyrics are clunky and incredibly basic.

With the previous version, it was at least a borderline qualification, now it's giving last place in the semi.. so disappointed with this.

han-g

Yeah, the production is atrocious and the English lyrics are clunky and incredibly basic.

With the previous version, it was at least a borderline qualification, now it's giving last place in the semi.. so disappointed with this.
Last place in the semi with high points from Austria Switzerland Italy and the ROTW (Albanian diaspora) I don't think so.

Iker

Veteran
Wow, what an awful revamp it is, I think the worst Albanian revamp so far and they already had a bunch of bad ones. They managed to turn the OK-ish song that was actually pleasant to listen to just slightly too stale for me into something very bad. The chorus got killed and that was my favourite thing about it and what I was looking forward when listening to it. And it's just one thing as I could also go into details about the new, really bad production here. I'm not losing one of my favourite songs of the year, but I feel for some actual fans of the original entry that are here. :(

At least Albania didn't dare to officially turn into English frankensteins and send those instead of Albanian versions: Mall, Zjarr e Ftohte, Zemren e lame peng & Suus which I all Iove so much. 😍 The only good English revamp was one for Elhaida Dani and IIRC the Anxhela Shahini song was in Albanian at first, but those were tastefully made.

Last edited:

Iker

Veteran
I know, right? It sounds like it was done on an old Casio Keyboard and finalised in FL Studio 2001!

Maybe it literally was. Albania is developing pretty fast but it's one of the poorest European countries.

Seregil Korit

Last place in the semi with high points from Austria Switzerland Italy and the ROTW (Albanian diaspora) I don't think so.
Diaspora is real, yes, but last year, they were two places away from not making it to the final, and finished bottom 5 overall.
I wouldn't consider that an impressive result, and that with a much better song.

han-g

Diaspora is real, yes, but last year, they were two places away from not making it to the final, and finished bottom 5 overall.
I wouldn't consider that an impressive result, and that with a much better song.
I'm not predicting they're going to win. But last place in the semi is an impossibility. Whether the diaspora will help them cross the line towards qualifying is not something im sure of, it wouldn't have been enough in semi 2 last year.

Last edited:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
This is a lot worse but unfortunately for the part of me that wishes my music taste were a bit more scrutable I can't stop laughing at how much it sounds and looks like glorious megadisaster Love Made Me Do It by Cheryl to me so will be awarding this :5: ironic points

Fluke

I don't get why Albania keeps ruining their entries with English versions. They always sound worse than the original Albanian version, and the lyrics are pretty embarrasing too. Don't they realize they're doing worse whenever they sing in English?

Top Bottom