4 3.5%

7 6.2%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

MopManMoss

Veteran
Austria was 11th I the televore in 2021 so their diapora doesn't guarantee qualification
Yes but we now live in a world where there is a rest of a world set of points available in which people from Kosovo are going to vote for Albania

Mainshow

Veteran
Yes but we now live in a world where there is a rest of a world set of points available in which people from Kosovo are going to vote for Albania
Solution: EBU should allow :xk: to compete and they may get drawn to another semi than :al: and therefore, the rest od the world set of points will include other countries ♡

han-g

All the other active/competing ex-Yugoslavian countries are in favor of :xk: debuting and the juries in :rs: prevented the patriotic song aiming at Albanians from winning... they'll eventually come around.
I'm not sure they prevented it for any reason other than avoiding the inconvenience of a dq in a year where the ebu had already dqd one song.

LivingOrganism

I've just noticed that Eurovisionworld has deleted the previous version of Besa's song from their website. Does it mean that Titans will be a completely new song, or just a revamp?

toinou03

Se's a good singer, very charismatic, but I'm afraid that just translated the song becomes very generic...

MooseShoes

Has there been a single Albanian revamp that has resulted in a better song?
Wow! That's p!ss-poor!

Many things are confusing me, but three stand out...

1. "I'm a Titan in this guy's..." This guy's what?
2. What's with the simile, "like a Titan, I'll be brave?"
3. Why in some parts of the video does it look like Besa has been shrunk and she's lying in a dog bowl while dog biscuits are poured on and around her?

ZoboCamel

Sigh. And so we have another case of Përrallë becoming Fairytale...

Has there been a single Albanian revamp that has resulted in a better song?

More than a decade ago, perhaps.

This is... kind of sad, though. Once again, we have Albania trying to give its entry a broader appeal by sanding away every edge that made it unique, without adding anything new to replace it. The ethnic touches, the orchestra, the power... it's just gone. And for what? Certainly not more modern production, since it still sounds as dated as before, just in a less interesting way. And wow, that is one incredibly low-energy rap verse now. Ugh. The only positive they haven't neutered is the melody in the chorus. Who at RTSH keeps insisting that "make your song as bland as possible" is the ideal strategy for a revamp?

Zemren n'dore had fallen out of my top 10, yes, but I still enjoyed it. This is just turning a :7: into... barely a :4:, if that. No, scratch that; a :3:. And for what? I don't think this revamp is suddenly going to turn this into a huge favourite for other people...

Albania, please either get better at revamping your songs, or stop revamping them at all. You do this almost every year.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Yeah this is not it. The rap break is jarring, and the mandolin in the verses don't suit it.

downgrading to a :4:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
1591341951480-Pooja-What-is-this-behaviour.png

What is this behaviour, Albania?

Like.. I don't think its a total tragic mess by any means, but they've really butchered what was really quite a nice entry to begin with. They should have kept it in Albanian. Sorry but these lyrics in English expose how banal they actually are. Really though, everything on this is just a downgrade and somehow worse. It's such a shame, because Albania have had some great entries recently and the FiK version I really liked. I'm not sure what score i'll make it, but probably yet another 5 or 6.

Top Bottom