8 4.3%

17 9.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
ALBANIA.png

eneda-tarifa_lead.jpg

:al: Eneda Tarifa - Fairytale :al:

Eneda Tarifa was born in Tirana, Albania on 30 March 1982. She began her career in 2002, participating in Festivali i Këngës 42 with the song "Qëndroj", and managed to qualify to the final. In 2006, Tarifa took part in Kënga Magjike with the song "Rreth zjarrit tënd", and went on the place fourth in the competition with 154 points. She was also awarded the Çesk Zadeja Prize. The following year, Tarifa took part in Festivali i Këngës 46 with the song "E para letër". In the final, she was awarded 11 points and placed tenth out of seventeen. In 2008, she participated in Kënga Magjike again with the song "Zëri im" and earned 577 points. In 2010, Tarifa competed in Top Fest 2010 with the song "Me veten". She went on to win the competition, and later worked as a host on the television program Portokalli on Top Channel.

Tarifa is married to musician Erjon Zaloshnja. In 2013, they had a daughter together named Aria. Source: Wikipedia

Fluke

Re: ALBANIA 2016

Your last 3 entries have been so weak, i hope you'll get back in style! :)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Lindita must come back xlove

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Lindita Halimi comeback is imminent. I can feel it. Justice for Lindita! I stress that the song would have to be just as ridiculously magnificent as "S'të fal" though. I'm really not usually a fan of singers like Lindita where there is just so much vocal gymnastics going on. When you have a song as crazy as that though and witnessing how she totally nailed it (in the semi final), gosh I just could not resist.

Rezarta Smaja is my favourite Albanian singer. I'd love to see her back as well. Each time she's entered she has finished seventh. She needs to come back with a killer song and win. Maybe something like this...

xheat I'd like to see Albania with another electropop entry.

Failing that, just get Rona back againxheatxheatxheatxheat

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

My only fear with Rezarta is that she peaked too early and that "Më rrembe" will always be her magnum opus. I sure hope she has something else up her sleeve because I really have no idea what she has up her sleeve after that.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

My only fear with Rezarta is that she peaked too early and that "Më rrembe" will always be her magnum opus. I sure hope she has something else up her sleeve because I really have no idea what she has up her sleeve after that.

That's more my fear with Lindita actually, and also i'm wondering how on earth can Rona ever beat "Suus" if she returned. I love "Më rrembe" but i'm confident Rezarta can at least easily equal it. All her songs so far have been great.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

That's more my fear with Lindita actually, and also i'm wondering how on earth can Rona ever beat "Suus" if she returned. I love "Më rrembe" but i'm confident Rezarta can at least easily equal it. All her songs so far have been great.

I disagree, actually. I know where Lindita wants to go after "S'të fal," but for Rezarta, I don't know what she could do to be better than "Më rrembe" or what she wants to do to try. Another genre-hopper like "Më rrembe" could very easily be a trainwreck. We'll see; it wouldn't be the first time she pulled a rabbit out of a hat.

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

Xhensila would be perfect xcheer

pinkchiffon

I think Albania needs to start treating their search and preparation for an entry very differently, because they've been having serious problems with it lately and I hope the drama with their entry this year was a wake up call. My suspicion since 2014 was that RTSH was cutting corners and not giving their representatives any freedom or support, and what the composer of Elhaida's FiK song said about his reasons for withdrawing it suggested the same. Elhaida was able to pull together a decent entry because she's lucky enough to have connections, but an artist without her level of recognition would be 100% screwed. If RTSH cannot afford a professional, well-produced entry next year, they should either select an artist outside of FiK who can obtain their own sponsors, or withdraw. Anything else is unfair to the artist who represents them.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

I just realized that the same team, Klodian Qafoku and the now deceased Dr. Flori, wrote both "Zjarr e ftohtë" and "Më rrembe." How the music world does not recognize those two, Qafoku especially, as unbelievable talents is beyond me. Just give him the reins on the entry next year again, and Albania should be headed for a very good placing indeed.

pinkchiffon

Eh, I remember Qafoku's name from something that was in the top 3 behind Hersi year before last and it was a total miss. I can't remember the name of the performer or song, but it sounded like Macedonia 2015. Soooo beige.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

NikkiBoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cwR4aQqHSc

Somehow, I think I like Rezarta singing in English even more than I like Rezarta singing in Albanian; her accent is so beautiful.

Rezarta for :al: Albania next year with a uptempo song. And PLEASE don't dissapoint like Elhaida. Stunning voice, but then May came and it was Eurovision time. Elhaida failed. I simply loved her and the song, but was very dissapointed by her vocals, show, performance, clothing and ofc the result.
Albania deserved much more, really. Don't withdraw and please send something A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!

ZoboCamel

Eh, I remember Qafoku's name from something that was in the top 3 behind Hersi year before last and it was a total miss. I can't remember the name of the performer or song, but it sounded like Macedonia 2015. Soooo beige.

Just looked him up (a few months late, I know) and... you mean Klodian Kaçani's Me ty, don't you? I personally thought that was the best song in that year's Albanian NF by far! Seeing that Qafoku was behind that, I'd rather like to see him try again.

Mickey

Just looked him up (a few months late, I know) and... you mean Klodian Kaçani's Me ty, don't you? I personally thought that was the best song in that year's Albanian NF by far! Seeing that Qafoku was behind that, I'd rather like to see him try again.

I love that song too. It grew on me a lot after that year's FiK. It had a brilliant dramatic military feel.

ZoboCamel

I love that song too. It grew on me a lot after that year's FiK. It had a brilliant dramatic military feel.

By the way, I don't suppose you've ever been able to find a studio version of it? I love having my collection of pretty much all my favourite national entries on my phone, and have wanted to add Me ty to it for years, but I've never for the life of me been able to find studio versions of Albanian NF entries. Pretty much every other country seems to have them available at one point or another, even if it's only in the form of a temporary recording available online around the time of the NF, but there's virtually nothing from Albania. Are they super-hard to find, or do they just not make a studio recording for them?

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

By the way, I don't suppose you've ever been able to find a studio version of it? I love having my collection of pretty much all my favourite national entries on my phone, and have wanted to add Me ty to it for years, but I've never for the life of me been able to find studio versions of Albanian NF entries. Pretty much every other country seems to have them available at one point or another, even if it's only in the form of a temporary recording available online around the time of the NF, but there's virtually nothing from Albania. Are they super-hard to find, or do they just not make a studio recording for them?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=i8IHKazP0x8 Found one!

Top Bottom