Contact us

2014 FIFA World Cup

Miguel

fifa-2014.jpg

The 2014 FIFA World Cup is scheduled to take place in Brazil from 12 June to 13 July. The national teams of 32 countries will take part in the finals tournament, with matches to be played in 12 cities throughout Brazil.

Facts

• It is the second time that Brazil has hosted the competition, the previous being in 1950.

• It marks the first finals appearance of Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is only the second time in history of the World Cup that only one national team made a debut in the tournament.

• It will be the first World Cup to use goal-line technology.

Qualified Teams

800px-2014_world_cup_qualification.PNG

2014_FIFA_World_Cup_Qualified_Teams.png

• Australia, Iran, Japan, South Korea - AFC

• Algeria, Cameroon, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Nigeria - CAF

• Costa Rica, Honduras, Mexico, United States - CONCACAF

• Argentina, Brazil (hosts), Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Uruguay - CONMEBOL

• Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, England, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Switzerland - UEFA

Final Draw

The Final Draw is scheduled to take place on 6 December 2013 at the Costa do Sauípe Resort, Mata de São João in Bahia (13:00 local time).

Slogan

"All In One Rhythm" is the official slogan. The slogan in Portuguese is "Juntos num só ritmo". It represents the underlying mindset and theme running through all aspects of the tournament organisation.

SuperSong (Theme Song)

logo.png

World Cup's major sponsor Sony Music Entertainment unveiled a Global Music Contest to find the official song. Submissions will be opened on December 2, when everyone will be able to submit online their video of original song proposals. All submissions will be evaluated by the SuperSong judging team who will choose the Top 20 songs. A panel of experts from Sony and online fans will vote for their favorite songs to select the finalists. The winning song will be chosen from the finalists by Ricky Martin and the judges’ panel to be announced in February 2014. The winner will travel to Puerto Rico to see Ricky Martin and a top music producer collaborate on the final version of the song, to be recorded by Ricky for the Official Album of the FIFA World Cup™.

Mascot

mascot.png

Fuleco the Armadillo is the official mascot. It is a Brazilian three-banded armadillo, a species of armadillo which is native to Brazil and categorized as a vulnerable species on the IUCN Red List.

Ball

1694954_FULL-LND.jpg

Adidas Brazuca is the official match ball. The informal term "brazuca" is used by Brazilians to describe national pride in the Brazilian way of life. Mirroring their approach to football, it symbolises emotion, pride and goodwill to all.

Official Links

FIFA
UEFA

Miguel

World Cup Winner Betting Odds
:br: Brazil

World Cup Finalists Betting Odds
:br: Brazil / :ar: Argentina

World Cup Top 3 Finish Betting Odds
:br: Brazil
:es: Spain
:ar: Argentina

World Cup Continent of Winner Betting Odds
:eu: Europe

World Cup Player Of The Tournament Betting Odds
:pt: Cristiano Ronaldo

World Cup Top Goalscorer Betting Odds
:ar: Lionel Messi

Oddschecker

Miguel

Sorry but i was creating this thread much before than this one.... almost 3 years ago, So i hope that the moderators can move this thread to this one, please.. Its not fair :(

http://www.escunited.com/t5502/

No harm intended. I asked the administrator and he gave me green light. Why did you let someone else to open the Qualifications thread then? It would be much easier if there was only one thread since the beginning.

Sabiondo

No harm intended. I asked the administrator and he gave me green light. Why did you let someone else to open the Qualifications thread then? It would be much easier if there was only one thread since the beginning.

Because i was awaiting that the Qualifications ended for up my thread who i made 2 years ago.... but it not fair that others stolen the works from others..

DanielLuis

Because i was awaiting that the Qualifications ended for up my thread who i made 2 years ago.... but it not fair that others stolen the works from others..

He didn't knew. The thread was inactive for a long time.
Don't worry, the mods can merge the two threads.

Milos-BC

Mexican hackers have broken into the FIFA servers and, apparently, discovered the groups for the World Cup :lol: Here they are:

groups.jpg

:lol: If this is correct, than the draw on 6th December is a farce.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is true at all.

Haustor

I would not mind this kind of draw at all for :ba:.
It is not impossible to have England and France in same group as long as England is in group that does not have top seed from Europe. Reason for this is because France is lowest ranked European nation it has been placed in third pot with African and South American nations.
Only rule is that three countries from same continent can not be in same group so as long as Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay or Columbia are top seed France will be there too (unless FIFA changes something and put somebody else from Europe in that pot) which could create death group that could look like this:
Brazil/Argentina (pot 1)
France (pot 3)
Italy/England/Portugal/Netherlands (pot 4)
whoever from pot 2.

Top Bottom