Contact us

🎶 MOISANTIA | Fin 🎶

theditz83

Veteran
Today's update from MTV is something a little less intense compared with the past couple of days, but it needs a lot more interaction from you guys since the WLSC delegation has just announced that there will be a two song shoot-out for the ticket to WLSC 215 xheat

This mini-NF is being held by the ::moi delegation who have the selection responsibilities for the next edition. Look out for more Surovian involvement for WLSC 216 ;)

CALLING ALL WAITING LIST SONG CONTEST PARTICIPANTS!!!

Vote for your favourite song by simply reacting to this post with the relevant emoji (totally stealing Gaelle's idea from a couple of editions ago xlove)

For Baby Alice - Ice Cream click the "Like It" button (y)
For AronChupa & Little Sis Nora - Trombone click the "La La Love" button :love:

The song with the most reactions by 21:00CET on Sunday 14th March will be the winner and will represent ::moi at the next WLSC (edition 215)

Feel free to cheer on your favourite here, and thanks in advance for all your votes xyaay

WLSC-215-SHOOT-OUT.png

SONG 1: Baby Alice - Ice Cream

SONG 2: Aronchupa & Little Sis Nora - Trombone
Last chance to vote WLSC participants - the deadline for this WLSC 215 reaction poll is 21:00CET tonight! Don't be sucked in by those final ESC NF season events and miss your opportunity ;)

theditz83

Veteran
Thanks so much for the wonderful 14 WLSC juries that took part in our little WLSC 215 shoot-out...

Griffin Empire, Effiland, Gringotts, Öösingimäed, Utopolis, Endórë, Dalisska, Rehi Kaita
::tan ::sol ::big ::pyr ::tad ::tuz

It was close, but two votes today made all the difference...

The winner - with 8 votes vs. 6 - and the representative for ::moi in Tuzi is... xheya

theditz83

Veteran
::moi MOISANTIA'S NSC 19th Decade Round-Up ::moi

MOISANTIA-IN-THE-19-TH-DECADE.png

Highlights:
| 8 finals out of 10 (75% qualification rate (6/8), as 2 PQ) |
| Our first ever runner-up spot in 182 with Little Big |
| Welcoming everyone back to Moisantia for NSC 183 - our second ever hosting |
| Getting Eurobeat into the finals twice, and both times avoiding the dreaded bottom 5! |

19th-Decade-Final-Voting-Summary.png

Congrats @pyryniemi ::fer @esc87fan ::sak @Ewigkeit ::ems @FabiESC ::ros and @94ayd ::qdq for being our Top 5 nations this past decade xlove
(Honourable mention to @AshleyWright ::sol and @anaraqueen ::tan for being joint on points with QuienDQ and also @PopGeek ::nur for being the top debuting nation this decade xup)​

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
The one final you didn't vote in was the only final I was in. :(
I actually forgot to include that one in the spreadsheet as when I originally built this summary, I couldn't find 183 notes file along with the others, and then I suddenly remembered - it was on the voting spreadsheet from that edition since I hosted xstars

All updated now. You got :12: - that should never be forgotten xrose

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
I actually forgot to include that one in the spreadsheet as when I originally built this summary, I couldn't find 183 notes file along with the others, and then I suddenly remembered - it was on the voting spreadsheet from that edition since I hosted xstars

All updated now. You got :12: - that should never be forgotten xrose
If I had checked my own list before posting, I would have seen that. I just assumed your list was complete. :p

theditz83

Veteran
tUnE-yArDs LIVE PERFORMANCE

Ahead of their flight to ::doi Doire tomorrow for the start of tech rehearsals, Surovia's late-night entertainment and lifestyle shoW "Later... with Jools Holland" had an exclusive live performance from tUnE-yArDs of their entry "Water Fountain" and we have the exclusive video here for you all to enjoy.

#Monobrow was said to be the top trending hashtag following on social media following the performance as ::moi Moisantia unites behind the group. Best of luck Merrill and Nate! xup

theditz83

Veteran
So sadly it wasn't to be for tUnE-yArDs with a suspect draw seemingly sinking their chances of qualification (you can only assume that when you score more in the reju vote than in the regular voting...)

But we're undeterred with the NDI process, so looking ahead to NSC 192 it will be the turn of the MTV delegation to select an entry that is purely Moisantia. We're already reaching out to some historical connections within Natia to gain their insight into the songs in consideration (rumour has it that 4 songs from two different vocalists will be under final consideration, but not details on who those vocalists are just yet!)

::moi would also like to offer an open invitation to any other nation that would like to have their say in the open forum for feedback on the songs under consideration - simply leave a comment here or drop me a private conversation and the potentially entries will be shared with you for your useful feedback xlove

theditz83

Veteran
BUMP

No offers of help have been received yet from any nations, so we wanted to just ask again if anyone wanted to assist with our 192 choice. I won't be posting an official NF so this will be the last post until I make until the entry is selected before the deadline ;)

theditz83

Veteran
Moi.png

NSC 192 ENTRY - MOISANTIA CHOICE

Thanks to the 10 secret juries that helped select your entry for NSC 192 - it was super-close for the majority of the voting, but one song eventually emerged on top!

Our selection was between 4 songs from 2 modern-day UK dance divas:

Georgia-Ku.jpg
Karen-Harding.jpg

GEORGIA KU vs. KAREN HARDING

With each jury ranking each song out of 10 points, the results looked a little like this:

NSC192.png

So that means our next entry, 100% backed by MTV and the ::moi delegation, is...

artworks-lbRMQJVWZfZlo8yj-h6Bn0Q-t500x500.jpg

Lyrics:
I don't even care if there's no morning
No morning, no morning, no morning
No morning (no morning), no morning (no morning)

Midnight stories keep me up
I don't wanna close the book
In the dark, we find ourselves again (find ourselves again)
When the sun comes up
Could it be the end
Or are were just in Elysium?
Standing, looking right over the edge

I hear you calling
And the night, it lasts forever
Let's forget to remember
Together as we're falling
We could stay this way forever and ever

But I don't even care if there's no morning
Na-na-na-na-na
Na-na-na-na-na, na
Na-na-na-na-na
Na-na-na-na-na
Na-na-na-na-na, na
Na-na-na-na-na

No morning (no morning), no morning
(No morning), no morning
(No morning) no morning

The stars, they move across the sky
They're watching us with crystal eyes
A curtain of the night like a disguise
When the sun comes up
Could it be the end
Or are were just in Elysium?
Standing, looking right over the edge

I hear you calling
And the night, it lasts forever
Let's forget to remember
Together as we're falling
We could stay this way forever and ever

But I don't even care if there's no morning
Na-na-na-na-na
Na-na-na-na-na, na
Na-na-na-na-na
Na-na-na-na-na
Na-na-na-na-na, na
Na-na-na-na-na

(No morning) no morning
No morning, no morning
I don't even care if there's no-

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
The latest NSC news from Nucharlton on the cusp of a new NSC edition...

As always in Moisantia, no-one ever stays silent when it comes to the nation's NSC & WLSC performances and coming off the back of the 180s decade which was easily our most successful decade EVER, there is some understandable unease at the NDI (New Decade Initiative) introduced by the delegation in response to the growing discontent from the artistic groups in Surovia.

While our failure to qualify in the last two editions has brought a real sense of yearning for that buzz of the final again, there are some media reports stating that certain viewers have been expressing a lack of interest in the contest due to the "more uncertain musical direction" that the nation is taking. However all of these reports have been strenuously opposed by both the NSC delegation in Nucharlton and the team at SuGO Distribution in Surovia.

"Our plans remain unchanged", they affirmed today in a joint statement to MTV News. "We are excited to continue on the path that we have planned and we are extremely excited to reveal our next artist and song - the first one ever to have been jointly chosen and worked on by both the Moisantia and Surovia delegations. This is our New Decade Initiative and we're coming back fighting in NSC 193!"

And so, on to the NSC 193 ENTRY - the first joint entry from both delegations flying under the ::moi Moisantia banner but very much a MOISUR COLLABORATION

MoiSur.png

The act chosen to represent us next edition is an Altpop collective with folk leanings, and they filmed a very special live version of their anthemic entry especially for NSC 193 back in the depths of Winter. We hope that the combination of live strings, drums and piano with those soaring harmonies will strike the right chord with the NSC voting public!

NSC 193 ENTRY
Delta Rae - Run

MV5BMDViZDYxMzktY2Y0MS00ZDJhLTg3NzAtMmE3ZmE5YjQ0Y2IzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTI5NjIyMw@@._V1_.jpg

Lyrics:
We're gonna rob the banks and feel no shame
Burn our fingers and change our names
And I'll tame the roads that can't be tamed
With you

Then we'll race like falcons to crash and burn
Learn the lessons we never learned
If you kiss me harder, someday I'll turn
To you
To you

I wanna run to feel again, to be no one
To run under the stars of Orion
And all my life I've been burning by the dreams I've had
Now I want to run
I want to run

So let's paint our bodies and chase the sky
The Earth will shake and we'll wonder why
But if I never know, well, at least I lie
With you
With you

I wanna run to feel again, to be no one
To run under the stars of Orion
And all my life I've been burning by the dreams I've had
Now I want to run
I want to run
I want to run
I want to run
I want to

So let us know what you think of this first collab entry from Moisantia and Surovia delegations - and also, which entry are you most looking forward to in the next round from 194-196? Surovia's more alt style in 194, the familiar Moisantia sound coming in 195 or maybe even the next collaboration from both delegations due in 196 - let us know what's been floating your boat most xlove

theditz83

Veteran
Added a quick poll to get your feedback on what your fave entry from this first round of the NDI (New Decade Initiative) has been - Surovia, Moisantia or the new MOISUR collab entry, which speaks to you most and which of the next three entries will you be looking forward to seeing in 194-196?

theditz83

Veteran
Thanks for your feedback Morty - totally as expected tbh but always appreciated ;)

@Everyone else: get involved with the convo. We don't chat much in people's nation threads anymore and it's sad :(

theditz83

Veteran
Thanks so much for getting us back into the final guys - it means a massive amount! xlove

I've finally moved my lazy backside into updating the NSC results overview in the first post - still need to work through the WLSC results and Spin-Offs.

And it's looking like no matter what position we finish in this edition, the MOISUR collab committee have definitely won this round. Surovia and Moisantia will come back stronger in the next round of entries from 194-196, there's no doubt about that ;)

theditz83

Veteran
Wow, that was a turn-up for the books after a disappointing start to the 190s, we managed to get a left-hand side finish with Delta Rae, finishing in 12th place in Rumia. Thanks so much for all the support, and it was great to see that the first ever MOISUR collaboration ended up being a success!

And now, it's on to the next round of the NDI for Moisantia, and we're back to SuGO Distribution and their artist and song choice from the Surovian region for NSC 194...

This time around, the lucky act is a duo - more specifically "an experimental pop duo" from Brighton, UK. Made up of members Georgia Train and Ben Richards, the duo have been together since 2007 and they came to the SuGO Distribution team's attention thanks to their amazing lyrical storytelling within their songs.

After a short internal audition of a few songs, a clear favourite became apparent to everyone - a song that is both brash and ex hilarating (silly emoji xhi in that word!!) with an often viscious delivery and a story of a battle of two clashing personalities fighting between their deep passion and their conflicting hatred.

Ladies and gentlemen, Surovia presents their entry for Moisantia in NSC 194...

Sur.png

::moi MOISANTIA NSC 194 ::moi
(Surovia's choice)
BITTER RUIN - Trust

screen-shot-2014-02-26-at-19-31-17.png

Lyrics:
Dust is settling on my eyelids as I sleep
Tar is sliding down the window through which I see
Somehow it's blacker than these piano keys
I think I've lost the ability to speak
I'm so cold through all these clothes
I'm crushed to a pulp
On this whisky I gulp
Pour pills down my throat

Unlock me I mean you no harm
(Far too risky to feed you with bare arms)
Bite the arm that feeds me real food (Wait your turn you're greedy I hear you)
How do you expect me to tell the truth (How can I protect myself from you)
Trust belongs to you (Trust is for fools)

Don't disguise yourself I'm easy led
Don't pretend you're drunk that whisky's down your dress
And I know those pills are aspirins for your head
An obvious fact cause if they weren't bitch you'd be dead

Well I'm sick of this now, you've crossed the line
Look at you, you state
Wipe the tar off your face
And the dust from your eyes

Far too risky to feed you with bare arms
(Unlock me I mean you no harm)
Wait your turn you're greedy I hear you (Bite the arm that feeds me real food)
How can I protect myself from you (How do you expect me to tell the truth)
Trust is for fools (Trust belongs to you)

How can you ask me to trust you again
Did I ask you to trust me at all
How can you tell me you don't want me back
I don't want you around me at all

How can you ask me to trust you again
Did I ask you to trust me at all
How can you tell me you don't want me back
I don't want you around me at all

Far too risky to feed you with bare arms (Unlock me I mean you no harm)

Far too risky to feed you with bare arms (Unlock me I mean you no harm)

Trust is for fools
Trust is for fools
Trust is for fools
Trust is for fools
Trust is for fools
Trust is for fools
Fools

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
TENSIONS RISING BETWEEN SUROVIA AND THE CENTRAL MOISANTIAN ADMINISTRATION ONCE AGAIN...

News reports emerging across all mainstream channels in Moisantia this morning has been hinting at an increase in tensions between the central government in Nucharlton and the Surovian authorities. The topic of independence and a breakaway state is never far from everyone's mind in these testing times, but it's believed that the sub-par performance of Surovia's first two NSC acts - tUnE-yArDs and Bitter Ruin - has increased pressure on the delegations to find the best balance of artistic representation going forward.

The tension risks bubbling over as this morning, MTV have reportedly demanded that the Surovian team consider more "pop-centric" options for their future participations in the contest - thus breaking their original promise of full autonomy for their song and artist choices. Although a statement from the SuGO distribution team (in charge of Surovia's NSC participations) has yet to be released, public opinion on the streets of regional Surovia is clear... "They don't get it!" one irate fan tweeted. "This is more than just a lack of artistic understanding, this is a lack of respect for our own goals and future aspirations. We need to have the freedom to be ourselves!"

The team at MTV - heads of decision-making for the Moisantia and MOISUR Collab entries - have replied to the comments stating "Moisantia as a whole are fully behind the New Decades Initiative that began with NSC 191 and we are hoping that the Surovian artists will find more success in the future. The success of Delta Rae - a Surovian act with a Moisantian-penned song - is proof that working in harmony can achieve great things, and while we completely respect Surovia's right to freedom of artistic expression, we want to ensure the ongoing success of NSC in Moisantia and for that, we have to ensure that we are reaching the finals."

I'm sure this isn't the end of this story - we'll keep you updated of any further developments as they come to us!

Last edited:
Top Bottom