Contact us

🇦🇲 ARMENIA 2023 - Yan Girls - Do It My Way

AlekS

Veteran
Armenia confirmed their 2023 participation at the winner's press conference in 2022.

Mainshow

Veteran
Tbh, it shouldn't be in EBU's hands at this point - of course, they can "monitor" what they can but isn't the Armenian broadcaster the one to decide whether Armenia participates or not?
As long as the Armenian broadcaster doesn't pull of a RuZZia or BelaruZ (and they have enough money to make a JESC participation happen), the EBU shouldn't have a say in this at all.

Marcos C

Tbh, it shouldn't be in EBU's hands at this point - of course, they can "monitor" what they can but isn't the Armenian broadcaster the one to decide whether Armenia participates or not?
Currently, JESC 2023 is scheduled to have 16 participants, and the EBU is likely making plans for the event accordingly. The EBU is probably hoping that the situation in Nagorno-Karabakh will not become critical enough to cause Armenia to withdraw from the competition.

Realest

I have a Feeling, this will be the huge Fanfavourite throghout the whole Season.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
It just sounds like a typical highly energised, slightly messy kpop song that is all show and little in the way of actual substance. For a while I loved songs like this but they seem so regular these days it leaves little impression on me and I say that as someone who has a very strong pop leaning taste in music. The music video is very KPop-ish also, awesome dance routine and graphics. Armenia usually can stage quite well, so it's going to be quite visual and auditory spectacle. As Realest said, this is going to be an instant massive fan fave I think .

2 girl groups in a year loaded up with girls, the BBC better have something extra special planned.

shameless

It just sounds like a typical highly energised, slightly messy kpop song that is all show and little in the way of actual substance. For a while I loved songs like this but they seem so regular these days it leaves little impression on me and I say that as someone who has a very strong pop leaning taste in music. The music video is very KPop-ish also, awesome dance routine and graphics. Armenia usually can stage quite well, so it's going to be quite visual and auditory spectacle. As Realest said, this is going to be an instant massive fan fave I think .

2 girl groups in a year loaded up with girls, the BBC better have something extra special planned.
This analysis sounds about right. I find this song very forced and unpleasant to hear. Guess I am 20 years too old to be the target group though. :D

Marcos C

After searching for Armenian pop girl groups on both Google and YouTube, I gather that girl groups are extremely rare in Armenia. In fact, Yan Girls' video was the only relevant result in both my searches. Therefore, Yan Girls seem like pioneers with their K-pop-inspired song.

Schlagerman1

Well, it is over, we finally heard the winning song. This is very professional, but not too over the top, it really looks like the girls are having fun as well. The song is very cool and modern. All five of them stands out. If they get the performance in Nice to be as smooth and fun as in the video, they will crush the competition. The only one I can see fight with them is Germany, which I can see do very well with the juries. The rest are fine, but doesn't feel like winner-potentials at all.

Looren

Veteran
This really SLAPS

And yeah I think that if their performance is good they're winning this

Top Bottom