Contact us

♦ HITS OF THE HALF DECADE ♦ IRELAND & SWEDEN! ♦ Voting ends on 3rd February 2016 at 10pm GMT! ♦

ILA2ZPG.png

Click here to view the current round of voting

This decade is almost half-over.. and we've had some great Eurovision entries over the past few years. Six winners, but perhaps quite a few songs that didn't quite get the recognition they deserved! With 2016 approaching, we aim to celebrate the era that is 2010-2015 by comparing the best of the song contest and finding ESCUnited's "Hit of the Half Decade"! For this to work, we will need as many members as possible to take part, so please get involved!

How will this work?​

So that contest can run smoothly, it has been split into two 'phases'. These consist of compiling a list of the best song from each country, and then members voting for their favourite country based on the entry chosen. I have explained this in further detail below.

Phase 1: Compiling the Shortlist
First things first, we must find the best song submitted from each country. To do this, we will have short periods of three days in which members of this forum will vote for their favourite entry submitted from each country during the period 2010-2015. For the sake of time and efficiency, I have paired countries up. They are supposed to be rated individually, just that the judging of entries will happen for two countries in the same time slot - otherwise we'll end up running into June! In order to qualify, each country must have submitted at least three entries during this time period. Sorry, Australia. Maybe next time. The order in which countries' entries will be judged shall be decided by a random generator.

Qualifying Countries

Phase 2: Cast your votes!
Now we know who shall be representing each country, it's time to get voting - eurovision style! Award 12, 10, 8-1 points to your favourite songs. Each forum members' votes shall be tallied up and counted, and from that score we will find ESCUnited's "Hit of the Half Decade"! You are permitted to assign votes to your own country of birth/residence, however we advise you to please try to vote in a manner as impartial as possible. If you believe that your own nation submitted the best song, then go ahead and assign twelve points! But otherwise, please try to keep the bias out of this game.

The Schedule

Phase 1: 1st January 2016 - 9th March 2016

Azerbaijan & Belarus: 1st - 3rd January
Finland & Moldova: 4th - 6th January
San Marino & Israel: 7th - 9th January
Russia & Lithuania: 10th - 12th January
Austria & Iceland: 13th - 15th January
Albania & Cyprus: 16th - 18th January
Spain & Malta: 19th - 21st January
Bosnia and Herzegovina & Macedonia: 23rd - 25th January
Belgium & Netherlands: 26th - 28th January
Norway & Turkey: 29th - 31st January
Ireland & Sweden: 1st - 3rd February
Montenegro & Switzerland: 4th - 6th February
Latvia & Armenia: 7th - 9th February
Slovenia & Denmark: 10th - 12th February
Greece & Ukraine: 13th - 15th February
Portugal & Romania: 16th - 18th February
Italy & United Kingdom: 19th - 21st February
Hungary & Poland: 23rd - 25th February
Serbia & Germany: 27th - 29th February
Georgia & Estonia: 1st - 3rd March
France & Croatia: 4th - 6th March
Bulgaria & Slovakia: 7th - 9th March​

Phase 2: 16th March 2016 - 23rd March 2016​

The Show: 16th March 2015
Results: 23rd March 2015​

I really hope that you guys do choose to get involved! This is my first time I will be hosting a game on this forum, and I do pray that it turns out to be a successful one. You may sign up to be 'notified' of each voting window - this means I will tag all the members who have registered their interest in the post for each voting pair, just to keep members updated on everything! This game relies upon public interaction for it to work, without votes it cannot run! So please do join in, and I hope it is enjoyable for everyone! :)

If I have missed any details out, or you are confused about anything.. please feel free to post below or message me privately, I don't bite! But otherwise, this game is set to begin on 1st January 2016 and I hope it is fun for you all.

Last edited:

Hele.

Re: ♦ EUROVISION: HITS OF THE HALF DECADE ♦ Phase One begins on 1ST JANUARY 2016! ♦

This seems it is going to be fun! Can't wait! xcheer

But no Croatia and Bulgaria...two countries that still offered some nice songs in this decade...:(

EDC0708

Re: ♦ EUROVISION: HITS OF THE HALF DECADE ♦ Phase One begins on 1ST JANUARY 2016! ♦

This game sounds great!
Just to let you know, France seems to be missing from the list above.

This seems it is going to be fun! Can't wait! xcheer

But no Croatia and Bulgaria...two countries that still offered some nice songs in this decade...:(

I was debating with myself whether or not to include them, but I eventually decided that it would work better to whittle the numbers down slightly.. and I needed an even number to pair the countries otherwise we might face this game going on for a half-decade itself. :lol:

Hele.

I was debating with myself whether or not to include them, but I eventually decided that it would work better to whittle the numbers down slightly.. and I needed an even number to pair the countries otherwise we might face this game going on for a half-decade itself. :lol:

But those are only two countries, I doubt it would extend game for such long period. Anyway, you can balance also and make some rounds maybe shorter with countries that have less entries (like Bosnia, San Marino etc.). But I understand that you have to put limit somewhere. :)

Okay, with France missing.. I have decided to add the following three countries: Slovakia, Bulgaria, Croatia. They all fit the criteria of 3+ entries in the period 2010-2015. I hope this works for everyone.:)

tuorem

Hello :) Your game sounds like a fun one. In addition to that, the decade you chose to play with is right up my alley, so I'll do my best to vote as frequently as possible ;)

VSN3tG0.png

Welcome to the first of many voting periods in which you will select the entry out of previously contested songs in the period 2010-2015! You will be voting on the behalf of pairs of countries, starting with Azerbaijan and Belarus. I have listed the songs below along with a link to the clip on youtube should your memory need refreshing:

Azerbaijan

Belarus

CLICK HERE TO VOTE

(note: although I have paired two countries up on this poll, they should be treated as entirely separate 'competitions', similar to a national final. I hope this makes sense)

You have until 3rd January 2016, at 10pm GMT to cast your votes. Please be reminded that you must include your username in the voting link for them to count, or your votes may be discounted from the final result.

This is a simple "score out of 10" style of voting, 10 meaning you really want the entry to be selected, whereas 0 may suggest you have a certain disliking for it. You can also score multiple entries the same score if you wish to. Now that we've gotten that out of the way, let the best entry win!​

EscGeek

Veteran
Re: ♦ EUROVISION: HITS OF THE HALF DECADE ♦ Azerbaijan & Belarus Qualifying Round - VOTE NOW!! ♦

voted

Interesting way to vote..that's somethig newxpopcorn

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Re: ♦ EUROVISION: HITS OF THE HALF DECADE ♦ Azerbaijan & Belarus Qualifying Round - VOTE NOW!! ♦

Voted! :D Looking forwards to following this game. :)

EDC0708

Voted!

John1

'voted !

tuorem

Voted! I'm not sure about the marks I've given though. I kind of curious to see how the first round works with this way of voting.

Edward

Voted. Deadline on the title of the thread would be helpful.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Voted. ^^

Voted. Deadline on the title of the thread would be helpful.

Thank you for your feedback, I've included a deadline for this part of the game in the thread title :) Also just to let everyone know.. you have 1 day and 6 hours left to vote. It is currently very close for both polls, to the point where one more vote could rock the vote! So if you really love an entry.. you really should get involved!

Hele.

Re: ♦ EUROVISION: HITS OF THE HALF DECADE ♦ Azerbaijan & Belarus Qualifying Round - VOTE NOW!! DEADLINE: 3RD JAN 2016, 10PM GMT ♦

Voted! I already see, this is going to be amazing game! xcheer

aef

Re: ♦ EUROVISION: HITS OF THE HALF DECADE ♦ Azerbaijan & Belarus Qualifying Round - VOTE NOW!! DEADLINE: 3RD JAN 2016, 10PM GMT ♦

Voted! Sounds like a game that I'll follow! ;)

2 hours left if anyone wants to get in a last-minute vote! :)

Top Bottom