Contact us

مصر‎ - Egypt

TF100

eg.gif

goktengri

Banned
I think they won't make a fuss if they accepted. They recognize Israel.

Eurovision show in the pyramids would be great :mrgreen:

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
Egypt is a democratic, secular and modern country.

No they are not.

Secular? That's what you're called when you put gays in prison and turn the blind eye when Copts are being killed? :/

Btw what's up with these threads? Everyday another Arab country is up here :lol:. It's starting to be a little "Spam-ish" :? Not because they're Arab countries, just because it seems someone is trying to make some sort of political/religious point here rather than rationally discuss the future of Eurovision :confused:

Last edited:

goktengri

Banned
Secular? That's what you're called when you put gays in prison and turn the blind eye when Copts are being killed? :/

Secularism is not a thing that is about lgbt rights. Also I'm not agree with u about Copts are being killed consciously...

But I think Eurovision doesn't deal with political issues of countries.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
Secularism is not a thing that about lgbt rights. Also I'm not agree with u about Copts are being killed consciously...

But I think Eurovision doesn't deal with political issues of countries.

But you argue for countries taking part because of how you perceive their politics? So I didn't start the political argumentation here.

As for LGBT rights, it can offcourse be connected to secularism.

It's by far not a secular, modern or democratic country. Maybe if you compare to Saudi Arabia :lol:, but not in general.

Anyways I didn't start this argument, I just reacted to your comment.

Last edited:

MyHeartIsYours

You can't have a Eurovision country where homosexuality is illegal. In the case of the UK and id imagine all Western countries, like 70-80% of fans are gay and it would not only be an insult to them to have a participant who would send them to jail or execution. And if Egypt or an Arab country where to win and host the contest it would be dangerous. Arab and Islamic culture is incompatible with Western culture whilst they continue to deny people human rights therefore they will never become part of our contest which is for Westernized countries.

Israeliboy

You can't have a Eurovision country where homosexuality is illegal. In the case of the UK and id imagine all Western countries, like 70-80% of fans are gay and it would not only be an insult to them to have a participant who would send them to jail or execution. And if Egypt or an Arab country where to win and host the contest it would be dangerous. Arab and Islamic culture is incompatible with Western culture whilst they continue to deny people human rights therefore they will never become part of our contest which is for Westernized countries.

Agree :)

Top Bottom