• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Paco Roca

Result:

Public: "Meh"

Juries: "WOW!"

Song similar to that of Ingrosso and the same path traced.

For me everything is too generic, soulless and aseptic. I don't see the song and I don't listen good voices... a terrible product.

In general I agree with those who say that Sweden focuses on finished packages (more oriented towards staging) and knows how to present the little it does without flaws and elevate it. However, I would add that without the favorable jury votes, sometimes he would have risked bottom 5 or not won at all.

At the end :0:

Jupiter

Absolutely not. It was bad staging that was also badly performed on top of it.

If it were better, it would have gotten some jury votes at least.
Edgar was 8th in the Jury ranking with 104 points. It absolutely "got some jury points at least". The big difference is in televote, where it came 22th with only 3 countries getting less points (UK, Germany, Spain) and two with the same amount (Portugal & Serbia). They came 2nd in their televote only semi (despite their apparently "awful staging & performance"). Only to finish last in televote out of all the countries that advanced from their semi to the GF.

Nobody is saying the staging was great. But trying to pretend the running order didn't hurt Austria last year at all is just silly tbh.

Realest

Austria was 6th Place in the Average Televoting of all SF2-Qualifiers. But unfortunately Austria is no Lithuania or Albania.

han-g

Edgar was 8th in the Jury ranking with 104 points. It absolutely "got some jury points at least". The big difference is in televote, where it came 22th with only 3 countries getting less points (UK, Germany, Spain) and two with the same amount (Portugal & Serbia). They came 2nd in their televote only semi (despite their apparently "awful staging & performance"). Only to finish last in televote out of all the countries that advanced from their semi to the GF.

Nobody is saying the staging was great. But trying to pretend the running order didn't hurt Austria last year at all is just silly tbh.
It's never just running order when it comes to changing over to the final though. Other countries are now voting, more people in these countries are now voting, there are more songs that can take away your votes and because there are more songs it is now harder to score points. It is impossible to judge running order on a song by just comparing semi final and final results.

gigi_copp3

It's never just running order when it comes to changing over to the final though. Other countries are now voting, more people in these countries are now voting, there are more songs that can take away your votes and because there are more songs it is now harder to score points. It is impossible to judge running order on a song by just comparing semi final and final results.
And I have to remember that SF2 was weak as hell: bloody Australia won it, and it finished the final with just 5 televoting points more than Teya & Salena. The only countries from SF2 finishing top 10 in the televoting in the final were two countries with a really big diaspora (Poland and Albania)

Ezio

Veteran
Austria was 6th Place in the Average Televoting of all SF2-Qualifiers. But unfortunately Austria is no Lithuania or Albania.
I rather live in Austria than in Lithuania or Albania. And so do Lithuanians and Albanians.

Wynnter

Not going to lie, I do enjoy this quite a bit... It is slick and cool in a good way, and while the song lacks any meaningful complexity and melodies, the basic structure and production do make up for it in my opinion. I just enjoy some well produced edm drops, okay. Though the song could definitely hit harder than it does.

But I do have to take away a point for that ending because..... YOU CAN'T JUST END IT LIKE THAT!! When you start doing a buildup of that nature after a few alright drops throughout the song, I am expecting for you to drop it HARD! Like come on, they still had at 12 seconds left from full three minutes, so why the hell didn't they utilise it?? Smh

:7: points

Ezio

Veteran
2023 vs 2024: Marcus og Martinus special election

2023 wins

Realest

Saturday Evening feels so empty without Melfest...

Realest

GI8ofc3XwAAtHXl

Loindici

Veteran
Hi anybody here?

Ezio

Veteran
When Austria was obliged to open the show last year, their odds crashed immediately from 8th to 14th.

Sweden this year still at 10th without much impact on their odds.

Fluke

Thought it was interesting how many times a MF winner has competed for the 2nd time in a row, so i made a list....

2011:Eric Saade - 2nd time in a row
2012:Loreen - 2nd time in a row
2013:Robin Sternberg - debut
2014:Sanna Nielsen - 7th time, non-consecutive
2015:Måns Zelmerlöw - 3rd time, non-consecutive
2016:Frans - debut
2017:Robin Bengtsson - 2nd time in a row
2018:Benjamin Ingrosso - 2nd time in a row
2019:John Lundvik - 2nd time in a row
2020:The Mamas - debut, though sort of their 2nd time in a row, as they were on stage with John Lundvik the previous year
2021:Tusse - debut
2022:Cornelia Jakobs - debut
2023:Loreen - 4th time (and won once before)
2024:Marcus & Martinus - 2nd time in a row

ViVillRejv

This reminds me too much of Sweden 2015 where the song is safe and "mid" but elevated with staging... Outside of the live performance with their faces zoomed in on all the time this song feels like a nothingburger. I can't give this more than a 4. (I also really wanted Jacqline - Effortless to represent us... Voted for it a million times in the Mello final lol)

FilipFromSweden

Top Bottom