4 3.7%

3 2.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

FilipeGolias

IMO, another typical Portugese entry picked with no concern or understanding for what any other countries like.
Precisely. We pick what WE like, first and foremost. We're not here to cater to what 30+ culturally different countries might enjoy. If Europe likes it or not, it's their choice to make and that outcome is ours to bear. We're not accommodating to what others *might* like at the expense of sending something that has no connection with our musical identity and culture.

shameless

Portugal doing what they are best in and I am so thankful for them sticking to it. I really hope they will be rewarded because this is a beautiful entry that doesn't compete with many in the ballad-section this year.

0scar

I was about to do the 2023 vs 2024 thing but then I couldn't decide if I liked Grito or Ai Coração more, thanks Portugal for delivering

I won't travel to Portugal this autumn as planned if Grito doesn't win so please Portugal don't rob me of my trip!!!!

Just booked my flight see you in October!!!!!

han-g

IMO, another typical Portugese entry picked with no concern or understanding for what any other countries like. I just can't connect with the weird guttural, slurring vocal style, i don't even find it ugly or off-putting but it's just feeks so pretentious, unnecessary and outdated to me, like, don't they have anyone who can sing with a normal voice in that country? Is it some kind of national pride thing?

The song is yet another pretentious mess that seems to be meant just to make you think you're not sophisticated enough to understand it. I see this as a pretty sure non-qualifier, but with so few entries this year, nothing's sure. The dancers are hilariously out of place though, i hope they keep them.
I'm not Portuguese and I like this

grazy2266

I'm not normally a fan of the Portuguese songs, just not my type of music generally, but I do like this song somewhat.

MAD20

Excellent choice! :12: points. I'm afraid of the chances for qualification though...

jatojo

Pop haters adore this kind of entry. But having listened to the song twice I still can't explain to anyone how it goes. As is often the case with Portuguese entries? It does have a few elements similar to Serbia's song though.

No doubt that artistically it's one of the stronger performances this year. So it's a 4 from me. Who would have thought.

Last edited:

Jupiter

Portugal is turning into one of my favorite Eurovision countries, because you guys just do you in the best sense possible all the time. I'll definitely spent some of my votes in semi 1 on "Grito" (alongside Raiven & Bambie) bcs this would be such a great Addition to the finale - always, and especially this year.

Loindici

Veteran
I'm very excited to see how this is presented in Malmö and, unlike what the production team from Liverpool did to Mimicat, I'm sure that Iolanda and RTP will get what they'll submit to SVT this Wednsday, and maybe even better.

Wait, was there some problem behind Mimicat's lack of staging last year?

Decayingbooks

Wait, was there some problem behind Mimicat's lack of staging last year?
The graphics for the leds delivered for the production wasn't what they asked for and they had to scrap it, Mimicat said at the time that the vibe they wanted was classy and what they got was tacky.
The two individual rehearsals before the semi was pretty much spent revamping things to compensate the lack of leds.

aef

At many occasions I'm really loving artsy :pt: at Eurovision, also this year. It's just a song that is so unique again, there's no other song like this one this year. I love the fragile yet powerful vibe of the song. Her vocals are giving me chills and she's very beautiful.

I really hope that juries will support this.

:8: points from me.

TB98

Some of the comments in here are something else. It's okay to not like a song but some of you should really think twice before posting. Or maybe, just don't post at all. It's kinda bordering on xenophobia and ethnocentrism.

Last edited:

ESC94

A very nice ballad :pt: is serving us this year. I like that the atmosphere is getting more and more tens towards the end, it somehow transports you into a different sphere, don´t know how to describe it. :LOL:

I really like her voice as well and her stage presence is also good, I just hope that the staging will be a bit different in Malmö, the white dancing men were a bit confusing for me while watching.

In the end I give a good :8:, there are a few songs I like a bit more but I thank the country for serving us some this year. I fear this will get buried though between all very loud entries, and since the they were really unlucky this year with almot all their allies in the other semi I think chances of qualification aren´t that good. But I´m still hoping for the best. xclap

JSSArcos

In an interview with a radio station in Portugal (M80), Iolanda said she wanted to have an iconic presentation. she said she liked taking dance classes, to improve her "steps"

she really looks very genuine and cutexlove

other good news, Iolanda sold out a concert at the Capitolio (a room with a capacity of close to 1400 people). Edmundo Inacio and Claudia Pascoal comment on her post on Instagram (among other famous names in Portugal) - and many comments asking for the opening of a second date

Good to see that she is clearly having positive effects after winning the festival, I hope works with others, for example with João

Last edited:

MopManMoss

Veteran
IMO, another typical Portugese entry picked with no concern or understanding for what any other countries like.
This is why FdC is the best national final, the Portuguese don't give a fuck about what other people like, they like what they like and can appreciate art when they hear it.

Portugal goes their own way year after year and thank god they do.

Lance Esgard

I love this.

Typically, I haven't been able to appreciate Fado. It just isn't a taste I'd been able to acquire as I'd found it too slow and monotonous and this is influenced by the contrast between Fado and the pacing of the music to which I am regularly exposed. Maybe it is down to just not coming across the right examples of Fado.

Grito makes Fado accessible for someone like me, because the song structure and the music imparts energy and dynamism on a level that connects with me, so that I can appreciate the mournful qualities of the singing, a characteristic of Fado, but without it being personally experienced as too dirge-like.

This is in my top 3.

Top Bottom