4 3.4%

3 2.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

JSSArcos

well that was surprising. a weak semi, but good stage work for the most part.

Huka - the biggest surprise of the night, it was a beautiful tribute on a very colorful and well-executed stage. I didn't love it, but I expected to see it in the final. I thought it was a song that could score high both in the televote and jury.

Filipa - this NQ (non-qualification) was expected, I always laughed a lot at the odds (it just shows how little knowledge has). There was some possibility of qualification in the last spot, but I think Portuguese Eurofans needed more on stage. I liked it, far from being a favorite, I think it deserved the final.

Maria João - well, that was too much, very niche-specific (even for the jury). People think that just because it's a completely different song with enviable quality, the jury will vote for it, but it was important to look at the jury we had and realize that without a minimum support from the televote, qualification would be difficult. It was 3 minutes of mixed feelings, but it was also too confusing for me. And from the feedback of my friends/family, many people didn't understand/feel the music. Sad for Maria João, she seemed so genuine in the green room.

Silk Nobre and Rita they were for me, the best of the night.

Unfortunately, it was a really weak semi, I didn't even feel like voting

voted only 1x for Rita in the last round.

JSSArcos

The songs I liked the least were eliminated in the semis, so this isn't a terrible final. I would say we've had better finals and worse finals. I must say that this was the year with the best work on the presentation/stage, the angles, the lights. Unfortunately, the studio is small, and it lacks a larger audience. but I think this good work on stage raises the bar a little for the final

Anyway, my choice is easy to make and totally unique!

My top 12

1-Iolanda - Grito
2-João Borsch - Pelas Costuras
3-Rita Rocha - Pontos Finais
4-Rita Onofre - Criatura
5-Silk Nobre - Change
6-Nena - Teorias Da Conspiração*
7-No Maka feat. Ana Maria - Aceitar*
8-Buba Espinho - O Farol
9-Noble - Memory
10-Cristina Clara - Primavera
11-Léo Middea - Doce Mistério
12-Perpétua - Bem Longe Daqui

*I really like the songs, but the stage is really weak

Laepo1

I went to sleep instead of waiting to see who qualified or not. I guess I made the correct decision. What a shit-show.

I'm really curious about the jury voting. I don't think Iolanda winning is a sure thing yet if they show such bad taste.

Last edited:

Decayingbooks

Omg Leo made it xcry is he the first Brazilian to reach the finals since....... 2017, right? xcry
There was a brazilian in the 2017 final?
I don't know every entry in festival da canção's history, so If I'm wrong someone please correct me, but I think he is the first person to sing in brazilian portuguese in the final.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
There was a brazilian in the 2017 final?
I don't know every entry in festival da canção's history, so If I'm wrong someone please correct me, but I think he is the first person to sing in brazilian portuguese in the final.
João Paulo (one of the guys from Viva La Diva) is Brazilian! As a solo singer I think Leo is the first indeed.

So happy nonetheless xcry

BorisBubbles

Veteran
1. João Borsch - "... Pelas Costuras"
2. Perpétua - "Bem longe daqui"
3. No Maka & Ana Maria - "Aceitar"

4. Iolanda - "Grito"
5. Silk Nobre - "Change" (who knew that feigning drunkness was the ONLY way to conceivably sell that song. Performance Art King xheart)
6. Rita Rocha - "Pontos finais"
7. Rita Onofre - "Criatura"
8. Nena - "Teorias da Conspiração
"
9. Leo Middeia - "Doce Mistério"
10. Buba Espinho - "O Farol"
11. Cristina Clara - "Primavera"

12. Noble - "Memory"

Solid finale overall. i LOVE pelas costuras, bem longe daqui and aceitar, and am perfectly okay with Iolanda beating them if that's where we're headed. I like 5-9 on my ranking too but ideally, don't win pls...x Buba and Cristina are okay, I guess. I hope Noble (and his fans) stub a toe. Rotten song.

Realest

Only listened to the Big6, cause the Rest is probably irrelevant.

Rita Rocha - Pontos finais 5.2/10
Noble - Memory 3.3/10
Iolanda - Grito 3.0/10
Nena - Teorias da Conspiracao 2.7/10
Silk Nobre - Change 2.1/10
Joao Borsch - Pelas Costuras 2.0/10

Decayingbooks

It may be to early to say this, but Silk Nobre has the 4th video most video of semi2, with 12k, Buba Espinha has te most, 37k, between the two there's Huca, 17k, and Maria João, 13k, the thing that I find worrying is that Silk Nobre has more engagement(comments and likes) than Buba Espinho and not only that, there is a great number of people saying that he should win(!?).
From previous years, these numbers will mean that Buba will get a lower televote than Silk Nobre, but I'm getting a bit worried that Silk will pull a Black Mamba and win. The staging is great and I find his performance funny at some points, but it is a bad song with the most milk toast message ever. I'm seeing the abyss and I dread what will happen in the final.

mup

Out of the 2nd semi-final I really liked O Farol, its Portuguese atmosphere and lovely lyrics dealing with the subjects of family and gratitude, similarly to Casa Portuguesa from SF1. :giggle: I also enjoyed João Couto's performance, unfortunately his song didn't qualify.

goncalovieira

Man, no way Silk Nobre is winning... He is a complete "nobody" for the Portuguese public.
The Black Mamba were pretty successful in 2021 with a very stabilized fan base.

rasmuslights

Veteran
It may be to early to say this, but Silk Nobre has the 4th video most video of semi2, with 12k, Buba Espinha has te most, 37k, between the two there's Huca, 17k, and Maria João, 13k, the thing that I find worrying is that Silk Nobre has more engagement(comments and likes) than Buba Espinho and not only that, there is a great number of people saying that he should win(!?).
From previous years, these numbers will mean that Buba will get a lower televote than Silk Nobre, but I'm getting a bit worried that Silk will pull a Black Mamba and win. The staging is great and I find his performance funny at some points, but it is a bad song with the most milk toast message ever. I'm seeing the abyss and I dread what will happen in the final.

It's nowhere close to Iolanda though. I also doubt the juries would go for it.

Decayingbooks

Man, no way Silk Nobre is winning... He is a complete "nobody" for the Portuguese public.
The Black Mamba were pretty successful in 2021 with a very stabilized fan base.
I wouldn't say a nobody, Silk Nobre was the front man for Cais Sodré Funk Connection for many many years.
It's nowhere close to Iolanda though. I also doubt the juries would go for it.
Portugal will be voting the next prime minister the day after the final and as in every country in europe, there's a possibility that a far-right party will be part of the next government. The judges could vote for Silk Nobre because of the perceived political message of the song.

mercachita

I wouldn't say a nobody, Silk Nobre was the front man for Cais Sodré Funk Connection for many many years.

Portugal will be voting the next prime minister the day after the final and as in every country in europe, there's a possibility that a far-right party will be part of the next government. The judges could vote for Silk Nobre because of the perceived political message of the song.
Please, I don't think there's another choice for the jury to top Iolanda on the voting. If another act wins, it means they aren't doing their job. Also, with this movement around Iolanda from the general public and fans it would be weird not to see 12 points for Iolanda.

I am manifesting 24 points for Iolanda next week, like Maro and Mimicat xprayxpray

goncalovieira

Please, I don't think there's another choice for the jury to top Iolanda on the voting. If another act wins, it means they aren't doing their job. Also, with this movement around Iolanda from the general public and fans it would be weird not to see 12 points for Iolanda.

I am manifesting 24 points for Iolanda next week, like Maro and Mimicat xprayxpray
I can not see any other scenario...

Decayingbooks

The lineup for the final is up:

01. Silk Nobre
02. Rita Onofre
03. Noble
04. Buba Espinho
05. Nena
06. Iolanda
07. No Maka ft, Ana Maria
08. Cristina Clara
09. Rita Rocha