12 7.7%

4 2.6%

15 9.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Realest

OMG - Dotter won without getting any :12: ?

It's like the Loreen 2024 robbery in Liverpool all over again!!!

Göteborg 2025, here we come!

No, she got the last 3 12s. But after 5 Votes, everyone had a 12 except her.

empo21

Veteran
So do they all rehearse their DTF performance or just know what to do? Like does someone go 'get on stage by final chorus'?

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
OMG - Dotter won without getting any :12: ?

It's like the Loreen 2024 robbery in Liverpool all over again!!!

Göteborg 2025, here we come!
She picked up all 4 :12:s in the second set of votes, but the first 4 went to each of the other artists :lol: She got there in the end haha

Mainshow

Veteran
I think that "Bulletproof" and "Little Tot" were stronger and more competitive but her new entry is totally fine and we've been missing some mid-tempo entries and ballads so far.
^^

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
I think that "Bulletproof" and "Little Tot" were stronger and more competitive but her new entry is totally fine and we've been missing some mid-tempo entries and ballads so far.
^^
Bulletproof was OK, but I didn't like Little Tot that much. This year's entry has a much better melody for my taste. But I agree about the mid-tempos and ballads.

ArmpitOfEurope

Oh Im dissapointed by Dotter's entry, I liked the snippet but the verses are monotonous and repetitive, and overall its too vanilla and not strong enough to make any real impact.
M&M got this and Danny is gonna be runner up once again

Fluke

Really disappointed with the results. Danny's song is so generic and empty, don't get why people would vote for this but i guess they see some kind of entertainment value in it. Dotter's song started kind of promising, but not enough happens and it just feels to "proper", too predictable for me to feel positive about it.

I really hoped for Scarlet to be number one and win the whole thing. I really think it would be a good and surprising ESC entry. Now it seems pretty hopeless, the contenders in the whatever-you-call-it-position now seems to be Fröken Snusk and Gunilla Persson, and they're gonna have a hard time getting more votes than those.

The song and performance itself was great, but there were some problems. The stage was too dark at some points, and the flickering was too much. The final bit that changes tempo didn't feel different enough, and i was left without an outstanding vocal moment, it needed some really long notes or screams near the end.

That being said, i'll be rooting for them to win IF they end up making the final after all, or Fröken Snusk if she does, if not, probably Smash Into Pieces unless it'll be someone from the fifth heat which we haven't heard yet.

As for the other entries.... Lasse Stefanz was just laughable, i didn't think it was possible to have a worse country/dansband entry than Engmans Kapell, and the staging looked like a display from a budget building supply store. Albin Tingwall had an okay staging with no song to speak of, and Lia Larsson was kind of funny, but it felt too amateurishly made even for its target audience. I expected a key change at the end.

Looking at who's arrived in Globen so far, it's not impressive, no really outstanding songs. Besides the ones i want to support, Liamoo COULD win the whole thing and it would be sorta okay i guess, it's just not doing enough for me. Most of them would be kind of fun to see in ESC, except Maria Sur, PLEASE SWEDEN don't elect her, whatever you do...

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Being a big Drag Race fan I'm excited for Elecktra next week, but I'm also apprehensive about how well her act is going to translate onto the Melfest stage. Out of all the DR Sverige queens I would've expected Admira or Fontana to go to MF before her

I'm also excited to see what Medina come back with, hoping for a banger :mrgreen:

FilipFromSweden

Dotter's song would be a great host entry actually
I think so too, like who really cares what placement we get this year. Out of everything we've heard I think it's the most solid package (even though I prefer Maria Sur and Scarlet)

ArmpitOfEurope

I think so too, like who really cares what placement we get this year. Out of everything we've heard I think it's the most solid package (even though I prefer Maria Sur and Scarlet)

youre still going to get a good placing, even top 5 probably with M&M. They got the pimp slot for a reason I think

lasse braun

not choosing scarlet as direct finalist says a lot about sweden in these days - they prefer to go with the megaboring bland outdated danny saucedo song. :eek:
maybe the extra round will work for scarlet in a good way because swedish people need more time for changes.:D

I bims

Veteran
Danny's song is so bad... and such a boring performance, it's dated and tryhard "hello fellow kids". People were clowning on Laurell Barker for trying to appear younger but at least her sound is current and successful and her voice sounds young as well. Danny just looks like your weird uncle that tries to appear young and cool but has no clue what is actually cool and popular now.

Dotter sang well for being ill, respect. And I like the song, it has a nice melody. Of course it's not competitive and not her strongest effort, was hoping for something like Bon Voyage from her or (of course) another Bulletproof. Maybe another year.

Now all eyes are on Marcus and Martinus. There is a reason they are the closing act of the last semi. And usually with Sweden they have that one song that's clearly above the rest and was cast as "the winner". And we haven't heard a song like that yet.

FilipFromSweden

youre still going to get a good placing, even top 5 probably with M&M. They got the pimp slot for a reason I think
As a Eurovision fan, eventually you start feeling like ok what am I going to do with the information that Sweden got 5th place again? We would have to NQ 3 times in a row before Sweden’s placements ever mattered to me again. Although it is nice to win only because it’s fun when your own country hosts

Top Bottom