12 7.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

nudiecrudi

Wynnter

At first I wouldn't think this was anything that would be ever hook me, but damn I guess I was wrong. xyaay

The instrumental is very playful, and with such a catchy chorus it certainly isn't forgettable... I really like it...

:10: points, but could still go either way. It's a song that relies on a long term listening value.

ESC Athens

This is my favourite entry as of now, :12: douze points !

Her voice is so good and the song sticks to you after listening to it. Good luck to Italy, they never fail to deliver an excellent song.

proxima

eurovision has not yet published the video of Italy on YouTube! :rolleyes:
Occidentali's Karma 9 feb 17 mar
Soldi 6 mar9 mar
Fai rumore 5 feb13 mar
Zitti e buoni 3 mar16 mar
Brividi 2 feb8 feb
Due vite 8 feb21 apr
La noia 7 feb?

Mahmood's songs were uploaded a few days later. maybe there's an agreement between ESC and the record label? in Mahmood's case it's Universal.
they sure took their sweet time with Due vite.xcoffee

mup

Elettra Lamborghini is interested in hosting Sanremo next year.

She had better start training. Entertaining viewers by repeatedly twerking for 5 consecutive nights is no joke. :LOL:

Jokes aside, Elettra Lamborghini says a wise thing when she states she'd like to leave more room for music in Sanremo. (y) The show is already long and this year the first night and the covers night proved the right thing to do: a (very slightly) faster pace - it's still Sanremo after all - and a show centered on music and songs. I am in favour of getting rid of out-of-place international (and national) guests unrelated to music, paternalistic monologues by celebrities and things like those. Sanremo Festival is already a place for RAI's self-advertising its own TV series about social issues, nobody wants a repeat of the horror show of 2012 and what happened with Celentano.

Speaking of 2025, I wish they would adopt the same rule ESC has about autotune, to avoid choosing a winner who can't sing.

makkillottu

I completely agree with you.
Also, the viewing figures of :it: have massively improved over the years. Usually, up to 5 million people watch Eurovision every day.
When Italy hosted the event, ESC got the highest viewing share for over 30 years! (26,4%).

That said, it's still not as big as in other Big 5 countries, e.g. :de: (usually, 40 to 50% audience share).

Also, if you compare Sanremo to ESC, it's even more "devastating". The question is... do we really expect all Sanremo viewers to watch Eurovision as well? I think that it's already a success that 4 to 5 million Italians decide to watch ESC.

Thus, Eurovision is not "unpopular" or "unknown" but the general public highly values Sanremo more.

Italy's former Head of Delegation Nicola Caligiore said in an interview that they had to rebuild the whole audience for Eurovision when they returned in 2011. So they had to follow a specific path to make the audience used to this renewed event to what it was known until 1997.

For this reason, they started to broadcast it on RAI 2 (which had like 1 million viewers that year), with Semi-Finals on RAI 5 (50-60k audience only!), then it grew up slowly up until the promotion to RAI 1 for the Grand Final and Semi-Finals on RAI 2 with great figures.

Fun fact: audience from both Semi and Final are way above the network's monthly average and even the competitor networks are not "fighting" them with top-notch programmes, because they now might fail on the audience battle for share and views.

Eurovision really became a big thing in Italy nowadays, but it's mainly thanks to the phenomenal job done behind the scenes by the delegation that pushed it to the RAI board and management!

makkillottu

Another important thing: Eurovision costs for the entrant and for the TV production is fully paid by advertisements and nothing is paid with the Italian television tax. They're thinking out of the box and big companies are heavily investing on the event. And it's thanks to RAI's marketing offices that Philadelphia became a sponsor from Turin 2022 (we saw it also in Liverpool).

They have developed also great sponsorship activations, for example with Vodafone, as they broadcasted the warm-up show in 2022 from outside the Arena from a temporary TV studio called "Vodafone Glass Box".

Iker

Veteran
The song is objectively good as I'm able to notice many positive qualities but it's not my thing entirely so I give 8 pts in the poll.

The real shock for me is that a woman managed to win San Remo, lol.

aef

Just randomly heard an upbeat remix of Sinceramente at a hotel lobby in Vienna? Nice haha

nudiecrudi

The song is objectively good as I'm able to notice many positive qualities but it's not my thing entirely so I give 8 pts in the poll.

The real shock for me is that a woman managed to win San Remo, lol.
It has become a bit annoying this story.
Everyone pointing out this esc mantra "A woman won Sanremo"
You wrote 5 lines about the song but you dedicated two of these precious lines to the fact that a woman won Sanremo.
Since you're waiting years and years try a bit harder, no?
74 editions
29 Female winners
35 male winners
10 groups, couples
These are facts
Real facts are also the excellent results of the ESC italian male representatives, all top 7.

aef

Just randomly heard an upbeat remix of Sinceramente at a hotel lobby in Vienna? Nice haha
Sinceramente is still such a good song, such a pitty we can’t have both Sinceramente and La Noia at Eurovision!

mup

You wrote 5 lines about the song but you dedicated two of these precious lines to the fact that a woman won Sanremo.
74 editions
29 Female winners
35 male winners
10 groups, couples
These are facts
Real facts are also the excellent results of the ESC italian male representatives, all top 7.
Forgive my reply, :) but you must admit that it's quite a feature not having a woman winning for 9 consecutive years. ESC fans from Europe who have been getting to know Sanremo during these years, once Italy rejoined Eurovision, can only remember (and therefore know) what they've seen so far, they won't know, let's say, the 1970s/80s winners.The memory of an all-male winners streak will last long in the fandom, so I think Iker was just referring to this "shock". ;)

sucof

74 editions
29 Female winners
35 male winners
10 groups, couples
These are facts
These rhetorical phrases about women in Sanremo remind me of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau when he made a terrible impression on President Meloni at the G7. Someone from his staff had told Trudeau that gays in Italy were interned in concentration camps and he believed it!

095608038-33be4871-bbb2-437e-820c-02c1aabbef52.jpg

note the meloni's perplexed face! ahahaha after a few days the Canadian prime minister apologized and admitted that he had been misinformed

Top Bottom