Contact us

WV SPA 181 🎲🍷 SEMIFINAL 1 🃏 RESULTS SPILLED...

Uto

Veteran
I can understand this frustrating experience of finally getting to play as a country you've been wishing for.

However, :jp: is a tough country to qualify with and it's always been like that. See what ::hokk managed to achieve? I suggest you to keep going down the same route, and you'll eventually qualify.

See? I gave you :10: because your song was truly mesmerizing. It encompassed a tons of things I love about music generally speaking.

Do not give up. xheya
I give up when I feel disconnected, not when I feel disappointed. The latter leads to the first, sure, but that's a very long road. Don't worry, I just vent a bit when a bit of venting is to be done.

esc87fan

I give up when I feel disconnected, not when I feel disappointed. The latter leads to the first, sure, but that's a very long road. Don't worry, I just vent a bit when a bit of venting is to be done.
Like John said, Japan is a very tough country to qualify with. I was there for about 6 editions way, way back and only managed to qualify once (when I sent Sayuri Ishikawa), so I know the frustration of not being able to advance even with songs people actually know

John1

Like John said, Japan is a very tough country to qualify with. I was there for about 6 editions way, way back and only managed to qualify once (when I sent Sayuri Ishikawa), so I know the frustration of not being able to advance even with songs people actually know
ZoboCamel can have a talk with y'all about that, I think he merely qualified half entries he competed with.

Speaking about my experience @Uto, I came back to WV years after I last took part because I kinda gave up at the end and never bothered to vote anymore since I never made it to the final. I really remember choosing entries from famous singers that I assumed would sail through, because they charted well and subsequently ignoring what I felt about them (my run with ::mosc was mostly that tbh, I can't remember any of these entries of mine...).

Eventually, I came back with a brand new vision of things and how genuineness of songs I sent mattered. And I chose to return with a very tiny country that doesn't have very many singers to choose from, a.k.a. :lu:. But I had and still have a huge pleasure discovering new songs and assessing them internally with how I feel emotionally while listening to these songs. :)

A song doesn't need to be highly competitive sometimes, but it should be edgy and meaningful enough to qualify.

From what I saw when I returned, things shifted big time when compared to the last time I took part in 2020 - the important component of a song nowadays is not how boppy it sounds, but how one can connect with it.

All that for telling you not to give up, you're pretty lucky with the fact that :jp: hands over a huge music industry with tons of genres to pick from.

Just have fun. xheya

And do not be disappointed, just look up how upset I was when I found out that you didn't barely miss out. Your entry was great, you just need for your next attempt to reinforce this edginess you came up with. xheart

Uto

Veteran
ZoboCamel can have a talk with y'all about that, I think he merely qualified half entries he competed with.

Speaking about my experience @Uto, I came back to WV years after I last took part because I kinda gave up at the end and never bothered to vote anymore since I never made it to the final. I really remember choosing entries from famous singers that I assumed would sail through, because they charted well and subsequently ignoring what I felt about them (my run with ::mosc was mostly that tbh, I can't remember any of these entries of mine...).

Eventually, I came back with a brand new vision of things and how genuineness of songs I sent mattered. And I chose to return with a very tiny country that doesn't have very many singers to choose from, a.k.a. :lu:. But I had and still have a huge pleasure discovering new songs and assessing them internally with how I feel emotionally while listening to these songs. :)

A song doesn't need to be highly competitive sometimes, but it should be edgy and meaningful enough to qualify.

From what I saw when I returned, things shifted big time when compared to the last time I took part in 2020 - the important component of a song nowadays is not how boppy it sounds, but how one can connect with it.

All that for telling you not to give up, you're pretty lucky with the fact that :jp: hands over a huge music industry with tons of genres to pick from.

Just have fun. xheya

And do not be disappointed, just look up how upset I was when I found out that you didn't barely miss out. Your entry was great, you just need for your next attempt to reinforce this edginess you came up with. xheart

John I mean thanks for the kind words and all that, I do appreciate that (and shoutout to Steph), but it's not really necessary. I am not new, this is like my 55th edition or so. I know how WV operates. From the absolute braindead voting by some to bad draws to just straight up lack of luck, there are always reasons for disappointment. In that sea of disappointment, the peaks of success shine. I have done impressive things, like winning with a song that had about 100 views. I have sent stuff that WV never sees, stuff that can only come from me, be it good or hilarious or interesting. I have made my mark. Moreover, I have made friends. I am usually having fun, otherwise I would just leave like I did in NSC.

But yeah, this time I am not having fun. My song got about 66% of what I expected in an edition I wasn´t feeling anyway, so I talk about that experience. Scores aren't super important, but they do matter when they are a serious outlyer. It's a total banger and people are just like meh. It's stupid, I don't like it, I start feeling superior to other human beings etc, it's just bad. It's just temporary though. Do not feel bad for me or about me. I vent when I feel like venting, it is fine. You see similar things by others, it is okay. They will survive. Bernadette will hit the spot invariably at some point, Gera might do so this edition, they were venting last edition. Now it's my turn to vent.

Also, I have never had a Q rate of over 50% so it's not like I can't handle a loss and I can also not be compared to other people who played Japan, because I play Uto first and foremost, not Japan, as did anyone else who came before me. Belgium by Uto was definitely not what it is now Connor plays it and where he deserves a compliment for being quite varied so far while keeping the quality high it's not like a box of chocalates never knowing what you're going to get. That would be me. But yeah while I try to provide for everyone once in a while, it's just that pearls for the swines I wasn´t going for though this time and it's what it ended up being. And that sucks.

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
I didn't have time to vote here... I mean, I didn't remember the ddl was much earlier, I could have voted on time... I only realised that after I listened to all the songs. Too much going on ON this side.
Thank God at least my 12 pointer has made it xheat and that my votes wouldn't have made any difference anyway... o

Anyway, these are the underrated songs (IMO) that I would have supported.

10 SCANIA
07 UNITED KINGDOM

03 CANADA

RevNet

@Uto As I'm listening to the songs from the other semi in order to turn in my votes in for this edition's GF, I realized that we're in the same boat, you and I, as I also didn't qualify with what I thought was a real good song.

I'll tell you that the reason I came back into doing WV after a long hiatus is because I want to share the songs I enjoy with you all, within the confines of my home region, of course. After being in three WVs now, while the results haven't been as promising as I'd hoped, I am still proud of the songs I have sent in to WV. This is because I know that before, during, and after the time I hit that "Start conversation" button on that first PM to "WorldVision", each song I send now is of at least pretty good quality, even if the results thereafter don't reflect that so much. It's no skin off my nose, as they say. However, should I happen to win an edition, I also know that I have hosting ideas that are quite special to me and my region, and I hope that you all in the WV community find those special, too.

I alluded to it above, but the main thing I have learned in WV (and sometimes IRL) and still continue to learn is to not take things too personally after the results are showcased. I believe this goes for everyone here. WorldVision is an online music contest which involves jurors that have a myriad of musical tastes, some of which I personally do not care for at all. As far as that goes, I have learned to keep those thoughts under wraps, although it sometimes can be hard. On the flip side of that, the same above things are probably said about my musical tastes, too. Finally, some jurors are quite set in their musical tastes, while others...not so much. Therefore, you just never know how things will go until your song is being played to the WV jurors/audience.

I say all of the above to tell you to keep doing you, @Uto. Don't give up!

Amir

Veteran
I’m in a similar situation I think. I was motivated when I saw that I could play with Spain again, but now I feel more or less what I felt like at the end of my OM career: that it’s getting harder and harder to keep my motivation for this thing.
I don’t know where it’s coming from.
The fact that I’m now on a three NQ strike is certainly contributing to it, but it’s not like that hasn’t happened before. And it never kept me from trying.
But now it feels different, like I’m kind of hitting a dead end…
I’ll send something for next edition, but after that? Maybe another switch will do the trick, or maybe it’ll just be the point where I should quit.

Uto

Veteran
I’m in a similar situation I think. I was motivated when I saw that I could play with Spain again, but now I feel more or less what I felt like at the end of my OM career: that it’s getting harder and harder to keep my motivation for this thing.
I don’t know where it’s coming from.
The fact that I’m now on a three NQ strike is certainly contributing to it, but it’s not like that hasn’t happened before. And it never kept me from trying.
But now it feels different, like I’m kind of hitting a dead end…
I’ll send something for next edition, but after that? Maybe another switch will do the trick, or maybe it’ll just be the point where I should quit.
It can't be that similar, the thought of quitting hasn't crossed my mind, I was just dejected that these insolent ingrates in here underrate a very good song.

Anyway if a switch is what you feel is needed I would suggest doing that. You are an institution to WV and for me personally your voting patterns are hot shit as you are a pot B who dips into D often. Would suck balls to lose you. But yeah if the feeling isn't there it's not worth staying around. Only do things that are fun or interesting. Life is too short.

Top Bottom