Contact us

EUROVISION 2020 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

John1

mauve

Veteran
I would love to see the same artists with the same songs. I doubt though that the artists will stay the same next year. But it is really not fair to the artists that won on the NFs. I am really eternally sad and disappointed. I could cry.:cry:

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Welp, Tomi Rahula, producer of Eesti Laul said that we will be represented by the Eesti Laul 2021 winner next year, not Uku Suviste. God damn. I guess it is tough for countries with certain national finals set in place, but internal selections, I do hope many of them stick to their artists.
damn, I hated his song but that's so inconsiderate of him.

Smudy

Those that were internally chosen i'll assume will likely get chosen again, that would be only fair.

MalagaToledo

Banned
Someone said that Estonians will get the winner from esti laul selection. Poor uku.. Is this confirmed??

Daybreak

Wait, is there some kind of a rule that songs are automatically disqualified? Shouldn't that be waived since ESC cancellation is unprecedented?

Smudy

Looks like Damir Kedzo, Blas Canto and Samanta Tina will return next year.

EDIT: Scratch Samantina Tina for now, might have been fake.

Loindici

Veteran
That is indeed to be expected.

The artists who might return are most likely to be the ones selected internally, but surely most broadcasters won't cancel their next NF, which means nations with regular public selection processes will have new representatives next year.

It sucks for the ones who won this year.

It really depends on what options the EBU will provide for the broadcasters. I hope there will be a clear statement regarding how the participation system will be. I mean, if EBU insists that all participants should stay for 2021, then that will happen regardless of how future plans are organized by the broadcasters.

Welp, Tomi Rahula, producer of Eesti Laul said that we will be represented by the Eesti Laul 2021 winner next year, not Uku Suviste. God damn. I guess it is tough for countries with certain national finals set in place, but internal selections, I do hope many of them stick to their artists.

Would they do this if the roop was competing for Estonia? I highly doubt it.

0scar

For the record, they did evaluate the possibility to do the contest with recorded clips from everyone at home, but they (EBU) discarded the idea.

Loindici

Veteran
Jeangu agreed too?

Songfestival's twitter just announced it. Basically the fastest artist announcement for the next contest. I love that AVROTROS kepps Jeangu and not selecting other songs, eventhough that's actually going to be their initial apporach.

Top Bottom