Contact us

The Overrated Entries Thread

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I hate the "overrated" discussions. It's a word I stay away from as far as possible. It's obviously not an objective opinion.

It's a word which recently has been used liberally as a way of discrediting something without having to give a proper justification, most often when someone finds they have a disliking for a popular phenomenom/song and is resentful of those who embrace it. Often used by anti-trendies

So everything that is performing well and enjoys a positive approval rating is automatically overrated.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Matt I wrote to Alex with a request to remove a theme, because this issue does not make sense, but to abuse between fans and antifans

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Matt I mean this theme. More than a feud, it will not

AlekS

Veteran
Nah, let people lay cra... I mean speak their mind :)
Personally I prefer to concentrate on something positive ie. my faves.

Also overrated doesn't neccessary mean a bad thing. Any entry with big support is automatically overrated. For someone it sucks, for someone it rocks, in the end it's banal "noez, mah entry is better :cool:" fuss :lol:

Cooler

Banned
Re: Sweden! (The Overrated Entries Thread)

Cooler, very sorry that you are not experiencing an (QUOTE)"orgasm".:(:mrgreen:
If you just do not like it, why just hung with? I now do not like the UK, Germany, Norway, but I do not think their songs are too high.
I didn't say I didn't like it, where did you read that? In fact, it's #16 in my ranking, however I do think it's overrated, it's not something that amazing, in my opinion, and furthermore, we're supposed to say our opinions, that's the main aim of every forum, isn't it?

AlekS

Veteran
speaking of :lol: Sweden, Russia & Serbia have a lot of fans (we'll see how it goes in May).

Sabiondo

The last year, Eric Saade was verry bashed here in the forum by beining overrated, but at the end he was laughed at all his bahers ;)

Sean

Admin
Staff member
I like Sweden but I'm getting tired of the raging fanboys saying its definitely going to be Stockholm 2013. I hope they don't go overboard (I grew to properly hate the French love-in last year) because Sweden is in my Top 10 :p

Russia only got that much attention because of the artist, same with the UK to an extent.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Sean I have already answered your question
Trece said:
And by the way, we are not confident of victory, we just really want this, as real fans! We are very afraid of competition from a number of countries, but on every corner does not pour their filth

No Name

:se: (An ok song which is for me ruined by the fanboy's premature teenage-hype and their speculations over which Swedish city should host ESC 2013, not to mention the daily hype in the chatbox)

:it: (just not really worth the credit given)

Yamarus

Sweden quite evidently, although I support Loreen thoroughly.

Canuck

Meh, I don't see the hype around much of Hungary, although, like Matt, I dislike the word overrated. Many people find the Hungarian entry great, but listening to it live, I've lost a lot of interest :/

Haustor

Sweden is hyped as its good song with good staging and performance but it does not make it overrated as that hype is well deserved.
Greece on other hand was talked as of crappy song by mediocre X-factor singer and then when she spent half her performance showing her underwear she become the best singer and "sure Top 5 and maybe even winner". Truth is Greece song is not better than Cyprus song and yet many people think that Cyprus will not even qualify to final and Miss Underpants is one of the year's best.

EvNickGR

Sweden is hyped as its good song with good staging and performance but it does not make it overrated as that hype is well deserved.
Greece on other hand was talked as of crappy song by mediocre X-factor singer and then when she spent half her performance showing her underwear she become the best singer and "sure Top 5 and maybe even winner". Truth is Greece song is not better than Cyprus song and yet many people think that Cyprus will not even qualify to final and Miss Underpants is one of the year's best.

Are you blind? Who said that Greece will win, or be top 5? Eleftheria has a nice voice, so you can judge the song and not her underwear...and yes, Cyprus song is better!

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Are we talking overrated in a sense that the song won't do as well as people think or overrated in terms of your own personal taste?

I think Serbia won't do as well as expected as the song is just ok with nothing special about it. In the betting odds I think Denmark are overrated for similar reasons.

In terms of my own personal taste I find Spains entry to be extremely overrated as it's a very bog standard ballad ive heard a million times before. I like Swedens song after I gave it a chance but I don't understand the orgasms alot are having over it:lol: I do think it will win though probably although it won't be a runaway victory.

Grinch

Re: Sweden! (The Overrated Entries Thread)

:se: :se: :se: !!!

:es: :gr: :ru:

:se: is the most overrated song this year. :? It's not as nearly cool as some other songs, yet 99% of people have an orgasm while listening to it.

Really? I thought you'd love that song :eek:

Top Bottom