29 10.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
When I am down, but decide to not be down, I can use Cha Cha Cha as a fix for happiness, endorphins and joy.

popavapeur

either Finland or Sweden winning I don't care they're my top 2 of the year but I hope he'll be less stressed cause the vocals weren't there at all, being out of breath after 3secs into the song. He wasn't the only one, I feel like most of the acts underperformed vocally but if a country has to nail it "vocally" its Finland if they wish to overtake Sweden.

Cha Cha Cha isn't a song that needs 100% vocals though but at least, less shaky than yesterday's performance.

Lindon

Assessment ORF.at:

Finland as the final banger
The Finn Käärijä, who started as the last candidate in this semifinal, delivered the banging finale. He got out of a box and blasted his way through the hall with "Cha Cha Cha", later releasing his dance commando from the box as well and underlining that he is probably rightly one of the co-favorites on Saturday - even if one can have justified doubts whether his dance-metal crossover will work across generations. Vocally it also got a little thinner at the end of the song, but that seems to be easily forgiven due to the thunderous beginning.

JenJen94

Absolutely loved his performance yesterday! The lights, staging....it really just captures your attention. Plus I'm obsessed with that human Centipede!!

Now he's pulled 1st half, I'm wondering where he will be placed, so many faves there! Maybe about 10th-ish? Not a show opener for sure

Uto

Veteran
Finland was absolute dogpoo. Vocals were horrible, the staging was one giant mess, but this song breaks the boundaries. It doesn't need to be good. Just ride to glory.

heke1988

Finland was absolute dogpoo. Vocals were horrible, the staging was one giant mess, but this song breaks the boundaries. It doesn't need to be good. Just ride to glory.
Well after two minutes of the song Käärijä's vocals went horrible level, but before that they were at least good.

AliceEsc

His vocals were never the strong point of the song, but his vocal tone is very distinct which adds to it- a lot. Long story short, he is awesome in his "flaws"!

lacrymea

My mom is 71 and somewhat traditional in her tastes. This was her favorite last night. Bless her xD

Edit: first she asked what country had the guy breaking through wodden boxes. I said Finland. Mom: that was my favorite!
Then she talked about other entries she remembered.
Moments later: oh, I also liked the song with the pink dancers! LOL

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
Great job Finland, this is really one of my absolute favs this year and I wouldn't mind it winning the whole thing! It was a bit off at times in the Semi, but I hope it was more nerves and some minor mistakes that they'll fix for the final.

This will unfortunately be killed by the hateful juries I'm afraid, it's simply too original and too fun and out there for them, so if anyone hopes for a Finnish victory I'm really afraid you will be disappointed on Saturday. I could be wrong of course, but I'm afraid knowing the juries track-record that this will be lucky to even be in their top. 10 (I smell a Keiino scenario with this potentially winning the televote but being bottom 15 with the juries xshrug).

heke1988

This is funny: Jere has before played ice hockey and now someone has put his eliteprospects picture to Käärijä's costume:ROFLMAO::

AliceEsc

I have faith in the juries, that they're going to see outside of their tiny box for once. Probably I'll be trashing them tomorrow night, but till then.. Good luck tonight!

boyardor

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks so, but I'm not feeling the hype of this song. I hope it doesn't make it into the TOP 5. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't

A-lister

Veteran
I have faith in the juries, that they're going to see outside of their tiny box for once. Probably I'll be trashing them tomorrow night, but till then.. Good luck tonight!
If it's the same type of juries since the 50's and onwards, I'm afraid you will be disappointed (just saying).

They are notoriously not open minded, Finland might check all the boxes they usually vote against even so this one will have an uphill battle with the juries... but hey one can still hope..

Datura

oh i'm pretty sure this will win, i expect quite a landslide in the televote.
i notice that the narrative here (in austria) is that sweden is too much copy and paste and the "reporters" are focusing on the negatives instead of the posiives (like eg her vocals which are fantastic and imo miles above almost everybody else.) and outside the esc bubble finland gets lot of praise while sweden does not at all, so i think finland has this in the bag

i think the finish entry is fantastic(ly nuts), but i do think the juries HAVE to keep in mind how bad the vocal performance is, that is why they are here. does not have anything to to with "thinking outside their tiny box", it's their job. not saying that the song doesn't leave a great impression, just saying they have to take this into consideration aswell

Datura

If it's the same type of juries since the 50's and onwards, I'm afraid you will be disappointed (just saying).

They are notoriously not open minded, Finland might check all the boxes they usually vote against even so this one will have an uphill battle with the juries... but hey one can still hope..

but u do know that these people are still individuals and very mixed characters right? older, younger, different musical backgrounds ect... and they HAVE to vote according to some specific "rules" - and vocal performance is one of them. sure, overall impression matters still so i would not rule out a great jury result for finland

Top Bottom