6 2.9%

8 3.8%

20 9.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

ESC94

I am German, but lived 3 years in Vienna. In the beginning, it felt strange since the Austrian language is quite different. You could say it is a kind of dialect, but never say that to an Austrian cause they see their language as an own. ;) But there are different words. For example in German we say "Brötchen" for bread roll, but in Austria they say "Semmel", or we say "Aubergine" for eggplant and in Austria "Melanzani", ect. There are many more words that differs between German and Austrian, but otherwise the written language is the same! :)

Try to order a "Brötchen" in a bakery in ::bava. :LOL:

Sammy

Veteran
Even if Austrians may insist on „their“ language, even if there is a sperate „austrian dictionary“ beside the german „Duden“, even if pronounciation varies a lot in comparison to standard german (but also inbetween austrian dialects) we can consider Austrian and German the same language. There is no seperate grammar, in every official situation standard german is used (not like in Switzerland where even in some part of the TV Programm swiss german is used) and there is no common standardized „Austrian“. People from Vienna have a different „Austrian“ than from Vorarlberg or Tyrol or Carinthia.

To sum it up (in the words of austrian writer Karl Kraus): Nothing devides Austrian and Germans more than their shared language. (not their two languages) :LOL:

ollibox

Forgot about that!

@ollibox In parts of Germany (like in Bavaria) you also say "Semmel".
Ok, thanks for the hint, @mauve !:D
Been mostly in northern and north-western part of Deutchland, so I might be ok with the "Brötchen" issue :LOL:
And overall, I'm not much of a bread-guy anyway. "Ein Bier, bitte" has been my most useful sentence until now :ROFLMAO:

Realest

Even if this Thread got closed from now on, it would still have the most Pages of all.

12Pointsgoto.....

I could go on forever on how happy I am we have chosen LOTL! This is such a novelty for Germany and I don’t care how we end up in May, I‘m just proud they (NDR) let it happen! Once and for all they listened to the fan bubble.
Let us hope for success in Liverpool so that NDR feels incentivised to bring similar entries into the NF next year.

Remembrance

Ahh, forgot to comment on this. Probably the best choice the Germans could make. I like the overall feel and it seems like a more risky choice. Better than another forgettable entry.

Good luck, Germany.

Franzilein

@Franzilein From Fall To Spring will apply next year again, they wrote! ❤️

That's awesome! :love: They seem to be really great live, had been eyeing to go to their concert in Cologne in April, but there weren't any tickets left available sadly (good for them though! :lol:)

But I am just happy there seems to be more rock music related to the ESC again xlove

ollibox

Anybody else thinks that LOTL should open the Final Show? Anyway, I think it would be awsome! :love:
Full fist right to the face of all the audience! Some TV viewers might even forget to go to a toilet break for the 2nd song :ROFLMAO:

midnightsun

Veteran
If you already have to go to the toilet at #2 you have a health problem. :ROFLMAO:

As much as I love to see it open the show the average tv audience would probably be scared too much. Think of the global vote… people around the globe… "This is Europe? Well ok…" :LOL:

ollibox

If you already have to go to the toilet at #2 you have a health problem. :ROFLMAO:

As much as I love to see it open the show the average tv audience would probably be scared too much. Think of the global vote… people around the globe… "This is Europe? Well ok…" :LOL:
Why else they call the #2 spot a "Death Slot"? I thought it was because of the toilet breaks :LOL: It's not that I have a problem. I usually can keep it in during the whole 3-4 hours show :sneaky:
But yeah, maybe it would be too much regarding international viewers (and children). Ok, Finland or Croatia wouldn't be a better choice in this case as well :rolleyes: I guess, Norway, Denmark or Austria would be safe (and suitable) choices then?

Top Bottom