Contact us

Euro 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekholmia

What would be the surprise between Belgium - Portugal? It seems that most of the people expect Belgium to win. I don't have a special favorite in this match, so I can watch it calmly. :)
I can't stand Ronaldo :D ... so I'm routing on Belgium. Yeah most seem to believe Belgium will win but a sport journalist in a news paper I read today also says that people are overrating Belgium. They are facing Portugal after all.

I can't stand Ronaldo :D ... so I'm routing on Belgium. Yeah most seem to believe Belgium will win but a sport journalist in a news paper I read today also says that people are overrating Belgium. They are facing Portugal after all.
Belgium is not overrated. It is the most complete team after France. This does not mean that he will win Euro 2020 but that he is a team to be faced with attention. Unless Switzerland gives us another surprise, France is the team to beat and ... we must also fear England because if they reach the semifinals and the final they play at home.

mauve

Veteran
And I thought I was the only one not liking Ronaldo! :) I don't like him either, so I am probably rooting a bit more for Belgium. ;)

ekzuu

What would be the surprise between Belgium - Portugal? It seems that most of the people expect Belgium to win. I don't have a special favorite in this match, so I can watch it calmly. :)
Yeah, good for you, I have a favourite and I'm so scared :( Why does my favourite have to play France, Germany, Belgium, all the heavy hitters, and if they win it would continue like that :(
Also, to me it remains incomprehensible, why would anyone not like Cristiano Ronaldo, but I guess everyone has their opinion. In my opinion he's literally the best player in the world.

Yeah, good for you, I have a favourite and I'm so scared :( Why does my favourite have to play France, Germany, Belgium, all the heavy hitters, and if they win it would continue like that :(
Also, to me it remains incomprehensible, why would anyone not like Cristiano Ronaldo, but I guess everyone has their opinion. In my opinion he's literally the best player in the world.
He doesn't like it because he is a winner and a winner looks arrogant. The famous "loneliness of champions".

Ronaldo is currently the best but it is necessary to define in what sense he is the best: as Pelé said "Ronaldo is a complete and performing player". However qualitatively Messi and Neymar are stronger and in the past there have been clearly superior players: Crujff (for game viewing), Maradona (for the progression in dribbling, the agonistic nastiness and his being decisive), Pelé (for the magic that only O Rei could donate) and Garrincha (out of irreverence and because the Brazilian composed art by playing football).

Miloutchi

I like Ronaldo too! I can understand why people may not like him, but it is so misplaced imo.

+ I like the Portuguese team in general as well and I don’t really like Belgium.

I used to root for Belgium, but that has all changed since I live here and got to hear what they say on television and radio and all about other teams. + My friends from Belgium don’t even care about football - and the one that does also supports Portugal. So I don’t have to support Belgium for their sake either.

HayashiM

Veteran
I had to do some last minute holiday shopping so I couldn't actually watch the match, but thanks to all who cheered on us, especially @mauve :) And thank you to @H.P. Lovecraft for being our lucky charm - any chance at another post about us having 0% chance, please? It'd worked out quite well this time :p ;)

A little prediction of my own: the :en: is usually kinda overrated for many factors, one of which is the :uk: driving most of the betting markets and local fans usually betting on their own sqad, which optically improves their odds compared to reality (it's very similar here in :cz: with our ice-hockey national team). I don't say the :en: are chanceless, but my money would be on die Mannschaft. The :de: had a tougher group to get through and to me, they really felt more like still warming up.

mauve

Veteran
As a player he is certainly great. But he often seems so arrogant in his behaviour... that's why I can't find myself liking him. But maybe I am wrong and he is a nice guy? :)

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
YAAASSSSS BUH-BYE P**TU**L!!!!!

33Ch.gif

Looren

Veteran
Bismillah rahman rahim those bastards really scared me :lol:

Thankfully Courtois was there and we made it !

ekzuu

xcry
Belgium had luck, Portugal had some 100% chances, but managed to not realize them, so unlucky :( Belgium was also very good in defence, putting pressure on Portugal's attack... we have talked that they are good in attack, but they showed they can be organized in defence as well, actually tonight their attack was not so good. It will be interesting match with Italy for sure, I wish good luck to Italy, it's a tough nut to crack, but definitely not impossible. I wanna think they're gonna give initiative away like they did with Portugal and play for counter attacks, but we shall see. Now my favourite is out, but there are still some teams I can root for, but still :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom