Adrenalina (Adrenalina)
Just one touch and I'll ignite
I'm a flame on dynamite
So high on adrenaline
You're my adrenalina​

Last edited by a moderator:

MopManMoss

Veteran
San Marino was in my top 5 this yeah and of course I'm disappointed with them flopping but its stuff like this that makes me love eurovision, theres something beautiful about seeing an out of tune former dentist and gameshow host from turkey getting 52 more televotes for San Marino than an American rapper that's sold 80 million records. Do feel really sorry for Senhit though

I bims

Veteran
Robbed. How did it not do well with televotes is a mystery.
The staging was really messy, her vocals were dominated by the backing track and the viewers aren't just voting for you because you managed to get an american rapper to be with you on stage. Everyone thought the viewers want pop bangers due to covid but they actually wanted something more unique.

henhu

I just realised that Valentina Monetta got more televoting points in 2014 final... And also in semi-final.

I bims

Veteran
I just realised that Valentina Monetta got more televoting points in 2014 final... And also in semi-final.
The bookmakers really believed the hype because they gave San Marino and Switzerland similar chances at winning the televote. Well....

mauve

Veteran
I saw it coming. Not the less Jury votes, but the televotes when the recap was shown. The song completely went down. It was not special and unique enough for the average viewer. ESC bubble is something completely different.

Sammy

Veteran
I think there were too many songs that snitched each other the points because they appealed to a similar taste: Cyprus, Moldova, Azerbaijan, San Marino, Serbia. Not that they are all the same, but I suppose if for instance one of these hadn't been in the final, the others would have profited from it considerably.

empo21

Veteran
It seems like the hype was in the online fandom only. I feel like if they had credited Flo Rida, they would've had more pre-show attention (but they couldn't really do that since Flo's appearance was never 100% sure).

Anyway 13 pts is still shocking, but all the pop girls flopped the televote xcry

I'm grateful for this shot, though. Senhit is shook and Flo Rida is still trying to process what Eurovision is (like Nikkie says 'Take it all in, honey')
lVO5Dj0.png

musicfan

I think there were too many songs that snitched each other the points because they appealed to a similar taste: Cyprus, Moldova, Azerbaijan, San Marino, Serbia. Not that they are all the same, but I suppose if for instance one of these hadn't been in the final, the others would have profited from it considerably.
Or too many thought we should have a fun song this year.

Lonter

I thought Senhit actually did great in the final. Certainly much better than in the semi. And Flo Rida was excellent as well of course.

I think the main issue was... well, Adrenalina itself? Like, it's a bop but it was a strong final and after so many strong performances well, the song felt a bit weaker?

Still surprised it "flopped" that hard, but it feels like one of these things that on hindsight one goes "oh that makes sense".
In any case, great to see San Marino and Senhit back in the final and use their extra year to change their likely non-qualification with Freaky to this (and well, also her non-qf with Stand By). Even if it did worse than expected it's still not a bad result for San Marino.

tararaaam

To be really honest, I think many people did not vote for it because of how we all expected it’s gonna do decently, so there was not much need for extra support. She appeared last, it made lots of noise, she had Flo Rida. Everyone probably thought that she will do well and there is no need for more votes.

Lance Esgard

The Spotify Viral 50 included Je Me Cassi and Mata Hari and both of those didn't get much televotes either.

This year being popular didn't mean as much if you weren't one of the most popular entries around and it was clear San Marino was never one of those. It didn't get that much views or streams and the visual performance was relatively static and lacking in energy.

It still could have done real well, but it lacked that extra bit that would get people to vote for it over other entries or against expectations of the result.

VikingTiger

To be really honest, I think many people did not vote for it because of how we all expected it’s gonna do decently, so there was not much need for extra support. She appeared last, it made lots of noise, she had Flo Rida. Everyone probably thought that she will do well and there is no need for more votes.

....and what about Italy? If you use the same agrument here there would be no reason to vote for them since they were first in the odds.
I think we need to look for other reasons. I was suprised that San Marino didn't do better with the televoters. My main theory has already been mentioned; too many female bobs that split the votes.

tararaaam

....and what about Italy? If you use the same agrument here there would be no reason to vote for them since they were first in the odds.
I think we need to look for other reasons. I was suprised that San Marino didn't do better with the televoters. My main theory has already been mentioned; too many female bobs that split the votes.
The difference is that Italy could create fanatics, while San Marino was more like “that’s fun, but no need to vote for it”.

Funix

The song was honestly quiet nice and I was confident that it will be placed in top 10 after it was published. HOWEVER what on earth was she and her team doing with the stage setup and her look!? I think it was totally destroyed by that and her limited singing capacity in both the semi and the final. The Flo Rider add-on was a total mess in the way it was implemented on the stage

Top Bottom