But everybody knows
Everybody knows
We’re born to the fight

Hey child
Why ya hiding from the light?​

Last edited by a moderator:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
If you look at the lineup for Semi 1, I'd say your chances are very high. Your only other traditional ballad rival there is Macedonia (although Malta could perhaps provide a third). The semi on paper looks a whole lot weaker than last year, some countries returning with much less competitive offerings (Israel, Norway, Russia) and then you have some artists returning with risky songs such as Australia. I'd say this was the most dangerous place to be in 2020 but not this time. It's pretty open right now, and Ana is providing something that can easily pick up support. It's safe to say Amen will be a jury favourite, but I think public can be onboard too.

theditz83

Veteran
After adding this to my Spotify playlist this morning and giving the whole playlist a couple of playthroughs, I am now convinced that this is going to trouble the bottom half of my Top 10 again.

I am a sucker for an overly dramatic ballad delivered by a powerhouse vocalist, but this is without a doubt the best from this year. I adore that key change and the big drums kicking in with the choir - all very moreish.

I'm upping my score to :8: xup

midnightsun

Veteran
well esc in Slovenia is quite popular, sometimes it is bashed and it is often marked as a gay festival or festival of trash music (especially among boomers hahah), but in reality it is always the most watched tv show of the year :)

Same here. For a contest that is so mocked and bashed by a lot of people it’s always one of the most watched shows of the year... 😉 That‘s why all the demands to withdraw that come up regularly are pretty useless. We would be dumb to ditch the opportunity!

By the way, I still love the song, it’s #5 in my top 10 at the moment.

ZoboCamel

I didn't go much on Voda last year, and I wasn't the biggest fan of Amen when it was revealed either... but this has probably been my biggest grower out of the chosen songs!

I feel like I need to have a generic-but-competent power ballad somewhere in my top 5 or at least top 10 every year; I had Albania last year, but after missing out on Kelle ma Soitan in Finland that spot's been quite sadly empty this year. Slovenia might be filling it up if it continues to grow like this though xheat

Upgrading to :8: points~

Last edited:

Ianp16

Amen is growing on me more and more. I really really hope this slays in the semi final. Now most of the songs have been released I think this has massive potential to stand out.

Also, watching The Honest Vocal Coach stan this entry made me love it even more...

I might have missed this but where is there a 3 minute version? Has it been released yet?

Ali_

Amen is growing on me more and more. I really really hope this slays in the semi final. Now most of the songs have been released I think this has massive potential to stand out.

Also, watching The Honest Vocal Coach stan this entry made me love it even more...

I might have missed this but where is there a 3 minute version? Has it been released yet?

It's on Spotify 🙂

crashworld

Veteran
Now that all songs have been released (except Belarus, but I doubt I will like the artist's song to make a huge change).
I am re-evaluating all songs as per studio form and re-looking into my grading system and how I have ranked the songs according to my personal preference.

Slovenia has took a large tumble down and it's now in my 5th least favourite song from the contest.
Ana is really a good vocalist, but the song and the message is just not for me. And I don't even find myself want to listen to the song at all. So I am downgrading this to a :2:.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
There's much to like here I think: beautiful, sexy lady with a good voice singing a good dramatic power-ballad with a kind of gospel arrangement. Slovenia are often underappreciated in ESC as we have seen over the years, but I think this deserves to be in the final. 7p from me.

Iker

Veteran
There's much to like here I think: beautiful, sexy lady with a good voice singing a good dramatic power-ballad with a kind of gospel arrangement. Slovenia are often underappreciated in ESC as we have seen over the years, but I think this deserves to be in the final. 7p from me.
I usually dislike entries from Slovenia and this one fits this mould too. But at least it is not embarrassing like 'Naradnozabavni Rock' (I hate folk rock music) or 'On My Way'.

For me only Slovenian entries from 1995 , 1997, 2005 (was robbed of the final that year, 'Stop' still gives me goosebumps and actually sounds more modern than his cheesy entry from 2017, lol) , 2011, 2015, 2019 & maybe 2018 (albeit it took me a lot of time to start digging that) were good ... wait it is actually quite a lot. Much more than in the case of bigger countries like the UK.

Last edited:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
I usually dislike entries from Slovenia and this one fits this mould too. But at least it is not embarrassing like 'Naradnozabavni Rock' or 'On My Way'.

For me only Slovenian entries from 1995 (was robbed of the final in my view, it still gives me goosebumps, 'Stop' actually sounds more modern than his cheesy entry from 2017, lmao), 1997, 2005, 2011, 2015, 2019 & maybe 2018 (albeit it took me a lot of time to start digging that) were good ... wait it is actually quite a lot. Much more than in the case of bigger countries like the UK.
It is always a matter of personal taste in music.

My favourite ESC-entries from :sl: Slovenia are:

1. ESC 1997 'Zbudi se' (a true gem I think, love it still)
2. ESC 2001 'Energy'
3. ESC 2005 'Stop'
4. ESC 2007 'Cvet z juga'

I also liked their entries in 1995, 1999, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2014.

xup

Top Bottom