But everybody knows
Everybody knows
We’re born to the fight

Hey child
Why ya hiding from the light?​

Last edited by a moderator:

rasmuslights

Veteran
like I very rarely feel optimistic about our chances of qualifying but weirdly enough I'm like 80 % sure we will qualify this year. It's the only typical ballad in the semi (also kinda Macedonia but that song is just bad and cringy) with literally only Romania and kinda Belgium and Norway being the other three ballads. Ana's voice is technically speaking the best in the semi and the song is good enough to make it through at least in the 10th position imo.

rasmuslights

Veteran
and I know I'm Slovene, but it's not like I'm overrating our entry since I have it like in second to last position (only Macedonia behind it) haha. But it is growing on me tho.

Iker

Veteran
and I know I'm Slovene, but it's not like I'm overrating our entry since I have it like in second to last position (only Macedonia behind it) haha. But it is growing on me tho.
Good for you. I feel like there are certain people who will always defend their entry even if secretly they dislike it, I am not a fan of such nationalistic attitude.

Iker

Veteran
It is always a matter of personal taste in music.

My favourite ESC-entries from :sl: Slovenia are:

1. ESC 1997 'Zbudi se' (a true gem I think, love it still)
2. ESC 2001 'Energy'
3. ESC 2005 'Stop'
4. ESC 2007 'Cvet z juga'

I also liked their entries in 1995, 1999, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2014.

xup
What about 2015? This was my favourite Sloveniab entry ever. But 1997 is one of my favourites too, very magical.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
What about 2015? This was my favourite Sloveniab entry ever. But 1997 is one of my favourites too, very magical.
Slovenia 2015 was nice too, reason I have it a bit further down my list is I like the melody more than the singer's voice.

Slovenia 1997 was indeed magical, a gorgeous piece of music xlove

Iker

Veteran
Slovenia 2015 was nice too, reason I have it a bit further down my list is I like the melody more than the singer's voice.

Slovenia 1997 was indeed magical, a gorgeous piece of music xlove
For me Marjetka's ... unique voice was one of its biggest assets! But then again I have a soft spot for this kind of voices (Macy Gray has a sorta similar voice!).

lasse braun

a way too pathetic - boring ballad - the voice is good but the song?
maybe a jurydarling,because many jurys from the last years have voted the voice only.
after the very good acts lea sirk & sebi i have expected something more in this fresh pop direction hmmm.
:1:

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Needless to say, "Amen" is much better than "Sebi". As a matter of fact, this is the most "un-Slovenian" entry ever, aka one of the few good songs out of a pretty bad ESC-country, so I wish Ana all the best. Once again, haters are just losing it.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Needless to say, "Amen" is much better than "Sebi". As a matter of fact, this is the most "un-Slovenian" entry ever, aka one of the few good songs out of a pretty bad ESC-country, so I wish Ana all the best. Once again, haters are just losing it.

as a Slovene I disagree, Sebi was the best slovenian entry, Amen is just fine... (I'd describe my country as fine quality wise though - kinda a hit or miss)

hungo

usually i like gospel. but this is not very sophisticated, especially the lyrics. too bad for Ana. she is such a great singer with a very special voice. this song is not made for her.

Franzilein

I usually have a hard time connecting with ballads, but this one is actually super... catchy? Like; you remember it instantly, which is always a good sign, and her voice has that indescribable x-factor: you will identify Ana's among hundreds. Hope people won't sleep on this one, if she nails it live she deserves a place in the final.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Let's also remember that Slovenia is that country that gave us that... thing that makes the videos where it comments on the ESC-songs in front of its wardrobe.

Franzilein

But, But, Amen isn't a ballad, Ana and RTSLO SURELY wouldn't lie to us.

(no i am never, EVER letting that go. ever.)

What did they say it is? :oops:

MAD20

Okay this has grown on me, she's vocally flawless. I can see her qualifying thanks to juries. Upgrading to :7:.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
But, But, Amen isn't a ballad, Ana and RTSLO SURELY wouldn't lie to us.

(no i am never, EVER letting that go. ever.)

I have a feeling they might have changed the song after the it's not a ballad thing. Remember initially it was going to be a three(?) song NF and then they scrapped that idea. I imagine they changed their mind again with the song as Amen certainly is a ballad.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I think that they originally said that Ana's song is going to be uptempo ... or did they say "not a ballad"? I can't remember exactly, but I remember being completely surprised when it WAS a ballad. :rolleyes:

yeah I think there was a change of something I guess hence why we got a ballad, could be just personal reasons to rather pick a ballad, maybe the original song was withdrawn.. who knows

Top Bottom