I gave it up, I gave it up, because
He tells me I'm his angel, I'm his angel
Oh-oh-oh, el diablo, el diablo, oh-oh
I fell in love, I fell in love
I gave my heart to el diablo, el diablo

El diablo​

Last edited by a moderator:

John1

I mean, they're a small country to start with, but if CyBC can get Panik to release the song, it astounds me how they haven't used Panik's in-house writer (they're a big label after all).
they should use some writers from this record company tbh

But Hungary did not leave due to the juries, you know that's not true. The juries also have rewarded Hungary in the past.
Indeed, Hungary was apparently placed second in the back-up jury vote in 2007. Also, the juries do not judge entries by originality but by technical aspects as @A-lister has stated before (vocal capabilities, performance, song composition, show presentation, "politics" and so on...).

In El Diablo's case, the juries might reward it depending on how well Elena's live performance fare and how accessible the show is to them. If Fuego is the blueprint to go by, I think the presentation is everything for El Diablo to succeed. Even if Replay was among the fan-favorites and people who invested in it really loved the song, The package of Tamta's entry wasn't accessible as what most people inside the Eurovision-bubble makes out to be.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
Plus Eurovision isn't even supposed to be about current music anyway, or at least that's not what it set it out to be in the first place. That's why we love it, otherwise I may just listened to the Top 100 Radio and not bother.

This is obviously not the Hungarian thread so I will wrap this up by saying that you state your opinion as a fact which is confusing. You can rationalize your position until the cows come home but the broadcaster has never made a statement about the juries being the reason for withdrawal. When a lurker sees your statement, it just looks like you are stating a fact so it's quite misleading.

The concept of Eurovision is to have songs representing their countries, now we can have different interpretations of that, but if someone says that means that it's a platform for dated ballads and Pop songs in English then I dunno...

The Hungarian broadcaster never stated an official reason really, so my analysis is just as correct as anyone else's, I'm just putting 1+1 together but everyone are free to believe it's the "LGBT" and "conservative government" claims that's been thrown around forums and blogs without any proof what-so-ever, then at least my idea seems more legit.

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
Veeeeery lady gaga. It could be out of one of her records. Literally. I quite like it and with a good performance it’s a contender to win the whole thing.

A-lister

Veteran
Also, the juries do not judge entries by originality but by technical aspects as @A-lister has stated before (vocal capabilities, performance, song composition, show presentation, "politics" and so on...).
Well that's an understatement...

If people still believe the juries aren't biased against originality and local sounding songs then they are just putting the blind eye to stats, and to claim that only dated generic English language ballads and "safe-Pop" had the best "technical aspects" and deliveries is just not accurate (different taste aside).

BorisBubbles

Veteran
A perfectly adequate Cypriot entry. Take a :6: for now.

Loindici

Veteran

Preuss

It's quite alright/good... getting some Lady Gaga vibes here obviously but it's not the banger I hoped it would be

7 points.

hijirio

Veteran
Female ✅
Upbeat ✅
Lady Gaga-esque ✅
Spread legs drop the puss on the floor ✅
Iconic Panik Records product placement ✅✅✅✅✅✅

Screen-Shot-2021-02-24-at-19-02-23.png

Screen-Shot-2021-02-24-at-19-04-55.png

There you have it, Head&Shoulders certified :12: from me

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Oh, I see the Lady Gaga Comparisons here. Yeah that makes sense. This is imitation Gaga, but like... a very generic attempt at it lol. Nondescript 2010s Lady Gaga anthem, sure, that's ok to me. (but also nothing more than 'ok'.)

Well that's an understatement...

If people still believe the juries aren't biased against originality and local sounding songs then they are just putting the blind eye to stats, and to claim that only dated generic English language ballads and "safe-Pop" had the best "technical aspects" and deliveries is just not accurate (different taste aside).
Yeah, kind of...
There is indeed subjectivity (corruption) in the jury voting which makes them biased like the average televoter. The difference is that the televoter has a more innocent and spontaneous perspective on why he/she vote (taste, hype, accessibility, reaction based on the viewer's first impression, "diaspora" and much more...)

BorisBubbles

Veteran
What are the characteristics of a Cypriot entry for you? Asking for a friend xcookie
In broad strokes, anything that Greece could have sent instead (a barely dressed woman with an uptempo gayfriendly banger), but won't because Greece suck at life now, plus an added layer of sheer DESPERATION to emulate Eleni at every turn (though this song is NOTHING like 'Fuego' and major props for that).

So yeah, 'nondescript gaga bop' really fits that bill perfectly for me lol.

Sammy

Veteran
The product placement is appalling! It's so pushy! xpuke

As for the song: the chorus is great! I enjoy this a lot. The verses for most parts of it are nice, I'm not so convinced by the children's song and the spanish spoken/whispered parts.... makes the song fall apart a bit.

All in all I quite like it! A solid 8 for the moment.

Top Bottom