Reach up to heaven
To you

I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Yeah I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
And I'm still not sure
What you ever saw in me

No, I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Tryna fly, but I'm not able, so
Just let me go (I'm a, I'm a fallen angel)
'Cause no matter where my heart is
There's no way I'll ever
Reach up to heaven
To you​

Last edited by a moderator:

MalagaToledo

Banned
Most reactions are objective, factual, honest and truthful and 99% of reactions are like that for fallen angel. They think the song and performance are very bad and one of the worst in the history of esc.

But there is one man whose name i won't say who put fallen angel before Monument. I don't know what sane person could do that or what his motivation for that was, but i only know this. also before you attack me, it has nothing to do with taste.. He did something what poli Genova would say Na Inat... Again, his Name i won't mention because he has lost all credibility for quite some time even before 2020. So i don't take him and his reactions seriously.

Jopi

I agree, it is really melodic, but I don't think there's any chance for Norwegian.. And it's weird, since as I understood, the song was originaly written for someone else in english.

RomanFromRussia

Got back, cause I can. And I need to say a couple of things here.

WE. NEED. JURIES. As an institute. All this bullsh*t about their Swedish-Australian-Maltese bias is not about them as an institute, it is a thing about the certain persons in it. They need to balance quality & entertainment in the shows. And this has been important to me since 2019 when Keiino won the televote. Yes, it was the choice of the public. But the public in Spain voted against same-sex marriage in the past. Choice of the public too. Democracy does not work when it comes to sensitive issues such as music quality (melodies, arrangements, vocal issues, originality). But also, this is not the point about the 100% jurors, we need entertainment too. The public can vote for quality sometimes, and entertainment is not their only criteria. (Joke entries can have more quality than the ones pretending to be "quality" ones, like "En godt stekt pizza" has more quality than "What if" from Dina Garipova.)

BUT this is a competition, a fair one, a music one, a cultural one. MGP, Eurovision are cultural events, here their results should support true talent in performing, in creating, etc., the model of balancing the experts and public works perfectly here.

TIX for me is a bad winner of MGP. As KEIINO would be. As KEIINO were in 2019. But when it comes to TIX here I can see at least an attempt to bring irony to the stage. This is an attack on cheesy ESC songs that kinda make it a bad reputation. This is the only thing I like about it. But this will not exist in my player. I do not see quality here. But ok, such entries can exist.
My faves were "Let Loose", "Faith bloody faith", "I can't escape" and "My lonely voice".

Monument and Feel again were my bottom-2. Like, what the hell they were doing in the automatic finalists' list?

Loindici

Veteran
Isn't this year the last one for Stig Karlsen?

Elina UA

Most reactions are objective, factual, honest and truthful and 99% of reactions are like that for fallen angel. They think the song and performance are very bad and one of the worst in the history of esc.

But there is one man whose name i won't say who put fallen angel before Monument. I don't know what sane person could do that or what his motivation for that was, but i only know this. also before you attack me, it has nothing to do with taste.. He did something what poli Genova would say Na Inat... Again, his Name i won't mention because he has lost all credibility for quite some time even before 2020. So i don't take him and his reactions seriously.
Could you please go to the Ukrainian thread? We won't reach 100 pages without your buttburn hatred. I'm serious. #hype

A-lister

Veteran
Got back, cause I can. And I need to say a couple of things here.

WE. NEED. JURIES. As an institute. All this bullsh*t about their Swedish-Australian-Maltese bias is not about them as an institute, it is a thing about the certain persons in it. They need to balance quality & entertainment in the shows. And this has been important to me since 2019 when Keiino won the televote. Yes, it was the choice of the public. But the public in Spain voted against same-sex marriage in the past. Choice of the public too. Democracy does not work when it comes to sensitive issues such as music quality (melodies, arrangements, vocal issues, originality). But also, this is not the point about the 100% jurors, we need entertainment too. The public can vote for quality sometimes, and entertainment is not their only criteria. (Joke entries can have more quality than the ones pretending to be "quality" ones, like "En godt stekt pizza" has more quality than "What if" from Dina Garipova.)

BUT this is a competition, a fair one, a music one, a cultural one. MGP, Eurovision are cultural events, here their results should support true talent in performing, in creating, etc., the model of balancing the experts and public works perfectly here.

TIX for me is a bad winner of MGP. As KEIINO would be. As KEIINO were in 2019. But when it comes to TIX here I can see at least an attempt to bring irony to the stage. This is an attack on cheesy ESC songs that kinda make it a bad reputation. This is the only thing I like about it. But this will not exist in my player. I do not see quality here. But ok, such entries can exist.
My faves were "Let Loose", "Faith bloody faith", "I can't escape" and "My lonely voice".

Monument and Feel again were my bottom-2. Like, what the hell they were doing in the automatic finalists' list?

As if the juries vote for quality... it's probably the biggest myth out there :lol:

FilipFromSweden

As if the juries vote for quality... it's probably the biggest myth out there :lol:

Bitch, the public put Russia 11th in the semi televote 2018 (easily one of the worst vocal performances of all time and a big nothing of a song), don't act like people got taste

A-lister

Veteran
Bitch, the public put Russia 11th in the semi televote 2018 (easily one of the worst vocal performances of all time and a big nothing of a song), don't act like people got taste

Bitch?, they (the juries) also had North Macedonia as their winner in 2019 and a bunch of other odd choices throughout the years, now people can love that entry (and the other jury favs) all they want but it shows how out-of-touch the juries are with music (and always has been if we go back in ESC history). I mean yeah, if people really want ESC to go back to sounding like it's 30-40 years behind, then sure be my guest, but is it really something we want to go back to?

Sure, there will always be some entries that will unfairly do better due to diaspora votes etc, and while I understand the purpose of bringing back juries on paper, we also see that the public seem to have a general more open mind towards music and are overall more willing to support risk taking entries, entries in local languages, entries with local flavor etc. and the issues we had with for instance diaspora or bloc voting isn't as prominent in the televoting any longer, and it's not as if the juries aren't showcasing their bias against certain countries in voting either? Again if they were only put in the contest to help western countries and promote generic dated English language Pop entries and dated uninspired ballads then thank you but no thank you to such "expertise".

Also, Eurovision isn't a singing talent show as the juries treat it, it's a contest to find the best original song, obviously I don't support bad singing and it shouldn't be overlooked, but I think you understand what I mean here. Again, what's the purpose of having original songs if it doesn't count in the end of the day? xshrug

Last edited:

crashworld

Veteran

But I like "I Won't Break" despite vocally live it was horrendous. LOL. In studio version, it's my no. 2 of that year's competition. Yes, it's bizarre.

Sammy

Veteran

In this video he's referring to himself as "ugly duckling" and "swan". These notions taken of course from the famous story by Hans Christian Anderson are often used as metaphor to describe the coming-out of a gay man. (Also the story by Anderson is seen today as a way of subtexyting the authors homosexuality).
Is TIX here using this gay subtext-metaphor for his struggle with his tourette or do our Norwegian friends here know if there's more to it? I mean - basically it doesn't matter of course but the use of these notions made me wonder.

MalagaToledo

Banned

He is straight. But his sexuality won't change my mind about his song. His straight also brother liked interesting posts from one account.

Gitte

Having a neurological disability can often lead to depression, mental health issues, dark thoughts, etc. I wouldn't go over it lightly.

You are -factually- correct;however. Tourette's isn't a mental disability, just like how 'Asperger Syndrome' (or whatever it's called now) isn't a disability, and we should not treat TIX any different on a human level because of it. He's like us, just a bit different in his behaviour. So long as we remain aware that he is playing the Game of Life on a higher difficulty setting that most others.

I think his song sucks independently from his background tho oop...x
I am currently being assesed for autism (which asperger's is) and most autistic people very much consider it a disability and big part of themselves. (Hence the 'autistic' and not 'person with autism' the same way you wouldn't say 'person with blindness') Not a disability in a 'can't do anything' way, but no disability is like that.

Anyway, on topic, you simply triggered me lol.

Top Bottom