Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices​

Last edited by a moderator:

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
and also stop with this bs that Sweden prefers men. Like last year literally the top 3 consisted of women, so your argument just goes down the drain. And I'm saying this as someone who had Nathalie and Kadiatou in DTF/AC. Nathalie isn't famous enough and is just a newcomer, while Kadiatou performance wasn't the best. And about Jessica.. it just seems that housewives preferred that boy band.
You're as problematic as Sweden with this statement.

-

I hope public outrage escalates due to this scandal.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Trust me Sweden likes women, it just happens now and then that they don't go trough, there is no proof whatsoever that this has anything to do with gender. Yes that happened last year (top 4 of women) but that doesn't matter it happened..

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Oh please! Read some studies on the matter, then speak of denial! The world does not stop at the rim of MF.

It's not just MF, it's a problem that's investing all the ESC-bubble indeed.

Fluke

Kadiatou had some potential, but the vocals were very weak. Maybe she can come back and slay like Loreen did, not too sure though.

Lillasyster was good overall, though the vocals were really thin, the overall entertainment value made it work. The song had too many style changes, it lost all the energy almost as soon as it achieved any. AC isn't bad though, it might make the final anyway.

Jessica Andersson and Paul Rey were super boring, no doubt they could both do better. Nathalie i kind of liked, at least better than the previous two, though she resembles Dotter too much, it would have been weird if they had both made the final.

Arvingarna was just total crap. I can see they're very professional, but the song is an awful ripoff, and tacky and outdated as hell, literally. I guess old people only voted for them and Jessica.

Danny totally deserved the final, though. It's nothing "Amazing" but it's a great production, both staging and musically, and good to see some contemporary pop in Swedish, which has always been missing from the entire contest for some reason.

Interval acts were predictably boring, who cares. I bet many others here also found the overall presentation really stiff and stilted, Christer Björkman is not really a on-screen person so it's no shock but Lena Philipsson has previously hosted various TV shows, so i'm surprised at how awkward she came off trying to be funny and connect with the audience.

You could really tell something important was missing and it just felt empty and silent in between their lines. Clearly it was weird for them trying to interact with an audience that wasn't there, the "fake big venue" concept didn't really work and they might change it a bit for the next episodes.

Sammy

Veteran
It's not just MF, it's a problem that's investing all the ESC-bubble indeed.
That's why I said: read some studies on the matter of gender and Sweden and you'll may step out of YOUR bubble and see that you hardly find a country worldwide where gender equality is more realized. Don't use your musical taste to discuss social politics.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
That's why I said: read some studies on the matter of gender and Sweden and you'll may step out of YOUR bubble and see that you hardly find a country worldwide where gender equality is more realized. Don't use your musical taste to discuss social politics.

Uhm... am I not doing that? I'm just limiting myself at a discussion of how the things go in the eurofandom.

Mrm

Veteran
I rank in the final now:

1. Danny Saucedo - "Dandi dansa" 6/10
2. Arvingarna - "Tanker inte alls ga hem" 2/10

I rank in AC now:

1. Paul Rey - "Missing piece" 6/10
2. Lillasyster - "Pretender" 3/10

In the next Heat I'm waiting for Eva Rydberg & Ewa Roos and Dotter the most, for now..

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

It is a little ironic that a country with a reputation for being so advanced on gender equity has a music industry that allows men to be a level of mediocre that they would never accept from women.

EDITED to add link to photo

Top Bottom