6 3.2%

28 15.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Sweden-scaled.jpg

A-lister

Veteran
LOOK AT THE PICTURE, SHE IS 16 IN THE FIRST ONE! She isn't even allowed to do that in Sweden at that age. And if you look closely she looks the same. I don't like people that makes assumptions like that, especially on young girls. Sometimes you have to actually think before you write, cause you are always, almost weekly, during ESC-season at least, on the edge of saying something you might regret or hurt people by.

Aaaaw...

Already moved on though, it's past day's discussion really, song is still a dated bland TeenPop, fillers or no fillers.... and no, no regrets really... but I see people are sensitive on the topic so I already moved past it... and many people say lots of crazy stuff in here, at least I try my best to avoid going into personal attacks on other forum members...

Anyways, sorry if I offended some delicate souls, wasn't my intention... I know it might sound ironic but truly, isn't my intention, however it would be good if people wouldn't take comments made on a third person they don't even know so personal, it's a bit juvenile to have this "I need to defend my fav"-mentality (not directed at you, just generally speaking).

wtf

It's gonna be 2012 again. A battle between Swedish pop and Russian kitsch.

Mainshow

Veteran
Mohombi suffers from malaria.

Pretty sure he won't be able to take part this Saturday. I hope he fully recovers soon.

A-lister

Veteran
Mohombi suffers from malaria.

Pretty sure he won't be able to take part this Saturday. I hope he fully recovers soon.

Oh, I didn't know he actually lives in Kongo!? I know he is half Congolese, but thought he lived in Sweden.

Don't like the song but hope he gets well....

FilipFromSweden

Anyways, sorry if I offended some delicate souls, wasn't my intention...

Either apologize or don’t. Put your half-assed passive-agressive apology somewhere else. It’s just gross how much you want to tear down 19yo Hanna Ferm, mostly for her looks and the way she moves. I have never seen you talk botox or sexual insecurity about a man during my 8 years here

A-lister

Veteran
Either apologize or don’t. Put your half-assed passive-agressive apology somewhere else. It’s just gross how much you want to tear down 19yo Hanna Ferm, mostly for her looks and the way she moves. I have never seen you talk botox or sexual insecurity about a man during my 8 years here

And who is she to you? Do you even know her?...

I think you didn't even get my original message tbh as you continue claiming I meant something I didn't (except for the Botox part, but not about sexual insecurity though), the insecurity comment had nothing to do with sexuality or stage show so either go back read it again or I can tell you (again) that that's not what I referred to. But yes, I did compare to Dotter's performance, but not in the way you might have understood it. Contrary to many on this forum I have always supported female acts right to be "sexual" (if that's what they want and are comfortable with), so clearly during your 8 years here you must have either missed many of my posts or severely misunderstood them.

And I do comment guys as well, so again you must have missed my posts , or just now pick and choose to create a false narrative.

reginanoctis

Since it seems like we might get a top 3 with only women, I wondered when that last happened ... Turns out the last time was in 1987! We've had a top 3 with just men four times since then (1989, 2007, 2011, 2018) so it would be about time.

I also realised just how much the 2010s were dominated by male acts: of the 30 top 3 acts, 3 were mixed, 6 were women, and a whopping 21 were men. The 00s were way more equal: 8 mixed, 11 women, 11 men.

A-lister

Veteran
@Schlagerman1 @FilipFromSweden

Just to clarify a bit, since I'm really not out to create an unnecessary argument with people based partly on misunderstandings as well as presumptions about me, if you're willing to hear me out that is?

My comment about Hanna was in the context of an ongoing discussion which started earlier in the thread (can't remember by who now) claiming that her stage show was supposedly intentionally "sexual" and that she's "selling it" with her looks and movements, which I actually happen to disagree with, on the contrary I find the staging rather sexless and while Hanna is attractive (I actually never stated she wasn't!), I don't see any intentional "sex sells" in this particular performance, sure most acts want to look "attractive" on stage, but that's not the same thing. If someone finds her "sexy", then that's their prerogative, but I don't think she uses it intentionally in her stage show.

As for my assumptions about her having had some minor "jobs" done to her face, that is at least the way it looks to me, and I'm not the first one to point that out either in the thread, now pointing such things out are maybe irrelevant and here I can agree with you guys that it can be understood the wrong way, but the comment should be understood of the general context, also my point was that if she actually done something like that, I find it unnecessary partly because she is already attractive as she is and I don't see the need for it simply, and also because in such a young age it seems really the wrong way to go, hence my comment about "insecurity".

Later on there was a comparison with Dotter's performance, which imo is "sexy" (yet classy), and I simply argued as to why I find that one "sexy" and Hanna's not, but like I already pointed out unlike some other people I don't think Hanna intentionally uses "sex" to sell her stage show in the first place, and if that was the case I don't really see it, and naturally her being still in her teens it does make sense that Dotter does come across as more "authentic" in that aspect, now I don't believe Dotter intentionally try to "sell sex" either, I think she does it though quite naturally in a cool way.

I'm not sure if my points became more clearer now, but at least I hope so. Sometimes when you write short and fast comments, they can come across as rather clumsy at times, especially if taken out of or not understood by the context they're given.

• Like It
Reactions: Uto

LastDreamer

Banned
I don't want to see Mamas on Eurovision, but also started to worry about Felix's win.

Top Bottom