4 1.9%

14 6.8%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Lithuania-scaled.jpg

Alaska49

Eurovizijos had the best national selection the previous two years though. :p
imo absolutely not lol. it was good last year, which was already surprising (to me lithuania was always one of the weakest eurovision countries), but plenty others were better, and the sheer stupid size of it in 2018 would stop it from being the best even if it had enough good songs for that (it didn't).

Loindici

Veteran
(to me lithuania was always one of the weakest eurovision countries)

Funnily enough, when I average their placements (including semifinal) for the last 10 years (2010-2019)
🇱🇹 21.9
🇪🇪 22.0
🇱🇻 31.0
They are the strongest of Baltics, by a cloooooooooooose margin (based on average rank placements alone).

Daybreak

Funnily enough, when I average their placements (including semifinal) for the last 10 years (2010-2019)
🇱🇹 21.9
🇪🇪 22.0
🇱🇻 31.0
They are the strongest of Baltics, by a cloooooooooooose margin (based on average rank placements alone).

Yeah, I've noticed that they tend to actually do reasonably well even if they're the most overlooked Baltic country. Of course it is because while Latvia or Estonia occasionally fail pretty spectacularly, we also are more likely to send fan-favorite songs that end up in the top 10, and of course lots of good results and wins in the previous decades, and Lithuania hasn't quite gotten to that level yet (hopefully soon though).

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
By reading the lower thirds I noticed that Monique's song is made by none other than-

Vytautas Bikus

which completes our Holy Triangle of Baltic Composer:
🇱🇹 Vytautas
🇱🇻 Aminata, and
🇪🇪 Stig Rasta

wow they rhyme

EscGeek

Veteran
Twosome didn't pass? Just for that, we're gonna kick your ass at the olympics qualifying tournament IOTAP

This is their best song so far. Playa > Hello > the third one i don't like:lol:
And those lyrics: xheat
"When you're feeling happy and have something to do, don't do something, do do do do" <-- This is so Homer Simpson :lol:

My top 5 so far. xleft

1-Twosome
2-Meandi
3-Donata
4-Monika Marija
5-Ruta Loop

Mimmon

Veteran
Running Order for Heat 3

1.The Backs-Fully
2.Bernardas-Dad, Don't Be Mad at Me
3.Justina Žukauskaitė-Breathe In
4.Rokas Povilius-Vilnius Calling
5.KaYra-Alligator
6.Lukas Bartaška-Where Is That Change?
7.Evgenya Redko-What About Us
8.Ruslanas Kirilkinas-Soldier's Heart
9.Nombeko Augustė-Reikia man
10.Vitalijus Špokaitis-Nemušk savęs
11.Aistė Pilvelytė-Everlastingly
12.THE ROOP-On Fire

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Monique's performance is wonderful. Amazing vision and stage presence. It helped lift the song a bit for me. It initially was a letdown when I listened to the leak, especially after those Lovely comparisons. I still don't think the song is exactly amazing (it's super basic), but it's very much a case of an artist being able to leave a strong mark on what's a rather blank canvas of a song. I like it. Don't love it.. BUT that performance YES and yes again. It's so wonderful to see Most Haunted's young Yvette Fielding living her best cyber punk fantasy.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Gabrielius's issue isn't the choreography, it's 100% the outfit. Put him in a slick pin-striped suit and adjust the camerawork a bit and BOOM, that's one cool-looking entry ready for the grand final.

Moniqué is not my usual jam, but it is the entry I've been coming back to after two heats. I have fully accepted she will win and will be disappointed if she doesn't.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I think part of Gabrielius' charm for me is that he's stupidly handsome but decides to f**k it up by making that handsome as awkward and hard for the average person to enjoy as possible, almost in a Conan Osiris kind of way, wearing things that anyone with eyes wouldn't (just check his instagram page). Of course, I did say "for me" at the beginning of this post because I think it's his weird fashion and awkwardness on stage that puts up a barrier. I think he can still look cool whilst staying true to himself. Maybe just needs to cover those legs and ditch the trainers. I think he looked sexy hot from the waist up. Below the waist was problematic, only highlighted by his bodily thrusts. But you know, if this is the look and performance Gabrielius wants to have, then so be it. I'm still here for him. He just probably won't win and I want him to win so strongly it hurts.

Loindici

Veteran
I immensely like 'Make Me Human', I do. I just haven't found love for it (yet). After two Vytautas entries (2015 and 2018) that were both 'good', this has the potential to be 'great' -- I mean, especially if her team can ditch the utterly and unnecessarily OTT performance, should it go to Rotterdam (lighting overload, exaggerated robotic moves, fetus background!?). Aside of that, the composition also needs some revamp in some stubborn places, to make it more raw.

Side opinion: Should ever The Monika Marija Band wins, I can accept it with open arms. IMO what Monique is in 2020 is what MM was in 2019.

Top Bottom