10 2.6%

14 3.6%

5 1.3%

8 2.1%

59 15.3%

• Total voters

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Amazing news. Hopefully there is no rejection and he lives a long and fulfilling life, creating more wonderful music.

tuorem

Okay, sorry for the double post, but I just wanted to say "Amar Pelos Dois" ended up being my personal number one (after staying out of my top ten for weeks at first).

It never ceased to grow on me while others started to fade. Deserved winner (both musically and symbolically) and best song/act of 2017. Period.

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: PORTUGAL 2017

I was looking back through some old threads, and wow, this post and the incident leading up to it are truly underrated moments of ESCUnited lore. I can't stop laughing.

This incident cracked me up xD

I’m expecting a lot more at this years FdC! Hahahaha

AdelAdel

I'm late, but whatever. Big congrats to Portugal! In the past songs like this usually didn't qualify from the semis. And in Portuguese too. Amazing! Is this a step in the right direction for Eurovision? I'll say no. Normally, I'd want to think that this might make other countries reconsider what they're sending and which language they're singing in, but no, I don't think they will change their train of thought. I liked five songs last year in total. By the way, this song is my favorite winner since who knows when.

IdaVelvet

The song is otherwordly. It fills my lungs with deep forests and beauty whenever I listen to it. Deserved winner. :3

Also Salvador is adorable

lolita

He looks very healthy, happy and handsome now! I almost couldn't recognize him on the new photos which appeared on social media, without all his messy hair and ponytails. I am glad that he is feeling well now and making music that he likes. :)

Mainshow

Veteran
12 points
I dislike his personality when it comes to the music industry and his peers but oh well, that song was a masterpiece! It was love at first sight. It was unique, romantic, so warm and different.
Portugal really deserved to win and the victory was proof enough that "politics" and "diaspora" / "neigbouring" votes are just minor factors.

mup

Years later, this song still is a little gem and reflects the Portuguese identity so well.xlove:pt:(y)

ESC94

I know it´s very late but if someone´s interested, here are the detailed positions each juror ranked "Amar pelos dois":

Fx9ixTHWcAAgP5Y

-79 jurors (38,5 %) ranked :pt: first
- 155 jurors (75,6 %) had it in their Top 5
- 188 jurors (91,7 %) had it in their Top 10
- 3 jurors (1,5 %) had it in their Bottom 5

I´m sure with the current calculation system of the jury results "Amar pelos dois" would´ve also gotten :12: from the juries in :at: and probably :no: as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom