Contact us

WV TÓRSHAVN 182 🐏 GRAND FINALE 🌊 Results this evening around 21 CET!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Congratulations ::atti Nicholas on your (first?!?) victory! Can't believe it's taken this long for you to score a win. It feels sort of symbolic you got it with Attica also, it's the region/country I most associate you with. :mrgreen: Efi Thodi for PQ or riot. Also congrats :es: Amir on making the top 3, super great entry. It's a shame you couldn't quite pull it of given you were just about the only left leaning entry in the final (and top 10) but 3rd is still great. Ari getting 2nd was super great to see also. xheart Congrats to you.

Thank you chon for hosting, in my 'western usa voted' post I should have made it clear that your banners and hosting has been fantastic, the no comment was more to do with the absolute absymal line up of songs this edition and final. Your hosting has made it very enjoyable, especially with that little game in the semi final results.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
A huge congrats ::atti Nicholas on not only your first win, but on an amazing winner as well! xlove Many thanks to our dear hosts chontono and Uto for a fabulous edition. xheart

xpolice But please people, don't @mention the winner until you know they've seen the thread. Let them have some excitement catching up with the results!

Nicholas123

tenor.gif

Or maybe not. Less than 84 years, but still, quite some time. 11 years of participation to be exact. With a few breaks ofc.

Here I am, victorious. Finally. I joined WV in April 2013, on its 12th edition and this is my first win. I guess I must be holding the record of the player who won after the most tries, lol.

I have played with Greece, Central Macedonia, France and Attica, but the truth is that “the first stab is the deepest” as we say in :gr: so ::atti remains my favorite region, so I consider it is kinda romantic/poetic I managed to get my first victory with it. xheart Still cannot believe that ::atti actually won WV. :lol:

A bit of a trivia about the song ; I was familiar with PAGAN band and their work and I had kept some of their songs in my list (“Nona” included). Then I totally forgot about them. It was only a few weeks ago, when I heard “Nona” being featured in an episode of my most fave Greek series this year, if not ever (I’m talking about “ψυχοκόρες” @CypriotGirl, you should defo watch them, in case you haven’t already). I thought it was a sign that I should send the song, so well, the rest is history. :mrgreen:

Thank you everyone for your votes. Perhaps I’ve been away from the contest for too long and I am completely out of touch with the current trends, but not in a million years would have I thought that “Nona” was a song that it could have such a broad appeal and win WV.

Not gonna host, unfortunately. This victory came way too late and my free time right now is very specific. But, hey, this means Ari and Uto will offer us a splendid edition with their collaboration.

EDIT HUGE thanks to Juan and Uto on such an amazing hosting! xheart the graphics epsecially! xlove

C ya around.

Last edited:

Amir

Veteran
Ugh....just now when I was about to switch again :poop:
I don't know what to do..
I'll let you know later, unless @Arion changes his mind

Arion

I'll let you know later, unless @Arion changes his mind

Nah I'm not hosting.
I'm already overwhelmed, overstimulated, stressed out and exhausted.
I'm barely sleeping. Yesterday my coworkers forced me to go home because I had 2 nosebleeds.
My Spin-Off hosting was a mess due to all shitty things life is throwing at me.
I am not going to put that kind of pressure on me.
I will not host.
UwU

Looren

Veteran
Nah I'm not hosting.
I'm barely sleeping. Yesterday my coworkers forced me to go home because I had 2 nosebleeds.
I will not host.
UwU

*hugs*

Grinch

Nah I'm not hosting.
I will not host.
UwU
e5e5dcdaa4ed48673424768102e5d8ea.gif

Amir

Veteran
First of all, @Arion I can totally understand that and I hope you get well soon xheart

About hosting, well...I will host. F*ck it.
The main reason i actually CAN host is that @Uto will me my co-host, and as our excel-wizard he'll work his magic again!
Your votes will be in safe hands! Big thanks to him!

As you all know my WV spirits were at their record low in the recent months. So I'll take this as an opportunity to dive into it again, and take that sweet PQ as a side effect to end my Spain chapter with another Final. I'll have such a hard time deciding on my last entry though....
Unlike the host city. It was my second choice when I had my last hosting, it is a beautiful city that I've been to and afaik it has never served has a host city: So, we're going to sunny Seville xheart
Hope ya'll ready for another low quality hosting thx to me xheat

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Congrats ::atti and @Nicholas123 xlove xcheer

This edition you had the advantage of being one of the only really pot F entries and I was sure it was gonna slay, I mentioned it to @Uto when I voted in semi 1! :p
Btw, I was planning to start watching "Psychokores" since I saw the trailer on tv, but I haven't started watching it yet. I'll surely start it as soon as I make some free time. :D

Sorry for Sudogdidntwin though. It felt that it was gonna win with landslide until the last couple of scoreboards and I would've been very upset if I was in @Arion shoes. If it was a couple of months ago, it would've got more points than 3 that I gave it and maybe it would've won with my points, because it kinda faded out and grew off me, and I gave space to some new discoveries that I was a bit more enthusiastic about in this final. :)

Also, thanks for the 9th place for my entry! I discovered it about a month ago, I was addicted to it and I wanted to give it a shot because it was too old for FSC and I felt I wanted to send it right away somewhere. I initially submitted it to Orient Matsuri but I wanted to save it for bigger audience, so I changed it and sent it in Worldvision instead!

John1

:lu: LUXEMBOURG - 15th - 100 POINTS

:12: xheart
:10: :paci:
:8: :de::se::be:
:7: ::atti:us:
:6: :al::en:
:5: ::nswa Xinjiang :is::au::it:
:4: :west:
:3: :susa: Côte d'Ivoire
:2: :fo::at:
:1: :za:

Well, this was the very last entry from Luxembourg :lu: after 4 amazing editions and qualifications in a row, which basically never ever happened to me. I really thought that I would NQ with this entry, but I wanted to risk it all with a moving and edgy entry.

This rather average result might be due to this entry being lost among other even edgier entries. Had I entered with this song last edition, it might have turned it around for me. xheart

Anyway, I wanted to thank you all for such a mindblowing run that I never ever expected to have, because picking Luxembourg among other available countries/regions was a chance to take, and I succeeded in making this small European state more appreciated and acknowledged for its various yet indie music industry. I'm pretty sure that i'm going to have a tough time replicating it for WV 183 with ::brit, but I have faith in my new vision of things since my return.

Thank you everyone. xheart

Uto

Veteran
Anyway, I wanted to thank you all for such a mindblowing run that I never ever expected to have, because picking Luxembourg among other available countries/regions was a chance to take, and I succeeded in making this small European state more appreciated and acknowledged for its various yet indie music industry.

Luxembourg went from 0/6 to 4/10 qualification rate while bringing it it's first podium to boot. You can be very proud of this.

John1

Luxembourg went from 0/6 to 4/10 qualification rate while bringing it it's first podium to boot. You can be very proud of this.
should have pushed my run to make it 50% but... yeah, good luxembourgish songs are running out

Top Bottom