Contact us

WV Spin Off 7 | Folk and Ethnic Song | Result Show (starts from pg 5)

nekoisneko

15bqcj.png

Welcome to Salt Lake City, Utah

Salt Lake City, often shortened to Salt Lake or SLC, is the capital and the most populous city of the U.S. state of Utah. With a population of 189,899 as of the 2011 estimate, the city lies in the core of the Salt Lake City metropolitan area, which has a total population of 1,145,905. At this moment, Salt Lake City will host the most exciting event, WorldVision Spin Off, with Folk and Ethnic song as its theme.

14473td.png

Finished at 4th Place, The Piano Guys will be opening act for this special event. and please enjoy a glimpse of Southern Utah

Another opening act from Ute Tribe, the Indian Tribe of Utah

and now, let's the show begin :D

Running Order via random.org

Deadline to vote : 9 April 2013, 23:59 CET

Please send your vote to me (nekoisneko) via PM and in Eurovision Style (12pts, 10pts, 8pts, and so on)

Thank you and good luck xcheer

xcat

nekoisneko

Re: WV Spin Off 7 | Folk and Ethnic Song | The Show | DDL : TBA

Voted So Far (14/16)

1. Moravicki Okrug
  2. Azerbaijan
  3. Malaysia
  4. France
  5. Latvia
  6. Cyprus
  7. Mexico
  8. Tunisia
  9. Indonesia
  10. Nicosia
  11. Romania
  12. Dalmatia
  13. Greece
  14. Sweden

hawadharma

Awesome show Neko !! xbow xbow xbow

And very nice banners xcheer xcheer

nekoisneko

Btw, I was in a rush

so, sorry if the banners are simple :oops:

and please report if there is any link that doesn't work ;)

EmperorG

Re: WV Spin Off 7 | Folk and Ethnic Song | The Show | DDL : 9 April 2013, 23:59 CET

Awesome show neko xcat xlove

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Re: WV Spin Off 7 | Folk and Ethnic Song | The Show | DDL : 9 April 2013, 23:59 CET

Awesome xcheer

Jim

Very good job!!! :)

CypriotGirl

Veteran

2vlv39i.png

"Anerada" means fairy.

It's a poem from 1893, by Vasilis Michaelides, the national poet of Cyprus.

It's in Cypriot dialect from the 19th century, so there are some words I don't understand!

It's the story of a guy who saw a beautiful girl at a river cross and fell in love with her. She told him "come and follow me", and they crossed valleys, lowlands and mountains. Then they reached a high mountain like paradise, and told him to continue without her, she started laughing and then disappeared.

As I read in a newspaper, the poem was written for a girl from Larnaca who was very beautiful like a fairy and she was the first love of the poet (her name was Eugenia Barzilli and her father's name was Francesco, so she should've been Latin-Cypriot). She liked to flirt with him, but with others too, and in the end she married a rich merchant from Izmir and left Cyprus. Naughty girl :lol:

nekoisneko

Narmina

Awesome show xcheer

as78

Great show, neko. xheart xbow

hawadharma

:my:

INTRODUCTION TO MALAYSIAN ENTRY
"Ngajat Tampi" (Dance of Harvest)

"Ngajat Tampi" is an evergreen masterpiece from Malaysia's Queen of Ethnic songs, Noraniza Idris.
This song intricately illustrate the unique musical charm of the Iban ethnic of Sarawak,
a prosperous Malaysian state located in the Borneo Islands.

The lyrics are poetic, but nonetheless playful and very close to the hearts of Ibans especially.
Set in the paddy harvesting season, the singer sings about the great festive aura in the longhouse that she visits.
At the end, she was so touched with the hospitality, she feels reluctant to return home.

The song rightfully won Best Ethnic Song in Malaysian Music Awards 2003.

Enjoy this cultural masterpiece that transcends language barrier and geographic borders!

Narmina

:az: has sent the votes. Love my Top3 xheart xbow

hawadharma

:my: has voted.. Loved my top 2 and will be happy if one of them wins the whole thing ;)

as78

:lv: has voted :D xcheer

Very good spin-off with some really great songs, but TBH I enjoyed more the same theme spin-off at NSC. ;)
Good luck to all! xcheer

as78

This inspired me to watch 'Så som i Himmelen' again. :D xlove xcheer

Top Bottom