PLAYLIST

SEND YOUR VOTES TO ME BY PM

DEADLINE:
January 3rd 23:59 CET

Last edited:

Grinch

@Grinch I KNEW IIIIIIT :love:
And it was Seoul's 132 entry, I knew it²

HOW? :LOL: I'm checking database again and can't find it.

Edit: Oh ok, 132 you said. Database is 90-131.
Edit 2: I took a break in 132, didn't know the songs. Then, good taste @Steffan :mrgreen:
Edit 3: Seoul ended last place in the semi?!!! YOU BISHES

Last edited:

Steffan

HOW? :LOL: I'm checking database again and can't find it.

Edit: Oh ok, 132 you said. Database is 90-131.
Edit 2: I took a break in 132, didn't know the songs. Then, good taste @Steffan :mrgreen:
Edit 3: Seoul ended last place in the semi?!!! YOU BISHES

Lol yeah xD WV is getting more into kpop, but boybands are still a no-go :)

Grinch

Lol yeah xD WV is getting more into kpop, but boybands are still a no-go :)

I prefer boybands tbh, song and dance based. Exo, Stray Kids, Ateez, Got7, NCT(and their378392 subunits) etc.
Dreamcatcher is probably the only gb I actually like. Most of them look very childish and cringy to me.
But it's a matter of taste ofc xmusic

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Dreamcatcher
giphy.gif

taste confirmed

For me it's the contrary, I find the boybands cringe af, I can't take their MVs seriously :lol: I can't connect to their songs, I'm not a fan of their voices and the instrumental parts seem insipid on more than one occasion.

theditz83

Veteran
For me it's the contrary, I find the boybands cringe af, I can't take their MVs seriously :lol: I can't connect to their songs, I'm not a fan of their voices and the instrumental parts seem insipid on more than one occasion.

OMG I'm glad it's not just me! BTS are just... xpuke Totally irritates me how they have all this massive global success while other far better groups struggle to be noticed out of SoKo xshrug

@NikolaiMoller I know it's not major and it makes the thread title a bit messy, but any chance you could add the voting DDL to the title so that I don't miss it when browsing over the forum? xlove

Last edited:

Grinch

Adult women singing and acting like 5-year-olds is very weird to me. All those "aegyo"s make me want to cry. Lyrics are always the same "I miss you" "My heart is broken" etc. And the stage looks like a barbie house or so... DC and Mamamoo are the only ones aren't like that, as far as I know at least. #respect

I really like BTS but if any other group had that much support from the beginning from the company, TOO many promotions etc. (ahem ahem Exo :() they could be that much famous too. Although I still respect them a lot. Billboard #1 with a Korean song? It's huge!

Steffan

I prefer boybands tbh, song and dance based. Exo, Stray Kids, Ateez, Got7, NCT(and their378392 subunits) etc.
But it's a matter of taste ofc xmusic

Same of me lately. Which is weird because when I first started listening to k-pop I listened almost exclusively to girlbands. But for the last 1-2 years its mostly boybands. All of the ones you mentioned xheart

OMG I'm glad it's not just me! BTS are just... xpuke Totally irritates me how they have all this massive global success while other far better groups struggle to be noticed out of SoKo xshrug

Hard disagree. Idk, I have a special relationship with BTS. Don't know if you've had the chance to listen to their B-sides and read the lyrics, but they deal with some topics like anxiety, depression, low self esteem etc, and they really helped me through some rough times. Also, they are the group that works the hardest of any k-pop band, with all the promotions, with all the TV shows, RUN, BonVoyage, movies, online concerts etc, they most definitely deserved it. Plus they work on their own tracks and don't really give in to trends, and still managed to push out to the mainstream which is super commendable and inspiring.

Uto

Veteran
For as much as I wish to pretend I'm a true scholar and a gentleman I must admit that this is simply an act. I am a simple man. I like the girls.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I know BTS are hard-workers and their lyrics are not as simple as most, but I still can't find it in me to like them, even with their B-sides. Their songs put me on edge, I don't really know how to explain it :lol: I just have less difficulty to get into the mood of girls groups (however there're not as many aegyo-like-things as you think).
I wish I could get into the BTS hype though, over there they're quite popular, their concerts in Paris last year were the most awaited thing :lol:

And okay, to be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about lyrics. The only time I judge them is in French.

Grinch

Also, they are the group that works the hardest of any k-pop band, with all the promotions, with all the TV shows, RUN, BonVoyage, movies, online concerts etc, they most definitely deserved it. Plus they work on their own tracks and don't really give in to trends, and still managed to push out to the mainstream which is super commendable and inspiring.

What I don't like about them is their company. During Idol era, the guys were already so busy with the schedule and yet BigHit added too many promotions to their schedule. Because K-fans wanted it. 24-hour-non-sleep routine is insane! Even fans couldn't catch up with the speed, one minute in this show and other minute in that show. Members were shaking on the stage, couldn't get up, cried etc.

In Korea, companies and fans think they own the idols. And they need to share content a lot. As much as I like seeing contents every day from my fave bands, I don't think this is actually healthy :( Also Korean beauty standards, forbidding public dating etc. feels quite surreal.

Btw, Stray Kids write and compose their own songs (3Racha), choreo, storyline of their mvs etc. too.

@Edweis Older songs of BTS are so much better imo. Spring Day is my favorite, I recommend it :gimmefive:

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Other than Dynamite - which I didn't even know it was a song by them until two weeks ago - I really cannot get into BTS for some reason and I can't put my finger on it. Their fans are absolutely crazy toxic and horrifying however, especially on twitter with their fancams spam and brigading every tweet, trend or basically losing their fricking minds when their idols don't win every single award in existence. Even if they seem like nice people, this level of cultish veneration really turns me off. Somehow the girl-band k-pop fans are not on this level of crazy, or at least I haven't seen it that much myself.

K-pop as a whole is very much an acquired taste tbh, but it definitely got better in the past three or four years and it shows, even in online contests.

Steffan

What I don't like about them is their company. During Idol era, the guys were already so busy with the schedule and yet BigHit added too many promotions to their schedule. Because K-fans wanted it. 24-hour-non-sleep routine is insane! Even fans couldn't catch up with the speed, one minute in this show and other minute in that show. Members were shaking on the stage, couldn't get up, cried etc.

In Korea, companies and fans think they own the idols. And they need to share content a lot. As much as I like seeing contents every day from my fave bands, I don't think this is actually healthy :( Also Korean beauty standards, forbidding public dating etc. feels quite surreal.

Btw, Stray Kids write and compose their own songs (3Racha), choreo, storyline of their mvs etc. too.

@Edweis Older songs of BTS are so much better imo. Spring Day is my favorite, I recommend it :gimmefive:

Agreed that the promotions and shows do get hectic at times and the boys did seem super tired. I do think they deserve more rest. It's the same with the majority of kpop as an industry as you mentioned, and the group-themed shows such as Run seem to be becoming the the standard, as in a lot of groups have them now. As much as I love seeing the boys as much as possible, I do think it can be unhealthy if overdone.

Stray Kids are just xheart They are my fave group currently after BTS. Love all their songs and the MVs are just next level. Plus it's so hard to pick a bias because they are all so amazing. Hyunjin is my baby, but I love Han and Felix and IN too :) And Bangchan ofc.

Grinch

Stray Kids are just xheart They are my fave group currently after BTS. Love all their songs and the MVs are just next level. Plus it's so hard to pick a bias because they are all so amazing. Hyunjin is my baby, but I love Han and Felix and IN too :) And Bangchan ofc.

SKZ is the only group that I like all members equally. They are all incredibly talented and very down-to-earth. And ofc weekly Chan's room xrunhug Nowadays I listen to SKZ and Ateez mostly. Since there is no hope for EXO comeback for at least 1.5 year, I dedicated myself discovering new groups :mrgreen:

Top Bottom