Contact us

WV BRUSSELS 177 | GRAND FINAL 🖤💛❤️ FINAL RESULTS POSTED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Okkk It's actually a really nice winner, I blanked it in my final top 10, lowkey was accidentally shady about it earlier but I don't score 7 points in a semi to songs I don't like even if the semi was dreadful. It was a nice entry to comeback on and I'm happy to see you score a victory out of it. Congrats ::gali !

Also thank you Connor for your hosting, it's been simply diwine. 🔥 Such gluttony was had with the chocolates and what not. Thank you for being the fab host you always are. xheart

Thank you to everyone who voted for my entry, lowkey meh to get kicked out of the top 10 in the final voter but 11th is still a brilliant outcome. Tbh i had no real expectations. I heard this song by chance and switch out my planned entry with it in a kneejerk reaction based on the one listen. Bless the kinda risk. Thank you once again for the points.

:west: 11th
96pts

:12: xexcuseme
:10: :se: :be:
:8: :cn:
:7: :mn: :al:
:6: :us: :be: :es:
:5: :rs: :paci: :kz: :gr:
:4: :hu:
:3: xexcuseme
:2: :fr: :it:
:1: :no: :at:

xrose

Zeus

Congrats @JSSArcos, for once I'm happy with a WV winner. Not even my fave Baiuca song, but still very solid.

Thank you @SAYAY for that 12, love you too ofc. Also, last place for Guelders is a bit of a crime. Imagine sending something musically innovative and pure to a song contest.

Thanks to Connah @theCONWEL for hosting, was lovely.

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Congratulations João and ::gali on your impressive victory! xcheer I did laugh when I saw your post in the predictions thread about how you were surprised by all the positive predictions for your entry :lol: I just couldn't squeeze you into my points in the final but I did enjoy the song and gave you some points in the semi, very well deserved win and a big welcome back to WV xrunhug Congratulations to Flo and Kai for your podium finishes as well!

Regarding my own result, my objective was to not be last and I DID IT (sorry Uto) xcheer This is the first time since my first hosting in WV58 that my PQ hasn't had the lowest score in the final so I'll take that place of real winners with delight. A big thank you especially to :fr: :de: for those 12s xheart

Thanks for all the kind words about my hosting, I've really enjoyed this one and I'm glad I managed to fit it all around my trip to France without anything going wrong :lol: I'll hopefully be able to welcome you back to Belgium again soon but for now, let's go to Galicia :cool:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
An epic way to return, João, entering the final and destroying us all xfaint We've missed you and I hope you enjoy the welcome back present from WorldVision xheart

Congratulations also to Flo, getting a medal for such a beautiful entry by maybe the best Icelandic band (sorry Sigur Ros).

:us: 3rd - 133 Points
:12: :se: :west: :ca: :pt: :es:
:10: LEINSTER
:8: :cali: :rs: :be: :jp:
:7: :coffee:
:6: :lv: :nrwe:
:5: :fr:
:4: :ua:
:3: ::guel :at:
:2: :is: :marm:
:1: :paci:

You were all hyping it up and I was starting to believe a win was very possible but 3rd is still wonderful. I haven't had this much fun entering with a song in ages, and it was great to see others have a good time too (we love those Debbie Gibson fact slingers). Thank you for all the love!!

And of course.. Conny! Oh my. It was a perfect edition. Very lush.. very delicious and we thank you for it xLO xheart

tumblr_inline_ofsvwk5seU1rxsjrd_500.gif

JSSArcos

Wow-gif.gif

OH, WELL, This surprised me! :love:

I am speechless, a unique feeling hard to express in words, a special victory, in this comeback.
I think the hardest entry to send is indeed the 1st one, because there's a range of possible choices, personally in my case I had selected 5 possible songs to send. But I never thought I would win. THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE xhugxheart I'M REALLY VERY HAPPY

Unfortunately, I won't be able to host this time :(. I'm really saddened by the fact that I can't take the WV to Galicia. Mid-November is a busy period for me with exams and work submissions, which makes it quite stressful. I have hosted on three occasions before and am well aware of the dedication and time required. I feel that accepting to host now would be irresponsible on my part as there are deadlines that I might not meet, which is something I definitely want to avoid.
I apologize to everyone, it's very disheartening, but perhaps there will be an opportunity in the future, during a month when there are no examsxpray

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Congrats ::gali and what a return to the contest for you, Joao! :) A major round of applause to our fabulous host @theCONWEL for an excellent hosting. Loved all the banners and scoreboards! xbow

Thank you so much for all the points to :svea:! xlove xhug xrose All those big points truly made my night!

:12: ::zb :lv: ::scia xheart
:10: :is: ::bawu xheart
:8: ::gali :cy: xheart
:6: :cali: :hu: xheart
:5: :ca: xheart
:4: :at: xheart
:3: :fr: xheart
:1: :cl: xheart

Apologies to :ua: :us: for not being able to include you! I enjoyed your songs as well. xrose

JSSArcos

Thank you for the excellent hosting @theCONWEL :love: it was perfect!! I LOVED THE CHOCOLATE

Thanks again, but now in detail xheartxheartxheart
Spain 3
Pacific States 10
Greece 10
Chile 2
Canada 3
Scania 5
Portugal 8
Marmara 12
Sweden 4
China 12
Iceland 3
Japan 10
Cyprus 12
Guelders 7
Ukraine 12
Norway 4
Albania 1
Italy 8
Leinster 8
Lativa 7
UK 4
N. Rhine-Westphalia 3
Hungray 7
Baden-Württemburg 8
Svealand 2

Netherlands 8
I was really caught by surprise :LOL: my week started in the best way possible!!!!!!!! xbow

I'm really happy to see :is:in 2, great song, I honestly wanted to see this win!!! This was profound and had great meaning, very happy that WV recognized this, congratulations friend @ShoeFlo

@daniels1000 ::bawu
What a gem you sent, I got hooked on the music for the whole month. A perfect vibe. I checked on last.fm, this month I listened to the song 66 times. And I really became a fan of Edwin Rosen (151 scrobbles)... "1119", 21 Nächte wach, leichter//kälter. I discovered an artist that I will definitely listen to more often, THANK YOU FOR THAT.

@Stargazer :svea: a unique simplicity, what perfect harmony! I missed these incredible instrumentals, Anna, thank you.

sorry for :marm: :us: :be: :rs:(11-14 place), I liked your songs

"Happiness lies in the small things in life", and this, this contest is living proof of that. Glad that I decided to come back, have a good week everyone.xheart

ShoeFlo

:is: Low Roar - Gosia, 2nd 136 pts :is:

Big thanks to:

:12: :paci: ::bawu
:10: ::gali :pt: :us: :cy: :uk: :svea:
:8: :fr: ::zb :lv:
:7: :cali: :nrwe:
:4: :ca: ::lein :de:
:1: :marm: :nl:

What a phenomenal result that exceeded my expectations by far! I was hoping for a Top 10 result but actually returning to the medal podium is something I didn’t consider realistic with a rather subtle beauty like my entry.. People who checked out my green room post know this is a very personal and important entry to me because Low Roar is one of my all time favorite artists, and since their singer passed away one year ago I felt the urge to finally pay tribute. Moreover this song also helped me through difficult times six years ago.
Finishing 2nd is a great thing itself but doing it with a meaningful entry like this one is truly the cherry on the cake. Another milestone in my WV adventure and you can’t guess how grateful I am

Congrats once again to Joao on your win! :D In the beginning the song did nothing to me but later on it became one of my growers in the final so I was glad I could reward it with some points.I think it is a logical winner because the song unites typical elements of different pots and it is very catchy

Congrats Kai to that 3rd place. I feel like I should have enjoyed this a little more than I eventually did because I consider the 1980s as the best decade for pop music but well, I liked it enough to include it in my final top 10 and to give it middle points in a disgraceful semi final 2 xup very refreshing choice anyway. I love the variety of your entries lately.

Kinda ironic that while I preferred the SF1 so much over SF2 my final 12 points has been California coming from SF2 :) the timing for sending Carpenters couldn’t have been better… in the last couple of months I delved into their music because I noticed my favorite radio channel is playing them a lot. “Rainy days and Mondays” I didn’t know before but I immediately clicked with it… it has some kind of vibe I currently connect with very strongly.. I wish it would have done better though… it shouldn't be close to the bottom.

Since Joao refused I’d love to host the next edition in Iceland :)

Last edited:

chontono

Congrats to the winner once again, a pity you can’t host but surely you will have another chance.
I want to thank everyone on this edition, especially to the fantastic host and the voters of Pelo negro, giving it the third top-7 for :cl: in a short while xbow
:12: :jp: xheat xheart xheart
:10: :cali: :nl: xrose xrose xrose
:8: :no: xbow
:7: ::bawu :eek:
:6: :mn: xcheer
:5: :nrwe: ::zb ::gali :at: :lv: :is: xheart
:4: ::guel xheart
:3: :marm: :cn: :cy: xheart
:2: ::scia xheart
:1: :us: xheart
OMG, I have all points for the very first time ever :p:geek:

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
Oh my, what a lovely, pristine scoreboard, Connor!

And thank you Looren, Calvin and Hiji for the points xheart and a special thank you to living legend Gary for the 12 xheat xlove I was so hopeful you'd love the entry.
If this is the reward I get for sending BWO, maybe I should send them more often xheat

Congrats @JSSArcos - what a way to return to the contest! Nice entry, felt like a solid entry with fairly broad appeal and so it turned out xup

Fantastic hosting Conny - loved our little sojourn to Belgium, and now to head to the icy tundra for next edition. After a sad NQ last edition, Sweden is bringing the fire to combat the cold conditions in :is: ;)

ShoeFlo

Congrats to the winner once again, a pity you can’t host but surely you will have another chance.
I want to thank everyone on this edition, especially to the fantastic host and the voters of Pelo negro, giving it the third top-7 for :cl: in a short while xbow
:12: :jp: xheat xheart xheart
:10: :cali: :nl: xrose xrose xrose
:8: :no: xbow
:7: ::bawu :eek:
:6: :mn: xcheer
:5: :nrwe: ::zb ::gali :at: :lv: xheart
:4: ::guel xheart
:3: :marm: :cn: :cy: xheart
:2: ::scia xheart
:1: :us: xheart
OMG, I have all points for the very first time ever :p:geek:

you forgot me... I gave you :5: too :)

Scania

A big and warm congratulations to Galicia! I'm so glad that a culturally strong region like yours won and the song grew immensely on me from the semifinal to the final.

I'm almost ashamed that I didn't give Galicia any points in the semi. But when I listened again it was impossible to leave the song out of my top ten in the grand final :love:

Thank you to everyone that voted for Scania and Peter von Poehl's song :D The first final for us was so fun to follow! Being in the lead for quite some time between voter 10 and 15 or so, and then staying in the top 5 a few more rounds made me so happy and proud ::scia ::scia

Even though we barely scored any points at all with the other half of voters and ended up at 18th this was a huge step for Scania and we hope to continue with an even better placement in the next edition :D

12 Italy
10 Zambia
8 United States
8 United Kingdom
7 Iceland
6 Galicia
4 Svealand
4 Baden-Württemberg
3 Mongolia
3 Western USA
3 Portugal
2 Latvia
2 Hungary
1 California
1 Guelders

ferret

Wow, what a grand success this time around! xYE The change of style has been good for us. Do you really want to hear indie-dream-pop-rock from the UK? :mrgreen: Thanks to everyone who voted for this simple 🇬🇧 song with 5 thousand views! xheart

Congratulations to Galicia & Joao, quite a logical and well deserved win! :cool:
Thanks to @theCONWEL for hosting, it was very nice! xup

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Kinda ironic that while I preferred the SF1 so much over SF2 my final 12 points has been California coming from SF2 :) the timing for sending Carpenters couldn’t have been better… in the last couple of months I delved into their music because I noticed my favorite radio channel is playing them a lot. “Rainy days and Mondays” I didn’t know before but I immediately clicked with it… it has some kind of vibe I currently connect with very strongly.. I wish it would have done better though… it shouldn't be close to the bottom.
xheartxheartxheart Very appreciative of your 12 and comments

thank you, in fact, to everyone who voted for :cali:!! Really happy to have been in the final here.

Congratulations @JSSArcos on your win--quite a dominant performance!!

And thank you Connor for this great show xheart

ShoeFlo

Not a song I saw as a winner, bu ohh well :) gratz and also Iceland, Im very sad :(
that you forgot the mention me i am pretty sure I gave points to Iceland :)
well next edition you will see me return home to Denmark
yess.. in fact, I used the wrong flag code. I wrote :: za but that's the code for South Africa, not for Zambia :D
I fixed it now
Next time I will simply choose the flag from the smiley menu :)
Thanks a lot for your points :)

daniels1000

Congrats João for this amazing comeback win xheart Great song, and so happy to see you back!! And I'm really glad that you loved my entry that much < 3

And now thanks to everyone who voted for ::bawu! Really happy with another Top 10 for Edwin, and this song which is quite dear to me xhug

:12: ::gali :uk:
:10: :it:
:8: :kz: :is:
:7: ::scia
:6: :at: :svea:
:4: :gr: :us: :nl: :mn:
:3: :lv: Leinster
:2: :paci: :cali:
:1: :es: :cn: :nrwe:

BernadetteCydonia

I haven't commented on the results yet, my bad!

So everyone has belated congratulations from me;

Congrats Galicia for winning with a bit of a banger, I really enjoyed that one. And on your return too! Missed you a little too much out there, heheheheheh ^^
Congrats to Iceland too for coming just high enough to take over the hosting from the winner. Already expecting a good job xheart
Congrats to Belgium for ending up in the Place of Real Winners. It is uncommon for hosts to end up there knowing that they either slay in here or drop to the very last. It was a nice teeny boppy song, could have been rated a little higher personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom