Contact us

WV 178 HÚSAVÍK - SEMI FINAL 1 - RESLUTS: 19/11, 20 CET xheat

ShoeFlo

jz0tmnG.png

OUR HOSTS

WYjSm09.jpg
40O7bsm.png

ABOUT THE BANNERS

The topic of this edition's banners is “How do the jurors spend their time in Iceland?” and I asked an Artificial friend of mine to illustrate the users activities. I quickly realized the AI I’ve used is quite cheap compared to those some of you seem to use.
First I was frustrated that my AI is overchallenged with complex phrases I made up but more and more I got fascinated by the bizarrness the AI created.. I mean a few of the pictures are actually brilliant, however many of them are pretty flawed in a charming way and some of them just cracked me up straightaway. In the end I thought it is worth sharing them with you including those that are totally far off from what I asked the AI to do.
I just hope you all have a good portion of humour and self-irony!

OPENING ACT

OUR ENTRIES

PQ

FERRET SHOW

VOTES TO ME! xcheer

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
These AI banners are sensational. I can't wait to see mine. Everyone represented. It's hard to pick a fave, topless mero DJing, cute ferret taking a bath, The puppy!!

Honestly great show, Flo. xbow

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I can't believe that 'fast approaching mid 30s bearded English man with long hair and a challenging hairline enjoys a dream cup of tea with his Euro disco idol Amanda Lear who for some reason appears quite haunted in a beautiful Icelandic restaurant' gave back such perfect results. I really feel like I'm in Iceland right now living my wildest fantasy.

The personal touch you've added to these banners makes them a lot of fun to look at. You've done a delightful job, Flo. Also, this semi was so moody (in a good way). I quite enjoyed it.

JSSArcos

Oh, my god :love:xheatxheatxheat

I love everything, the location, the opening act, hosts, the banners. Excellent work. I can't wait to see mine xbow
(It makes me want to watch the movie again) :lol:

Shouldn't we have access to PQ music from Iceland?

Sultana

The show looks splendid, laughing at sultanish glorious banner

I don´t spend time at Husavik, seems like I rule there HAHAHAH

Charly

You captured me so well with my enthusiasm in Martial Arts!

Judo is certainly I always enjoy watching competition wise, probably my all time favorite Olympics event

Uto

Veteran
Yeah I like the show a lot. I mean when I was doing Pokemon hosting with Edweis we tried to work in a lot of these little in-jokes as this is ultimately such a large part of what WV actually IS, a community of people sharing this little inner culture. This hosting doesn't celebrate Iceland, it doesn't celebrate WV as an institution, it doesn't celebrate the host or the songs or anything. No, this celebrates us, the players, and I appreciate this a lot. It's a wonderful gift.

ShoeFlo

Yeah I like the show a lot. I mean when I was doing Pokemon hosting with Edweis we tried to work in a lot of these little in-jokes as this is ultimately such a large part of what WV actually IS, a community of people sharing this little inner culture. This hosting doesn't celebrate Iceland, it doesn't celebrate WV as an institution, it doesn't celebrate the host or the songs or anything. No, this celebrates us, the players, and I appreciate this a lot. It's a wonderful gift.

You found beautiful words, thank you very much! You'd deserve a warm hug for that. And what you describe is exactly what I was trying to achieve.

I think it is a pity that I don't know most of the users here good enough for putting in insider jokes in their banners, though. For those I don't know well I was working a lot with associations I get from user names, places or nationalities or I did quick researches on user profiles to get my banner ideas. I think no banner is totally randomly chosen, I racked up my brain for every user individually in some way.
If you guys are curios what's the basic idea of your banner, feel free to ask :lol:

Genesis

Naked Merio doing his own DJ set for WV community in special underground Husavik club. Yes, it did happen.
Wonderful job Flo. Banners are great. Iceland can into AI

ShoeFlo

Frankly, both the guy and the bust in the Portugal banner remind me of Cristiano Ronaldo.
in fact it's got nothing to do with CR... I saw your location is New York so I put together a sentence containing Big Apple and Statue.. I think it was something like "portuguese man biting in a big apple looking at a statue in Iceland"... and thats what AI made of it :lol: I kept it because it's fascinatingly bizarre

Top Bottom